Compared to Simcity 4?

#1ChaosSoldier1Posted 3/17/2013 1:23:36 AM
I heard terraforming and other stuff was gone, so how is it compared to the fourth game? Is it fun? Is it good? I'm planning to buy this.
---
Currently Playing:Ohgodwhy
#2AlbinoAnacondaPosted 3/17/2013 1:26:56 AM
I'd wait a while still. Now that the server issues are mostly fixed people are finding all sorts of bugs now that they can actually play the game.
#3darkace77450Posted 3/17/2013 2:03:48 AM
It's closer to Farmville than SimCity 4. I'm not exaggerating.
#4bratt100Posted 3/17/2013 2:13:28 AM
He definitely is exaggerating .
---
If you believe in the flying Spaghetti Monster and are 100% proud of it copy this to your sig.
#5coolo_xPosted 3/17/2013 2:31:58 AM
AlbinoAnaconda posted...
I'd wait a while still. Now that the server issues are mostly fixed people are finding all sorts of bugs now that they can actually play the game.

the server issues are still on going..... regional trading (which is part of server issues) is not fixed, the game speed is disabled (thanks to slow process of data transferring between your computers and the server) which is another server issue... it's NOT mostly fixed yet.. trust me
---
If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough
#6SoulTrapperPosted 3/17/2013 5:09:43 AM
4 is better in pretty much every aspect, at this point.

This feels like an unfinished product, so it might get better in the future, but it's bad right now.

It feels as if EA was going for a smartphone game audience yet again.
---
PSN: El_Coon
#7MysticB121Posted 3/17/2013 7:04:27 AM
The ONLY thing this game has going for it over 4 is the ability to swing the camera and look at any angle you want.

That's it.
---
Visual Studio 2008 has stopped responding! Would you like to open Visual Studio 2008 to debug?
#8Hand7774Posted 3/17/2013 7:29:25 AM
MysticB121 posted...
The ONLY thing this game has going for it over 4 is the ability to swing the camera and look at any angle you want.

That's it.

So the graphic art style, modules, not having to add pipes, better overall interface and UI. Just forgot about all those things right?

This game blows SimCity4 out of the water. Once you play this:

http://i.imgur.com/S6RgIXu.jpg

You won't go back.
#9MysticB121Posted 3/17/2013 7:40:33 AM(edited)
Hand7774 posted...
MysticB121 posted...

That's it.

So the graphic art style, modules, not having to add pipes, better overall interface and UI. Just forgot about all those things right?

You won't go back.

LOLOLOL. graphic style is cartoony, sims are just 2d sprites moving around aimlessly. Not THAT special.
Modules are not THAT great. (I'd rather have ordinances)
Interface and UI....just because its simplified and casual doesn't mean I EVER had a problem with 4.
Not having to have pipes... You're kidding right? That's why you think its better?

Also, nice pretty city, but it looks kinda small for a city. :tf:

I also have already gone back to SC4 after the last 2 weeks of disaster with this game.
---
Visual Studio 2008 has stopped responding! Would you like to open Visual Studio 2008 to debug?
#10alcoholadoPosted 3/17/2013 9:56:12 AM
Hand7774 posted...
MysticB121 posted...

That's it.

You won't go back.

You are an EAs employee.
---
GT: Coyoteman