Simcity can now be run offline, neat

#21emidasPosted 3/14/2013 9:28:34 AM
Dear EA/Maxis:

If you make SimCity playable offline, I swear I will take back all of the mean things I ever said until you undoubtedly screw up next time.

Thanks
Every Gamer

---
i5-2500k @ 4.6Ghz | Gigabyte GTX 670 2GB | Crucial M4 120GB | 16GB DDR3 Corsair Vengance LP | CM HAF 932
http://speedtest.net/result/1904795009.png
#22MajorZeroPosted 3/14/2013 9:49:38 AM
clowning posted...
The ignorance on this board is astounding. It was MAXIS that made this game online only. They said the game could only work online through their servers because of how they built the game. It was their decision, they said so themselves. Don't blame EA for Maxis' choices.

You tin foil hat brigade types are just absurd.

AHAHA really man, EA owns maxis and mandates what they want a company to focus on, that's why you get your dlc endings in some ea games, monetized content, drm content and origin specfic content in these games...
#23doraemonllh1989Posted 3/14/2013 10:02:03 AM
LMAO!!!!!

so basically piracy>buy original?

ROFL
---
I like good games
#24ChronQPosted 3/14/2013 10:07:02 AM
That is so awesome, now u can play this game, that is made to have multiple cities within a region working together, to work offline and build a single city! Without saving, loading or regional features (like we would need that right?)! That's amazing right! Now people will absolutely play it! For Hours!

sc4 not an option all of the sudden?
#25DraconisRexPosted 3/14/2013 10:50:22 AM
clowning posted...
The ignorance on this board is astounding. It was MAXIS that made this game online only. They said the game could only work online through their servers because of how they built the game. It was their decision, they said so themselves. Don't blame EA for Maxis' choices.

You tin foil hat brigade types are just absurd.

Yes, the IGNORANCE is amazing. EA is Maxis. It's not a 'seperate' company. It's just an operating division:

EA completed its acquisition of Maxis on July 28, 1997.

Just like EA is BioWare. Just like EA is Westwood. Just like EA is Origin. Just EA is every company they bought and absorbed.

You're over 15-years out-of-the-loop.
---
Ding-Dong! The Witch Is Dead
#26DraconisRexPosted 3/14/2013 10:52:19 AM
gammakefka posted...
Dear EA/Maxis:

If you make SimCity playable offline, I swear I will take back all of the mean things I ever said until you undoubtedly screw up next time.

Thanks
Every Gamer

lol. But only for this game. I've had too many beloved franchises destroyed by EA.
---
#27DraconisRexPosted 3/14/2013 10:54:02 AM
ChronQ posted...
That is so awesome, now u can play this game, that is made to have multiple cities within a region working together, to work offline and build a single city! Without saving, loading or regional features (like we would need that right?)! That's amazing right! Now people will absolutely play it! For Hours!

You mean like SimCity 4?

It is an option. I'd burned out on the SimCity franchise years ago. But now I"m ready to play again and SimCity 4 is looking like the best option. AND it's $30 cheaper!!!
---
#28Felicia_catladyPosted 3/14/2013 10:55:11 AM
ChronQ posted...

This hack was just the first step at cracking the game, man. Not only he proved that the game is NOT mostly server-side (like DIablo 3 and WoW), but also that it'll be soon possible to play offline without even needing a server emulator.

Heck, remember how the first time they hacked Half Life 2, the hack was actually very incomplete, and froze every time the game tried to execute a script? Soon (like, a couple of weeks later) a perfect version was around the net.
---
Marcy.
:3
#29DruidMettoolPosted 3/14/2013 11:09:18 AM
I always found it fascinating how many millions of dollars companies pour into anti-piracy, only to have their games modded and cracked within a week's time.

It's like literally shoveling money into a fire.
#30KHWyvernPosted 3/14/2013 11:12:40 AM
DruidMettool posted...
I always found it fascinating how many millions of dollars companies pour into anti-piracy, only to have their games modded and cracked within a week's time.

It's like literally shoveling money into a fire.

No kidding. You think they'd learn, but apparently not.
---
You come out here with your bright ass purple shirt, your green shirt, before that your orange shirt, You look like A BIG FAT BOWL OF FRUITY PEBBLES!- The Rock