Real Talk: The reason EA has tons of DRM in games is because you people PIRATE

#181Deus MacLeodPosted 3/8/2013 7:35:25 PM
What do you mean "YOU PEOPLE"!?
---
doos
words.
#182guiltyslayerPosted 3/8/2013 7:36:44 PM
Dragon Nexus posted...
DRM does not prevent pirates from pirating.
All DRM does it harm the legitimate consumer.

Pretty much this yeah. DRM doesn't curb piracy, it just encourages more piracy.
#183king_maddenPosted 3/8/2013 7:38:21 PM
i like when people say "this product was pirated more than it would have been because of this". thats all BS, all games are pirated a lot. I will say games with DRM are harder to pirate and usually arent pirated as much. still pirated but not as much as games who are "consumer friendly".
#184Kant_Remoob_EhtPosted 3/8/2013 7:39:40 PM
king_madden posted...
i like when people say "this product was pirated more than it would have been because of this". thats all BS, all games are pirated a lot. I will say games with DRM are harder to pirate and usually arent pirated as much. still pirated but not as much as games who are "consumer friendly".

All it takes is one person to pirate it using a torrent, and next thing you know it will be off like wildfire, whether or not the game has DRM.
---
GT: Boomer and Tank
Pretty darn confident..... I don't want to have to wait till the Microendony XBOXS 4ii comes out another 15 years later....
#185MINION9009Posted 3/8/2013 7:41:17 PM
Real Talk : So punish people for all eternity for the sins of the past?

I hope no one did anything bad in your family tree tc because you should be paying for that now along with any of your off spring if you believe what your preaching.
---
MINION9000 : GT AND PSN
#186fireblade1994_9Posted 3/8/2013 7:46:05 PM
DRM isn't there to stop pirating, seeing as pirates are equally as smart as the people who try and stop them. Its there so companies can say to there stakeholders/shareholders that there actively combating piracy
#187TheWayOfTheGunPosted 3/8/2013 7:47:24 PM
I can understand the DRM but why do we have to play on their servers?

Even if we had to link up out serial key everytime we played that would be fine because it wouldn't depend on their ****** servers and they would only need one or two servers worldwide to handle that simple task.
#188fireblade1994_9Posted 3/8/2013 7:49:18 PM
king_madden posted...

Yep cause things like Spore and RA3 wouldn't have become the most pirated things in the year they were released(behind COD) had it not been for TAGES
#189Kant_Remoob_EhtPosted 3/8/2013 7:49:49 PM
TheWayOfTheGun posted...
I can understand the DRM but why do we have to play on their servers?

Even if we had to link up out serial key everytime we played that would be fine because it wouldn't depend on their ****** servers and they would only need one or two servers worldwide to handle that simple task.

Semi-dedicated servers for a singleplayer game? I honestly don't know.
---
GT: Boomer and Tank
Pretty darn confident..... I don't want to have to wait till the Microendony XBOXS 4ii comes out another 15 years later....
#190MadvillainryPosted 3/8/2013 7:59:45 PM
DRM does not stop piracy. People lead to it one way or another. There is no issue when it comes to piracy.

DRM only adds other problems as a result from companies like EA who put profit ahead of gamers and their passion to what they love doing. They get away with selling otherwise a BROKEN game to those who support the company and its creators.

Believe me, they are getting away with what is happening. Nothing is going to be done about this inexcusable madness when it comes to see from it and when it comes to take time to devote a little positive attention to those who actually buy a game. Their money will still be made (Piracy or No-Piracy) and the lesson at hand will be passed unlearned and make this topic null, again.

The 'Real Talk' should be about, 'How long will we let them keep doing this? When will it be enough to where we actually see that what happened is a mistake and hold them to learn from it?
---
"None of my friends who have the game on PS3 have complained about lag...the only place where i hear this stuff is gamefaqs" - Keranu_sama_san