So when the servers eventually shut down in a few years...

#1Heihachi22Posted 3/17/2013 5:07:25 PM
We won't be able to play offline? Am I to assume we are just renting the rights to play? I ask because I'm thinking about buying but recently found out some ea game servers get shut down in after a few years.
---
MGO NAME/PSN: HEIHACHI22, RANK WATER BEAR
"You're in violation of your FACE! "
#2Zmapper33Posted 3/17/2013 5:11:09 PM
Sorry to break it to you, but nearly all the games people buy now days (at least for PC, ie Steam) are just licenses to games and are subject to revoking them from you at any time. Origin reserves the same right without even having to build an always online DRM. Pirating is the only thing you can really do to always have your games, back them up, no DRM, and play years later.
#3aiRWaLKRePosted 3/17/2013 5:18:30 PM
They will release the paid offline dlc expansion befor shuting the severs down just to milk that last penny
---
"After 7 years on gamefaqs, one thing that I have learned is to pay little attention to the opinions or statements of new users." -aiRWaLKRe
#4Lord_VaderPosted 3/17/2013 5:25:36 PM
You won't be able to play this game in 10 years when they shut the servers down.
---
Live long and prosper.
#5Heihachi22(Topic Creator)Posted 3/17/2013 5:26:42 PM
Thanks. maybe till then. got alot of other games to play.
---
MGO NAME/PSN: HEIHACHI22, RANK WATER BEAR
"You're in violation of your FACE! "
#6narfaPosted 3/17/2013 5:33:06 PM
Don't worry, I doubt anyone will be playing this game in a few months at this rate.
---
black out or get out.
#7spankytheslothPosted 3/17/2013 5:34:08 PM
Zmapper33 posted...
Sorry to break it to you, but nearly all the games people buy now days (at least for PC, ie Steam) are just licenses to games and are subject to revoking them from you at any time. Origin reserves the same right without even having to build an always online DRM. Pirating is the only thing you can really do to always have your games, back them up, no DRM, and play years later.

And from my understanding it isn't illegal to have a disc image of the game if you have paid for it.
---
Brushes with death are like snowflakes; each one is unique, and if you have enough of them you can make a snowman.
#8Cobra1010Posted 3/17/2013 5:46:23 PM
Difference is Steam actually said they would make it possible to play their games offline if they ever go bankrupt or shut down for what ever reason.

But the majority of games sold on steam CAN be played offline. If your internet is down, you can go on steam in offline mode and you can play single players.

Sim City on the other hand, i dont know.
---
Battlefield 4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZR6-u8OIJTE&list=FLGtkigcKRaJNDJh4Why2-AA&index=6
#9kirbyhoakagePosted 3/17/2013 6:22:19 PM
narfa posted...
Don't worry, I doubt anyone will be playing this game in a few months at this rate.

There are still idoits out there who are like dogs chasing a car. there is a car there so no matter how dumb and crappy and broken this is i wlll chase it. some people still havent evolved from neanderthal status into a fully selfaware human being. If they can still play this crap sim city game i dont think they have a right to complain about anything else ever because they would just be hypocrits.
#10OmegaSolPosted 3/17/2013 6:31:02 PM
When the server are shut down there will be at least another sim city game out by then, that will be superior.

If you don't think so then you can always play the older sim city 4 if you don't mind playing older games
---
Xbox360 - OmegaSol PS3 - NEOOmegaSol Steam - NEOOmegaSol
WiiU - OmegaSol