Functioning City. Now what?

#1FettklompPosted 3/7/2013 4:02:56 PM
So I used 98% of all usable space in my city. I have a population of around 100k and starting to run into sewage and water issues, but thats really no biggie.
I've built the city using loans when needed and a poor income of 500-3000 simoleons per hour (although I export a lot of coal and have decent income through gambling).
I honestly dont know where to go next? Every single project I might could've done feels just so unneeded due to it will reduce my population one way or another because I would have to bulldoze something.

Starting another city doesn't really have any incentives what so ever. It feels like: "Nice work on this part of the region, want to do it ALL over again over here --->?" No thanks -.-
So yeah. 6 hours into the game (plus another 6 just trying to get in) and I feel so bored.

Unless I missed something big which will increase my income tremendously so I can maybe unleash some more creativity and a tactic to increase my population even more (feels like 100-150k is the max) I probably will be shelving this game among my other 6-12 hour gameplay games Ive stored over time.
#2darkace77450Posted 3/7/2013 4:08:32 PM
Now wait for the DLC.
#3mcxar2000Posted 3/7/2013 4:12:31 PM
Fettklomp posted...
So I used 98% of all usable space in my city. I have a population of around 100k and starting to run into sewage and water issues, but thats really no biggie.
I've built the city using loans when needed and a poor income of 500-3000 simoleons per hour (although I export a lot of coal and have decent income through gambling).
I honestly dont know where to go next? Every single project I might could've done feels just so unneeded due to it will reduce my population one way or another because I would have to bulldoze something.

Starting another city doesn't really have any incentives what so ever. It feels like: "Nice work on this part of the region, want to do it ALL over again over here --->?" No thanks -.-
So yeah. 6 hours into the game (plus another 6 just trying to get in) and I feel so bored.

Unless I missed something big which will increase my income tremendously so I can maybe unleash some more creativity and a tactic to increase my population even more (feels like 100-150k is the max) I probably will be shelving this game among my other 6-12 hour gameplay games Ive stored over time.

I think i read somewhere people can reach 250k pop. which of curso does not remotely look like so many on a 10 x 10 block radius you got to work with, this should be called Simvillage lol, far faaaaaar away of what a city would look.
#4ashphoenix77Posted 3/7/2013 4:13:11 PM
SIMNeighborhood.
---
Xbox 360 :Avendosorra / PSN: augustheat77
35 - Idol-- Account Created Monday, April 4, 2005 6:24 PM
#5ashphoenix77Posted 3/7/2013 4:14:06 PM
Fettklomp posted...

After you get to this point log into steam and load up simcity 4
---
#6Pure_LionHeartPosted 3/7/2013 4:16:16 PM

I thought the point of the game was to, ya know, make and manage cities?
If you don't enjoy doing that, I don't imagine this was the game for you.

Rewards and incentives shouldn't be the driving force here; enjoyment should be.
---
Gentlemen, welcome to Dubai.
#7darkace77450Posted 3/7/2013 4:19:24 PM
mcxar2000 posted...
I think i read somewhere people can reach 250k pop. which of curso does not remotely look like so many on a 10 x 10 block radius you got to work with, this should be called Simvillage lol, far faaaaaar away of what a city would look.

I **** you not, my neighborhood, one of many in the suburb in which I live, covers more square mileage than what's allowed in this game. And I **** you not, the population of the suburb in which I live is greater than the population cap in this game (if the cap is indeed 250k people).

Anyone who thinks this game isn't closer to Farmville than to past SimCities is delusional.
#8ashphoenix77Posted 3/7/2013 4:19:53 PM
Pure_LionHeart posted...

Rewards and incentives shouldn't be the driving force here; enjoyment should be.

well i play simcity 4 and getting to the END of a sector is pretty hard to do and takes alot longer than this person has played his little neighborhood.
---
#9Lord_VaderPosted 3/7/2013 4:20:22 PM
darkace77450 posted...
mcxar2000 posted...

I **** you not, my neighborhood, one of many in the suburb in which I live, covers more square mileage than what's allowed in this game. And I **** you not, the population of the suburb in which I live is greater than the population cap in this game (if the cap is indeed 250k people).

Anyone who thinks this game isn't closer to Farmville than to past SimCities is delusional.

Don't worry, just have your $10 ready when they release the "Bigger cities and regions" micro DLC.
---
Live long and prosper.
#10darkace77450Posted 3/7/2013 4:21:34 PM
Pure_LionHeart posted...

You misunderstand him. It's not that he doesn't enjoy making and managing cities, it's that the city building-process in this game is unrewarding. The very limited city size means he'll fill his cities to the brim in a very short time, and the shallow gameplay means he'll not enjoy the process of doing so.