SimCity Review - IGN 7.0

#11McJephPosted 3/13/2013 7:37:28 PM
xLexLuth0rx posted...
http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/03/13/simcity-review

Let the 'You can't spell ignorant without IGN' begin...

I know. They rated it too high. Ignorant jerks.
#12YMIHerePosted 3/13/2013 8:17:33 PM
Early versions of Minecraft only cost $10.
#13Kitchen SinkPosted 3/14/2013 10:02:03 AM
The best part about the review is that he factored in the bugs and server issues. Where were these arguements in the Diablo 3 review where it was MUCH worse lol

Activision must have paid IGN alot more
---
Flanders - I think we hit something
Homer - I hope it was Flanders
#14DraconisRexPosted 3/14/2013 10:31:46 AM
TreasureHunterG posted...
Verdict: Play theses games instead:

SimCity 4
Tropico 4
Cities XL

I"m playing Tropico 4. I'm having a blast. Thing is, being burnt-out on the genre years ago, if it weren't for the promise of the new SimCity I'd have never looked at it....

So, EA did me one favor. It got me re-interested in God Games and then screwed up so bad I had to look around for an alternative. One I just wouldn't have otherwise considered.

So just call me El Presidente!

:)
---
Ding-Dong! The Witch Is Dead
#15NeoZeonPosted 3/14/2013 2:44:11 PM
Yeah, they didn't pay up. :P
---
I Live To Serve My King God.
#16Kabuto_YPosted 3/14/2013 3:10:30 PM
Kitchen Sink posted...
The best part about the review is that he factored in the bugs and server issues. Where were these arguements in the Diablo 3 review where it was MUCH worse lol

Activision must have paid IGN alot more

Except they weren't worse in D3. Getting into the servers was no longer an issue 24 hours after release. Lag and bugs were ironed out within 3-4 days. A week after release, SimCity was STILL having issues with people being able to even get into the game itself, and the bugs are still persistent now. Blizzard also knew the launch would be bad, and posted an article to help mitigate as many problems as possible before launch, including possible error codes and what they meant. Blizzard did not once do anything that needed an apology beyond the actual launch night, nor did they at any point try to treat their fans as people who have used up their usefulness now that they've paid for the product.

At the end of the day, all of the problems with D3 beyond the first week come from it's longevity, which is alright, but nothing compared to D2. SimCity has worlds of problems beyond that, none of which has any sort of schedule of being fixed.