Wooooooooow!!!

#11darkace77450Posted 3/7/2013 5:53:09 PM
cztoh posted...
Ubisoft bombed with Heroes VI, launch so did Blizzard with D3 launch. DIdn't know EA is THAT stupid to follow suit without taking precautions

As pathetic as it is, EA may have even one-upped them.
#12chrono625Posted 3/7/2013 5:56:20 PM
darkace77450 posted...
chrono625 posted...
Wat...pirates are the scapegoats they are using to justify this always online nonsense.

Leave it to EA to make pirates and hackers...thieves...look like the good guys.

I wouldn't call them good...or bad...But EA definitely isn't earning browny points with this release and online DRM.
---
http://tinyurl.com/7wjgorf - Super Bowl XLVI Champions - NY Giants
Eli Manning SB tracker: 2/2 Superbowls 2/2 SBMVP's
#13SenatorLifestonPosted 3/7/2013 6:01:07 PM
darkace77450 posted...
chrono625 posted...
Wat...pirates are the scapegoats they are using to justify this always online nonsense.

Leave it to EA to make pirates and hackers...thieves...look like the good guys.

I don't see how this makes pirates, hackers, or thieves look like the good guys. They look like a group of people who feel they're entitled to things for free just because they don't wish to pay for it. I'm not saying large corporations are perfect (clearly, they are not), but if they've invested time and money into something there's no justification to steal it immediately.
#14darkace77450Posted 3/7/2013 6:09:53 PM
SenatorLifeston posted...
I don't see how this makes pirates, hackers, or thieves look like the good guys.

One is an anonymous group of ass-hats, and one is corporation of ass-hats. One steals games, the other shuts down once-respected game developers. The lesser of two evils can often be mistaken for good. They're not, but EA sure makes it easy to root for them.
#15SenatorLifestonPosted 3/7/2013 6:18:38 PM
bmx_parkrider posted...
I finally just got into a game that forced me to do a tuturial, mid way(I think), I have to visit another cd only for a message to pop up and say unable to find server please try again later!

WTF?!

How discouraging... I hope something happens soon.

For the record, that's really the end of the tutorial. You visit the other city, look around, and witness a meteor storm. Once you return to your city your helper basically kicks you out and tells you that you're a big boy now and can manage a city on your own... just not this one, haha.