wow..glad i still got my version of simcity 4 still and simcity societies..

#1Dimon101Posted 3/16/2013 7:30:45 AM
Wow..already 4 patches according to the video that "address" problems. This game sounds rushed. Not only that, but no offline version of the game??

http://www.gamespot.com/news/ea-simcity-offline-mode-didnt-fit-with-our-vision-6405424?

EA has done this trick before, to name a few games:

Create
Spore
DarkSpore
Lord of the Rings: Conquest

They discressionally already stopped online support of some of these and some are not even playable unless they are online. I don't like this trend of "only online to be able to play". Steam does the same thing with their game, having to have steam loaded up to play em or it won't work...

EA's been turning me off, even though im a big Sims fan. Lately though, even Prima left the sunking ship of the EA's Sims 3 franchise (they no longer make strategy guides, at least in book version).

Bleh....glad i did not buy this...this is why i wait to buy games..like fallout 3 like 4 years after it's release..let everyone else get bugged by the bugs while i wait for the price to go down..maybe ill get this when it hits 20 bucks.
---
"What's with the Hand-Nose thing?" ~ Wein Cruz talking about Hans from Growlanser Generations
#2_Yag_Posted 3/16/2013 7:34:50 AM
Dimon101 posted...
Wow..already 4 patches according to the video that "address" problems. This game sounds rushed. Not only that, but no offline version of the game??

http://www.gamespot.com/news/ea-simcity-offline-mode-didnt-fit-with-our-vision-6405424?

EA has done this trick before, to name a few games:

Create
Spore
DarkSpore
Lord of the Rings: Conquest

They discressionally already stopped online support of some of these and some are not even playable unless they are online. I don't like this trend of "only online to be able to play". Steam does the same thing with their game, having to have steam loaded up to play em or it won't work...

EA's been turning me off, even though im a big Sims fan. Lately though, even Prima left the sunking ship of the EA's Sims 3 franchise (they no longer make strategy guides, at least in book version).

Bleh....glad i did not buy this...this is why i wait to buy games..like fallout 3 like 4 years after it's release..let everyone else get bugged by the bugs while i wait for the price to go down..maybe ill get this when it hits 20 bucks.

lol
---
Archer: "ring ring.....hi planes? yeah, this is blimps.. you win"
Yagyujubei: 75 NIN/MNK/SAM/PLD/BLU Midgardsormr R.I.P
#3TheYurpmanPosted 3/16/2013 8:06:25 AM
Prima made the strategy guide for this Simcity game. And it's in book form.
---
BURRRR
#4DarkstaPosted 3/16/2013 8:19:08 AM
Wow, glad you made this topic to let us know how you felt.
---
I'm a Christian. I play Diablo 3 and one of my favorite video game characters is the Lich King from Warcraft. Deal with it.
#5Hand7774Posted 3/16/2013 8:45:18 AM
You actually start off complainign about how many patches this game has so far?

And yea those other games are not on the level of this one. Have fun with inferior products.
#6ThugstarPosted 3/16/2013 9:34:30 AM
Hand7774 posted...
You actually start off complainign about how many patches this game has so far?

And yea those other games are not on the level of this one. Have fun with inferior products.

Having offline mode is inferior? Having big cities is inferior? I guess you only look at the eye-candy. You gotta grab on something to defend your purchase.