Anyway to make money - my town always goes bankrupt

#1mlecrenPosted 3/7/2013 9:32:45 PM
I don't play online and I also don't really like to do sandbox mode, however, my town always goes bankrupt so quickly.

I haven't really played Sim City since I had it on the SNES and Sim City 2000.

Can anyway suggest some ways to get my towns to make money - just do normal zones, add power, water, a few parks, town hall - that is really as far as I get.

Thanks!
#2Master_LokiPosted 3/7/2013 9:58:15 PM
Watch this video I made for some tips on how to make money. Use specialty's early on, such as the trade depot for lots of cash.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pKufdBugOV4
#3_MikLe_Posted 3/7/2013 10:09:58 PM
If you can, try to unlock EA's building.
If you use EA properly, you will be able to line your solid gold streets with diamond at the cost of a few million unhappy citizens.
#4DrFeelgood1984Posted 3/7/2013 10:41:22 PM
_MikLe_ posted...
If you can, try to unlock EA's building.
If you use EA properly, you will be able to line your solid gold streets with diamond at the cost of a few million unhappy citizens.

LOL
#5Four SkullsPosted 3/7/2013 10:41:47 PM
What I did was start with Medium-density roads, in a grid pattern. With Residential on one side of the map, and Industry as away from that as I could get it. Sprinkle Commerical wherever, preferably between R and I. Save your money and buy the things your people demand and you should stay above water. When I quit out Tuesday I was making 5000 an hour after a couple hours of play, but then I got the stupid idea of making my city all R and C and having another city for I. That doesn't work out so well, and it dropped me to 3000/hour too.