Sim City 1080P Electronics Tutorial video series

#1metroid888Posted 3/15/2013 11:47:31 PM
Hey everybody I'm DinosGG, I've been working on a multipart series on how to build a successful electronics city! There are a lot of videos out there that crop out the good stuff, fast forward, or just jump right to the very end. My tutorial walks you through each and every step of the way from when to place your hospitals, schools, factories, and more!. And not only when you should place them, but I also go through my thought process on where you should put them and why! My series on electronics will probably end up running for 6, maybe even 7 parts as there is a lot of material to cover. After electronics I will be doing videos on how to build each individual specilization sucessfully, and more individualized videos upon request! All my videos will always be in 1080P, so without further waiting, watch and enjoy!

Part 1: www.youtube.com/watch?v=YK2mhJO6XQc

Part 2: www.youtube.com/watch?v=gZxpkvB_vVU

These two parts walk you through the basics of laying down the foundation to get your electronics empire up andrunning. This ends at around the 40k population mark with more videos to follow in the coming days! To stay up todate if you found these videos helpful, don't forget to subscribe to my youtube channel over at youtube.com/DinosGG and I'm also streaming live in 1080P over at twitch.tv/DinosGG if you want to follow me there. All my streams and videos will always be in 1080P so you get the full Sim City experience.

Anyway let me know what you thought, what you liked, what you would like to see next, and thanks for watching!

-DinosGG
youtube.com/DinosGG
twitch.tv/DinosGG
---
Sim City in 1080P! Check out my videos and tutorials over at my Youtube account, youtube.com/DinosGG or follow me live over at twitch.tv/DinosGG
#2loupargentPosted 3/16/2013 10:57:20 AM
Awesome videos. Definitely subscribing.
---
"You're like a major power not getting the H-Bomb because it's only fair if you fight with muskets." - Greatherthan3, Demon's Souls
#3metroid888(Topic Creator)Posted 3/16/2013 1:12:24 PM
Part 3 is all finished!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rsnlg-o4C7I

A lot of interesting stuff happens in this one, I get my trade infrastructure all set up, we're up to about 70K population now. oh and GODZILLA! Yeah I should probably turn off disasters for when I do my next series of videos on a gambling/tourism town. But that would suck all the fun out of it! And of course it's always in full 1080P for your full enjoyment.

Oh my gosh my cat was being so loud during this video!

Don't forget if you had fun or learned something from these videos and would like to see more to subscribe over at youtube.com/DinosGG and you can also check out my stream twitch.tv/DinosGG for some live 1080P gameplay!

Thanks again for watching any comments, questions, or thoughts go ahead and hit me up. Enjoy!
---
Sim City and Dota 2 in 1080P! Check out my videos and tutorials over at my Youtube account, youtube.com/DinosGG or follow me live over at twitch.tv/DinosGG
#4ThirdDegreePosted 3/16/2013 1:42:01 PM
I kind of went a different route for my electronics city. I started as an Oil city then I slowly converted it to an electronics city as my oil supply dropped. I still have a refinery making plastic. I should probably get rid of that and just import plastic and use my recycling center. I'm also trying to send resources to my international airport. If found the trading aspect of this game works the best.
---
gamertag: HndrdDollarBaby
PSN: HundrdDollarBaby
#5metroid888(Topic Creator)Posted 3/16/2013 1:57:38 PM
Yeah the advisers are always telling me to make a refinery but I've never actually tried it. Might be something I'll try out in another series
---
Sim City and Dota 2 in 1080P! Check out my videos and tutorials over at my Youtube account, youtube.com/DinosGG or follow me live over at twitch.tv/DinosGG
#6ThirdDegreePosted 3/16/2013 3:39:05 PM
I bulldozed the refinery since it was dumb to import oil to make plastic when I can just import plastic. I also got rid of my processor factories so I don't have to worry about alloy anymore and am importing them. Now I have 4 TV factories going but I find a lot of the resources are getting backed up through importing and exporting with trucks since the traffic into the city is so bad. I have a couple train ports importing and exporting the electronics stuff now, however that's not even going fast enough for the rate I'm making TVs so I still have a couple trade depots going. It's frustrating when I have the resources in the trade port or depot but none in the factories because all the trucks are being used to ship stuff to my international airport. At least I think that's what they are being used for. I think I'm just trying to do too much and when the airport is done my city is going to have TVs coming out the @$$.
---
gamertag: HndrdDollarBaby
PSN: HundrdDollarBaby
#7metroid888(Topic Creator)Posted 3/16/2013 8:34:54 PM
Yeah right now the trucks sending resources to the great works project are a little buggy, I've had alloy trucks gone from my city for as long as 3 hours in REAL time because they were trying to deliver to the great works. What I did to help out with the problem is get your budget way way up first like 15 million so that you can sustain yourself for a long time, then turn off your exports and send your resources over to the great works. Trying to do both at once was a nightmare for me at least.

When your money starts dipping down turn off resource sharing to the great works project and start exporting again to make your money.
---
#8Konfuzion0Posted 3/16/2013 9:17:21 PM
One of the best tutorials I have seen for Simcity. Good job thanks!
#9metroid888(Topic Creator)Posted 3/16/2013 10:17:52 PM
I have the link for part 4!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fGEVffW78XU

Part 4 is probably the slowest of the videos, because of the way Sim City handles building upgrades for your specialization, you have to do a certain amount of sales within the single day, and because of that you're somewhat forced to store up product to have enough to meet the demand. A lot of video 4 is spent gathering these resources.

BUT! While I'm waiting for these to tick over I am doing some useful and needed modifications to my city, I have to make sure my city is completely geared up to handle all the traffic that might happen especially traffic that might affect my trade industry! I do some neat little tricks with roadways (by neat I mean the bulldozer) to ensure cars are driving in straight lines as long as possible without having to hit the breaks for an intersection.

If you've enjoyed these videos so far don't forget to subscribe over at youtube.com/DinosGG and you can also follow my stream over at twitch.tv/DinosGG where I stream live in 1080P. Twitch is also where I do my video recording since I don't have the hard drive space for local recording, so you can sometimes get some early sneak peaks on the content I have coming next.

Thanks again for watching, any comments questions or suggestions feel free to hit me up! Enjoy!
---
#10spankytheslothPosted 3/16/2013 10:22:32 PM
ThirdDegree posted...
I bulldozed the refinery since it was dumb to import oil to make plastic when I can just import plastic. I also got rid of my processor factories so I don't have to worry about alloy anymore and am importing them. Now I have 4 TV factories going but I find a lot of the resources are getting backed up through importing and exporting with trucks since the traffic into the city is so bad. I have a couple train ports importing and exporting the electronics stuff now, however that's not even going fast enough for the rate I'm making TVs so I still have a couple trade depots going. It's frustrating when I have the resources in the trade port or depot but none in the factories because all the trucks are being used to ship stuff to my international airport. At least I think that's what they are being used for. I think I'm just trying to do too much and when the airport is done my city is going to have TVs coming out the @$$.

Except importing is bugged ATM. It's better to just build a recycling center and get all your alloy and plastic from there.
---
Brushes with death are like snowflakes; each one is unique, and if you have enough of them you can make a snowman.