ok... what the heck? >.>

#1chobit_A5HL3YPosted 3/13/2013 5:32:40 PM
all my cities end up the same way...

i start off well, using the square grid system, but then as i progress it says i need to expand both industrial and residential(the blue is never an issue for some reason) but there's never any room. not only that, but my streets ALWAYS end up crowded and traffic jammed despite having the 6 lanes with streetcar rails(i even have streetcars operational). i have no idea what i'm dong wrong but there are sooooo many criminals all the time lolz i had a precinct AND a smaller police station AND maxis man patrolling and STILL people were protesting too much crime. i upgraded to get all the cars and jails and still nothing... i have no idea what's going on anymore. i've started over so many times just 'cause it turns to crap 100% of the time. can anyone tell me how to keep a city profitable? thanks!
#2chobit_A5HL3Y(Topic Creator)Posted 3/13/2013 5:50:49 PM
also, my city is only around 50k in population, so not very big...
#3squidney2k1Posted 3/13/2013 6:01:06 PM
You don't necessarily need to expand zones...you need to increase density. For residents, you need to increase wealth and density (parks, parks, parks....raise that land value!). For industrial zones, you need to increase trade (freight wins. But this is much harder without Depots or other cooperative cities).
---
\m/ (O_o) \m/ Alan Wake deserves a full sequel. Xenosaga Deserves a full sequel. Dark Cloud deserves a full sequel.
#4chobit_A5HL3Y(Topic Creator)Posted 3/19/2013 9:47:47 PM
ohhhh, so i have to build more parks?
#5spankytheslothPosted 3/19/2013 9:56:08 PM
chobit_A5HL3Y posted...
ohhhh, so i have to build more parks?

No, you need to satisfy the needs of residents, zoning commercial for shopping being one of them. Either way you're still kept from growing by bugs with emergency vehicles and industry demand.
---
Brushes with death are like snowflakes; each one is unique, and if you have enough of them you can make a snowman.
#6NoncasusPosted 3/19/2013 10:17:56 PM(edited)
you need to increase mass transit like bus terminal and bus shuttles. That way you don't have as many cars on the road at once.
---
http://www.backtolist.com
#7spankytheslothPosted 3/19/2013 10:56:03 PM(edited)
Noncasus posted...
you need to increase mass transit like bus terminal and bus shuttles. That way you don't have as many cars on the road at once.

Mass transit can help, but some people have been able to get 400k pop without any. You have to increase the density though by satisfying needs like shopping, police, fire, reasonable taxes. Eventually the buildings will get bigger so more people will live in them. Parks will increase the wealth level of people living there which will demand medium and high wealth shopping. I do think that parks help increase density also by satisfying them.
---
Brushes with death are like snowflakes; each one is unique, and if you have enough of them you can make a snowman.