The people who truly enjoy this game, have you played a previous SimCity?

#1F0reverZeroPosted 3/17/2013 10:50:22 PM
I'm just curious. I am a SimCity 2000 vet, and played a ton of SimCity 3000 and SimCity 4, and this game can't hold a candle to those games.

So I am wondering, if this is your first SimCity game if you are enjoying it based on the fact that you have never played an older one. I think that if I hadn't played the older ones I would enjoy this one too, but with so much removed from SC4, I can't really get in to this as much as I'd like too.
---
i7 2600K @ 4.6 Ghz | Gigabyte G1.Sniper 2 | MSi Twin Frozr III PE/OC Radeon HD 6950 @ 975 Mhz | 8GB Corsair Dominator | Corsair 850TX V2 | HAF-X Gaming Case
#2EManning81Posted 3/17/2013 10:54:19 PM
I played the first Sim City on a 286 16 Mhz desktop. I played each one after. I enjoy the new title.
#3YombieePosted 3/17/2013 11:10:17 PM
I feel robbed, and I refuse to buy another EA product again.

I've only ever played the other sim games.
#4TenzhiPosted 3/17/2013 11:42:13 PM
I believe the last one I played was SimCity 2000, and it's been quite awhile. I've been largely enjoying this game so far despite its flaws.
---
Often, when you try too hard to act superior, the opposite occurs.
#5LordPonchoPosted 3/17/2013 11:47:50 PM
This is a reboot. IE, new direction. Things are added and removed. You don't have to have not played the old ones to enjoy this. The original ate up my childhood. All those wacky newscasts when something were happening in your city. "Burn baby burn, disco inferno! Burn baby burn!"

And then SimCity 2000 was too complex for my young mind. SimCoty 3000 Unlimited ate up more of my childhood and SimCity 4 was my teen years for the most part.

So, instead of bashing those who like this, accept that people have different tastes. Most reviews have pointed out that minus the bugs, this is an excellent addition to the series.
---
"lol der was a shdow on my carpet but ti looked like a stane and tried to clen it up but ti was a shadoow" -Ghost4800
#6Brummie_lad123Posted 3/18/2013 12:14:51 AM
my fiesr Simcity was 2000 on PS1, and then Ive played 3000, 4 and Societies and I am absolutely loving this game! Yes there are bugs to fix but thats the great thing about patches, and I have not sufferes any of the launch problems, I have never once had to wait to get in a server and I have been getting in the same server problem free since it launched here in the UK.
---
DS = PSP
XBL Gamertag = DarkLPmaster4
#7derp420Posted 3/18/2013 3:42:30 AM
I started with Simcity 2000 and have since played every game in the franchise, not counting console versions. In terms of value, I'll compare it to Spore. I was greatly disappointed with Spore because after a couple playthroughs it felt like there was nothing really new I could do, and I reached this conclusion within a couple weeks of playing. SimCity on the other hand just keeps getting better. I know the server problems are complete BS, but at the end of the day I feel like I can start a new region at any time and have fun creating my cities, whereas every new game in Spore felt the same. I know it's not much of a defense, but it can at least be said that for pure fun factor EA has done a lot worse. And having been burned before, SimCity is actually turning out to be a pleasant surprise.
---
www.cracked.com/phpimages/photoshop/1/8/3/3183_slide.gif
http://i.imgur.com/NlUVU.gif
#8MafewwwPosted 3/18/2013 3:46:24 AM
I've only ever played SimCity4 before.
I couldn't get into it, too much to do, too much to think about.

I like this version, it's manageable, gives you focus. Granted, the city size is a little smaller then I would have liked though.

I have no problems with this game, other then the stupid idea to only allow one road to connect to the highway in most cities. What klutz came up with that? There's a handful of cities where the highway curves round a corner, allowing multiple entry points into your city, why can't that be applied to others?
---
~ Vincere non e importante, e l'unica cosa che conta ~
XboxLIVE Gamertag: Mafewww
#9Neo_HeartlessPosted 3/18/2013 3:51:24 AM
LordPoncho posted...
This is a reboot. IE, new direction. Things are added and removed. You don't have to have not played the old ones to enjoy this. The original ate up my childhood. All those wacky newscasts when something were happening in your city. "Burn baby burn, disco inferno! Burn baby burn!"

And then SimCity 2000 was too complex for my young mind. SimCoty 3000 Unlimited ate up more of my childhood and SimCity 4 was my teen years for the most part.

So, instead of bashing those who like this, accept that people have different tastes. Most reviews have pointed out that minus the bugs, this is an excellent addition to the series.

How about YOU accept that people have different tastes, because you're asking people to accept that this isn't the game they expected because it's a "reboot". Why did a game franchise like Sim City need a reboot? Why couldn't they take the existing formula of 4, expand on it, refine it, and add on a multiplayer or streamlined experience?

You see, this is the problem with many reboots. They stomp on the memories of the old fans but they don't make any new ones. DmC sold abysmally, Tomb Raider is doing ok but would have been more well recieved if it was called anything other than Tomb Raider.

The problem isn't that they're aiming these games at a different audience with different tastes, it's that the audience they are aiming it at has no taste, so we get the same thing over and over.
---
[Wubeth Intensifies]
#10dEv7FiRPosted 3/18/2013 4:28:32 AM
I have tried simcity 4 but there was just too much going on and too many things i have to take note of and it put me off. This simplified things and made it alot more fun to me, granted im not the best player.

One thing i would say is i hope they have simcity 4 sized maps cause its way to small and im having trouble going above 200k population with the size of he maps.
---
PSN - 360 GT
Feroztier