All of your complaints are meaningless you know?

#11TrappedInLimboPosted 3/7/2013 3:25:00 PM
schweedubz posted...
http://www.amazon.com/SimCity-Limited-Edition-Pc/dp/B007FTE2VW/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1362693657&sr=8-1&keywords=simcity

I'm sure EA is not happy with those reviews. This DRM is still relatively new for gamers, but its pissing off us hardcore. This won't be the last failed launch, by EA or otherwise, but us gamers will put an end to this bullsnarky one way or another.

I'm pretty sure EA doesn't care about butthurt people rating the game a 1 because of server problems. People think that they can change things by not buying the game but most of the time they end up buying it anyway or most people disagree with them.
---
Assumptions aren't facts, opinions aren't facts.
#12cyanide_suicidePosted 3/7/2013 3:30:17 PM
TrappedInLimbo posted...
People think that they can change things by not buying the game but most of the time they end up buying it anyway or most people disagree with them.

Keep thinking that EA shill.
#13MlREFOXPosted 3/7/2013 3:33:49 PM
TrappedInLimbo posted...
schweedubz posted...
http://www.amazon.com/SimCity-Limited-Edition-Pc/dp/B007FTE2VW/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1362693657&sr=8-1&keywords=simcity

I'm sure EA is not happy with those reviews. This DRM is still relatively new for gamers, but its pissing off us hardcore. This won't be the last failed launch, by EA or otherwise, but us gamers will put an end to this bullsnarky one way or another.

I'm pretty sure EA doesn't care about butthurt people rating the game a 1 because of server problems. People think that they can change things by not buying the game but most of the time they end up buying it anyway or most people disagree with them.

I'm pretty sure you know nothing about the market. EA might not care about whining, but they will care about declining sales and the inability to sell DLCs and expansions. User outrage can have quite an impact on future sales.
#14TrappedInLimboPosted 3/7/2013 3:34:02 PM
I will considering the fact that this 'threat' has been played out many times with different games and guess what? It didn't work :)
---
Assumptions aren't facts, opinions aren't facts.
#15pokefan35Posted 3/7/2013 3:35:00 PM
TrappedInLimbo posted...
I will considering the fact that this 'threat' has been played out many times with different games and guess what? It didn't work :)

Cept the games where it worked, like this one, and that other one.
#16cyanide_suicidePosted 3/7/2013 3:36:08 PM
TrappedInLimbo posted...

People were saying that about DmC. People were saying haters will just end up buying the game anyway. Guess what happened? The game flopped hard. It's sales were nothing short of abysmal.
#17darkace77450Posted 3/7/2013 3:40:59 PM
yamas11 posted...
This game is already a top seller, that's all that matters. If I was in their shoes, I would do the same thing and gladly take millions of complaints in exchange for having my product sell well.

What you say is true. But it's not the WHOLE truth. The part you're leaving out is how EA lost more than 2 billion dollars and more than 60% of its stock value over the last five years.
#18DraconisRexPosted 3/7/2013 3:42:43 PM
yamas11 posted...
This game is already a top seller, that's all that matters. If I was in their shoes, I would do the same thing and gladly take millions of complaints in exchange for having my product sell well.

Which is what they do. Time-and-time again. Which is why I NEVER pre-order EA games and, once they're released (in the genres I care about) and fail (which is close to uniform at this point in time) I don't buy them.

And even the rare 'decent' games they produce, I refuse to buy until they hit the bargain bin as they're almost always incomplete games that require $30 worth of DLC and/or expansion packs to approach what I get from other companies at retail box price.

In the end, lost customers like me is why they're having constant financial problems. This year, they've lost close to $200 million and over the previous five years have lost $2.4 billion with only one of the past 5 & 3/4 years being profitable and THAT was accounting tricks..

In short, your argument is as short-sighted as EAs' management which is based solely on short-term gains and not cultivating the long-term loyalty of a customer by providing the best gaming one could reasonably expect for the money.
---
Ding-Dong! The Witch Is Dead
#19DraconisRexPosted 3/7/2013 3:53:06 PM
ULT1MA posted...
TC has a point. Why are you people thinking it is worth taking time to whine and complain about stuff that:

1. WILL NOT make a difference in making the game get better
2. EA will not see your post on here.
3. WE DONT CARE

ME1 sold over 3 million copies its first year. People were happy with the game. When ME2 came out, it sold over 500K pre-orders and received a lot of positive reviews by word-of-mouth. It went on to sell over 3 million copies its first year.

When DA:O was released it sold over 3 million copies in the first year. Like ME2, DA2 had a good 500K+ pre-orders. It sold another 300K in the first week. But the word of mouth you discount hammered its sales and the game barely broke 1 million in sales, despite going into the bargain bin just four months after release.

In short, word-of-mouth matters. It matters a lot.

Bad games get a lot of bad press. They get a lot complaining on forums. Sales suffer, sometimes tremendously, over bad word-of-mouth.

This is fundamental to any product of service: complaints kill sales.

And if EA management has a tin ear, that's their problem. Sooner or later the Board will fire Ricetello and his clown posse. Maybe EA continues its downward spiral because they hire another non-game-industry CEO whose experience was Sara Lee Pound Cake and Clorox Bleach.

Or, maybe, they get smart and hire someone who understands games aren't bleach and crappy frozen pound-cake and people care and want to be treated properly. Something many other game companies recognize and cultivate.

So, pretend word-of-mouth doesn't matter. Think you're on the 'high ground.' Kid yourself all you want. EA has troubles and your thinking is the same kind of thinking that gives EA its troubles. You'd fit right in to their upper management.
---
#20DraconisRexPosted 3/7/2013 4:05:00 PM
TrappedInLimbo posted...

Except, of course, it work with DA2. It did work with Duke Nukem Forever.

And, of course, it's not like it hasn't been studied to death:

A study released todaby global integrated communications agency Waggener Edstrom Worldwide, Annenberg School for Communication & Journalism at the University of Southern California, and Harris Interactive. Industry trade groups, surveyed 507 adult gamers between June 6th to July 27th of this year, finding that 33% of those who had purchased a game within the six months prior to the study cited word of mouth from family and friends as the biggest influence on their purchase.

The remainder of the chart shows that advertising and promotions accounted for a mere 11% of influenced purchases, beaten by game reviews, demos, and retail presence.

In short WORD OF MOUTH is THE MOST IMPORTANT FACTOR. Word of mouth also impacts not-buying games. Even more strongly as people are far more likely to recommend against than to recommend for.

And no matter how much you and the other Internet wags try to pretend this out-cry doesn't matter. It is, in fact, what matters most.
---