So how come people still buy and play this game despite the horrible stuff?

#1FLegendOfZeldaUPosted 3/17/2013 6:42:40 AM
Stop doing it guys come on.
---
Sent from my iPad via PowerFAQs 1.10
#2zerodefectPosted 3/17/2013 7:08:39 AM
It's not that horrible.
---
i5 3570k@4.7GHz, Antec Kulher H2O 920, SLI EVGA GTX670's, GIGABYTE GA-Z77X-UD3H, 2x4GB Kingston HyperX Genesis, XFX Pro750W Core PSU
#3ColdNemesisPosted 3/17/2013 7:10:30 AM
because it's still super fun despise it's flaws.
#4oooooooo_toastyPosted 3/17/2013 7:19:38 AM
FLegendOfZeldaU posted...
Stop doing it guys come on.

How come you bought an Apple product despite the appalling conditions the factory workers are made to put up with?

Stop doing it guy, come on.
---
"wtf is a sephiroth" - scarecrowshand
'I've been on this board about one day and you're already pissing me off' - tranquilizerrr to Xeeh_Bitz
#5Hand7774Posted 3/17/2013 7:25:17 AM
Because it's a great game.

Majority of haters here don't even own the game.
#6GenTRPosted 3/17/2013 8:58:38 AM
Because it's casual and still fun if you overlook the glaring issues. And they will probably fix most of the those issues pretty quickly and I think that's what most are counting on.
#7DreadJesterPosted 3/17/2013 9:02:48 AM
Because people are generally stupid and buy into what "everyone else" thinks is cool.

Buying ths game is like buying a cup with a slow leak in it. It's a pain in the rear to use, it doesn't work like it should and makes you mad. But hey, all the other cool kids are using it so it must be cool huh??
---
3DS Friend Code: D Jester 3609-1862-5983
#8HardcoreFtwPosted 3/17/2013 9:09:31 AM
Because it the 2nd best game on pc board right now.... Starcraft HOTS got nothing on Simcity
---
drink Russian, drive German, wear Italian.
#9DreadJesterPosted 3/17/2013 9:13:28 AM
HardcoreFtw posted...
Because it the 2nd best game on pc board right now.... Starcraft HOTS got nothing on Simcity

I belive he just proved my point. Not because it's a great game, not because it's running great, not because the company is great but "because it's the 2nd best game on the pc board right now."

Everytime people do this it's just telling EA and other game companies, "hey it's ok to release a barely functional game, we'll still buy it up!!"
---
3DS Friend Code: D Jester 3609-1862-5983
#10KillaBeAtPosted 3/17/2013 9:27:18 AM
I bought the game because, glaring issues aside, I still enjoy it.

I love the people that come in and say "All the people who aren't as outraged as I am are acting like EA sheep."

The irony of it is delicious.

The online only system is flawed, yes.

The launch was absolutely awful, yes.

However, none of that really plays into how much I can enjoy the game. They were minor inconveniences that are kind of in the past, and I don't really feel the need to launch a crusade against the game because the launch was awful, and I had to put up with some minor inconveniences during the first few days.

Will it make me think twice between purchasing another product through the origin store? Yep.

Will it make me less likely to pre-order an online only game the next time they are released? Absolutely.

But none of that stuff really effects my ability to enjoy the game, because I don't feel a sense of animosity to the game based on who made it. My thinking is, that if this launch had been screwed up by any other company (with the possible exception of Activision) it wouldn't have kicked up nearly the **** storm it did.

TL;DR the game is completely playable now, and I enjoy it quite a bit. I just don't really care who made the game as long as it works, and it's enjoyable.
---
84% of people make up their statistics. If you are one of the 16% that don't, put this in your signature.