Wooooooooow!!!

#1bmx_parkriderPosted 3/7/2013 5:29:10 PM
I finally just got into a game that forced me to do a tuturial, mid way(I think), I have to visit another cd only for a message to pop up and say unable to find server please try again later!

WTF?!

How discouraging... I hope something happens soon.
---
GT: xThrasher610x I miss the very first Medal of Honor on the ps1. It was utterly fantastic.
http://bf3stats.com/stats_360/xthrasher610x
#2KingOfAsiaPosted 3/7/2013 5:30:43 PM
bmx_parkrider posted...
I finally just got into a game that forced me to do a tuturial, mid way(I think), I have to visit another cd only for a message to pop up and say unable to find server please try again later!

WTF?!

you can thank pirates for this. this is the future of gaming.
---
Nikasaur is my future wife after I finish civil engineering at college
#3chrono625Posted 3/7/2013 5:33:43 PM
KingOfAsia posted...
bmx_parkrider posted...

WTF?!

Wat...pirates are the scapegoats they are using to justify this always online nonsense. No matter what kind of security or DRM they use pirates will ALWAYS find a way to play a game. Doing stuff like this is only inviting them to do something about it.

Companies like CD Projekt realize fighting piracy is a losing battle. That if they do things to hurt honest customers and fans it will only hurt their image. So they do what a good developer would do. Make a quality product and not try to nickle and dime people.

If you really think always online was created to circumvent piracy I have a bridge to sell you.
---
http://tinyurl.com/7wjgorf - Super Bowl XLVI Champions - NY Giants
Eli Manning SB tracker: 2/2 Superbowls 2/2 SBMVP's
#4LinkofHyrule991Posted 3/7/2013 5:33:53 PM
KingOfAsia posted...
bmx_parkrider posted...

WTF?!

DRM doesn't even affect pirates, they just crack it and never have to deal with it while paying costumers are continually burdened by it.
---
It's over, you've lost the game. -Near
I don't remember Redd White changing his name to Bandit Keith. Not even in America.-Aceburner
#5Lord_VaderPosted 3/7/2013 5:37:18 PM(edited)
KingOfAsia posted...
bmx_parkrider posted...

WTF?!

Actually always online DRM doesn't protect against piracy but EA likes to think it does. If anything DRM encourages more piracy (there are private and pirated Diablo 3 and WoW servers). Ubisoft has already stopped putting always online DRM in their games because of all the problems it causes. It doesn't stop piracy and only leads to massive headaches for legitimate customers: http://news.softpedia.com/news/DRM-Doesn-t-Stop-Piracy-Game-Content-Does-Good-Old-Games-Believes-237641.shtml

“DRM doesn't stop theft of games, let's make that clear,” Longino told Destructoid. “It's a false argument to say it does. Every game that came out this year -- every single one regardless of the kind of DRM on it -- was pirated. Frequently before the game was even for sale on retail shelves but within 48 hours after launch, either way. There's a whole industry devoted to selling DRM solutions to publishers and developers, and no one seems to be clued into the fact that it doesn't stop piracy.”

The GOG executive believes, and backs up his thoughts with several surveys, that gamers just want easy and quick access to a complete game, and are more than willing to pay for such a feature if it’s available to them.

“If DRM doesn't stop theft, what does? Well, according to surveys, the value of the game offer. Almost 50% of the users surveyed stated that one of the main reasons why they pirated games was the lack of perceived value of the package. Either they wanted the game for less money or they wanted more bonus content in the package. That should sound familiar, given that it's GOG.com's business model.”

The only way to stop piracy is to produce good games that have a good user support and interface like Steam. Piracy will never be completely eliminated. In fact, most people who pirate games wouldn't have even bought game in the first place. If people like a game enough they will gladly pay cash money for it. They could have easily put in an offline single player mode so this wouldn't have happened but EA has severely screwed themselves over on this one.
---
Live long and prosper.
#6DraconisRexPosted 3/7/2013 5:35:42 PM
KingOfAsia posted...
bmx_parkrider posted...

WTF?!

Pirates didn't do this, lousy programmers and cheap-EA who failed to invest in a proper level of server infrastructure did this.

And, for the record, online only DRM doesn't work stop hackers. Ubisoft found out the hard way -- not only did it not stop AC2 and their other online-DRM from being hacked, but it hurt sales because many of us won't buy or play 'always online' DRM games because they're such a complete hassle.
---
Ding-Dong! The Witch Is Dead
#7JaredC1Posted 3/7/2013 5:39:38 PM
What a freakin bummer. Just downloaded it and cant even play it because the dang servers are down. LOL. Oh man...Im getting a headache.
#8cyanide_suicidePosted 3/7/2013 5:44:18 PM
KingOfAsia posted...
bmx_parkrider posted...

WTF?!

Ea has only themselves to thank for people pirating their games. Nobody actually wants to support EA nowadays after the years and years of **** they've done.
#9darkace77450Posted 3/7/2013 5:50:22 PM
chrono625 posted...
Wat...pirates are the scapegoats they are using to justify this always online nonsense.

Leave it to EA to make pirates and hackers...thieves...look like the good guys.
#10cztohPosted 3/7/2013 5:51:12 PM
I actually bought quite a number of games in the past until they started with all the DRM crap

Starforce was a start, then came 'online DRM' which required you to be always connected and any disconnects could result in a loss of progress in your game (even Single Player Campaigns)

Ubisoft bombed with Heroes VI, launch so did Blizzard with D3 launch. DIdn't know EA is THAT stupid to follow suit without taking precautions

Leave the'always online' stuff to the real MMO developers please