Radiation from meltdown?

#1iruleyou3Posted 3/8/2013 8:14:44 AM
I had a nuclear meltdown. How long does it take for this to clear up or is there a way to fix the area with where it happened. I would hate to start a new game.
#2LesserAngelPosted 3/8/2013 8:21:33 AM
Well, if it's anything like the previous games, no, it never leaves. I can't find anything about THIS title's method of handling radiation though.
#3iruleyou3(Topic Creator)Posted 3/8/2013 8:29:09 AM
That's what I was afraid of.
#4GeomagnusPosted 3/8/2013 9:34:20 AM
From what I am told, the radiation dissipates over time. However, I am not entirely sure, as the servers have been keeping me from getting that far.
#5Eclypse9810Posted 3/8/2013 9:39:36 AM
From the comments from the developers playing during the "letsallbymayor" events, it takes a really long time for it to dissipate, and then it only transforms into heavy ground pollution rather then just going away.
---
Have you had the dream again? A black goat with seven eyes that watches from the outside.
#6KejeLLPosted 3/8/2013 11:41:40 AM
Well the half-life of Uranium is 4.47 billion years so it might be a while :)
---
http://totalrevue.com/
#7Pure_LionHeartPosted 3/8/2013 11:47:21 AM
Well the half-life of Uranium is 4.47 billion years so it might be a while :)

Cheetah speed might not cut it...
---
This is Captain Martin Walker. Requesting immediate evacuation from Dubai. Survivors... one too many.
#8DeadlyInsanePosted 3/8/2013 11:51:21 AM
Better to start a new city if you don't want radiation. Also, if you don't want meltdowns to happen, read the nuclear power plant's description, it says it needs skilled workers to operate safely. Better to use non- nuclear power until you get higher skilled workers. :)
#9iruleyou3(Topic Creator)Posted 3/8/2013 3:06:47 PM
The thing that happened was I had high skilled workers. I used the education map and there was virtually no unskilled labor however my plant still said not enough skilled workers. It was almost like a glitch. I couldn't figure it out. I had school bus stops everywhere and a college not over crowded. It was weird because for years it said safe and all of a sudden went to dangerous. My population was over 60k with good education levels.
#10VenomSnakePosted 3/8/2013 3:08:59 PM
Just think about Chernobyl. There was a whole city there and it's now completely deserted. In other words, just start a new game. ;-)
---
Eric (formerly er51 & er51 is back)
GameFAQs. It's like an RPG with levels and trolls and everything. - Aquatakat on DOS/Windows General