Best classic SimCity game?

#1dciguy01Posted 3/15/2013 5:54:29 PM
I've just recently started playing SimCity "for real." I played it on the school computers way back in elementary school, but I had no clue what I was doing and just wanted to destroy everything via the disasters. But now I have a genuine interest and wanted to ask you guys...

Which of the classic SimCity games do you find best, as in most engaging, things to do, etc? I'm mainly looking at playing either SimCity 2, 3, and 4.
---
PSN: DCIguy01
#2GastroidPosted 3/15/2013 5:56:55 PM
Traditionally there's been a schism between 3000 and 4 fans, but in general you'll find more fans of SimCity 4 due to its extensive modding community that over the past decade has completely retooled the game into an incredibly realistic simulation.
---
Nanoid
The Lesser Destroid
#3jago107Posted 3/15/2013 5:59:29 PM
Gastroid posted...
Traditionally there's been a schism between 3000 and 4 fans, but in general you'll find more fans of SimCity 4 due to its extensive modding community that over the past decade has completely retooled the game into an incredibly realistic simulation.

Really? Please, tell me more.
---
XBL & PSN - NightRider107
"And as the smile pulled up on his face, a tear ran down his cheek ."
#4jaijasty2Posted 3/15/2013 6:20:06 PM
jago107 posted...
Gastroid posted...

Really? Please, tell me more.

Basically, SC4 has so much support, it is still better than the current simcity. Bigger maps, more interactions, cheaper, etc. The only downside is there isn't a SimCity world, Full 3D, and building customization. But there is a mod for customization but forgot what it was.
---
Youtube Channel at youtube.com/user/jaijasty Gamefaqs jaijasty2 ,Chatango: Jaijasty2,Facebook Jai Jasty,Youtube Jai Jasty See ya MATT
#5belgarePosted 3/15/2013 10:09:41 PM
http://www.simtropolis.com/ is the place for mods for SimCity 4.