want my simcity fix but not from this mess, will simcity 4 work on win7?

#1myzz7Posted 3/13/2013 1:44:51 PM(edited)
gonna snag the deluxe edition off steam and those boards are dead. so im asking here before i buy
---
http://s10.postimage.org/mxioonsd1/gildavatar.gif
Gilda doesn't give a flying feather about what you think!
#2meiyukiPosted 3/13/2013 1:46:35 PM
Yeah I have steam version and it works on win 7. Mods work too, though I think some of the required tools for the mods are missing now, but I didn't honestly look that hard for them.
#3KHWyvernPosted 3/13/2013 1:56:49 PM
meiyuki posted...
Yeah I have steam version and it works on win 7. Mods work too, though I think some of the required tools for the mods are missing now, but I didn't honestly look that hard for them.

Hope that fan site, Simopolis or whatever it's called has the deal to fix the AI, and use the factories properly since I want to get SC 4.
---
You come out here with your bright ass purple shirt, your green shirt, before that your orange shirt, You look like A BIG FAT BOWL OF FRUITY PEBBLES!- The Rock
#4TreasureHunterGPosted 3/13/2013 2:05:28 PM
Works very well on Windows 7 through Steam, I just had to use the "Set Launch Options" tab to make a few performance adjustments like custom resolution, skipping intro and forcing 1 core only (the game is not optimized for multi-core CPUs). In game, I set graphics to software mode, and turn shadows off. After that the game is running very smoothly.
---
T.H.G.
#5xJehodxPosted 3/13/2013 2:33:27 PM
Yes it will, have fun!
---
"Sa souvraya niende misain ye."
PSN - Habbalah
#6PsythikPosted 3/13/2013 2:44:54 PM(edited)
It'll crash unless you add these to the target:

-EH:off -CPUCount:2 -d:Software

Also, SC5 isn't that bad if you just pretend its an MMO. I'm actually having a lot of fun building up a region with friends.
---
http://i597.photobucket.com/albums/tt56/S26DG44B/PsythikViolet_Blooded.jpg
#7StarryKnightsPosted 3/13/2013 3:29:09 PM(edited)
And to explain what Psythik mentioned...

EH: Error Handling. According to some, it helps prevent crashes. I don't know if it does or not. It won't hurt, however.

CPUCount: Should be 1. SC4 is a game that only uses 1 core of a processor with multiple cores, and it tends to become very unstable if it isn't forced to use only 1 core.

d:software: This sets the game to use a software renderer, which disables graphical effects. Only use if you simply can't get the game stable with the above trick.
---
"If you're going to be a mod, you should work harder to get rid of your humanity. It's creepy." ~ Monker to The Paragon
#8Kenji MurasamePosted 3/13/2013 3:38:15 PM
In launch options add : "-CustomResolution:enabled -r1920x1080x32" if you want widescreen, or whatever resolution your monitor is.
#9thebeaslePosted 3/13/2013 3:52:22 PM
hell yeah it works on Windows 7
#10themerchant8Posted 3/13/2013 6:28:28 PM
Works fine on Win 7 for me, only tweak that I needed was the high rez tweak. Game hasn't crashed yet.

Simtropolis has pretty much every mod you could ever want.

Heads up: There are lots of mods out there that multiply the number of jobs created by all industries and commercial services, but some of them already include a fix for some places missing jobs. If you're going to use a multiplier mod, you probably wont need the fix seperately.
---
http://whc.unesco.org/en/list/666
Lumbini, the Birthplace of the Lord Buddha
. Mind=blown.