What if everyone chose simcity 4 for their "free game"?

#1YombieePosted 3/18/2013 7:11:16 AM
We're on the cusp of receiving our "gift" for having dealt with such a ****ty launch. As a giant middle finger to EA and Maxis, I encourage all of you to redeem simcity 4 and stick it to the man while reiterating exactly how robbed we all must feel.

Although mostly, it would be ironic as hell and funny as ****.

Thoughts?
#2monkmithPosted 3/18/2013 7:16:56 AM
why do you think that would even be a choice? what company would be foolish enough to offer an older version of their faulty game for free due to said new games problems? they want people to play simcity not simcity 4.
---
build a man a fire and he will be warm for a day, but set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
Baka wa shinanakya naoranai.
#3AnonUnknownPosted 3/18/2013 7:19:01 AM
lol genius. you spend 60 dollars for this, and they give you a 10$ (now 5$) title...
#4Yombiee(Topic Creator)Posted 3/18/2013 7:19:26 AM
Well, looking at their track record, how can I not expect them to **** this up as well?
#5Burhenn63Posted 3/18/2013 7:20:49 AM
monkmith posted...
why do you think that would even be a choice? what company would be foolish enough to offer an older version of their faulty game for free due to said new games problems? they want people to play simcity not simcity 4.

Recent history has shown us that companies are doing very foolish things. Apparently the suits in charge have no clue what's going on in the real world.
---
I'm glad your opinion differs from mine. What a boring place this world would be if it didn't.
#6bnarmzPosted 3/18/2013 7:26:52 AM(edited)
so are you saying people should buy simcity4 to stick it to EA? The last time I checked EA owns Simcity 4 too. All you'll be doing is giving them more money. They'll get money for SimCity 2013 and even more money for their dated SimCity 4. Yeah, what a way to stick it to them. lmfao. It's not going to be a free game and even if it was it's better for them.

EA is probably patting themselves on the back, smh.
#7Yombiee(Topic Creator)Posted 3/18/2013 7:27:01 AM
bnarmz posted...
so are you saying people should buy simcity4 to stick it to EA? The last time I checked EA owns Simcity 4 too. All you'll be doing is giving them more money. They'll get money for SimCity 2013 and even more money for their dated SimCity 4. Yeah, what a way to stick it to them. lmfao.

You must be missing some integral information here, son.

Anyone who redeems a simcity key before the 18th will be credited a free game from them.
You will be purchasing nothing..

Note how the title says "free game".

Away with you, go hang your head in shame.
#8bnarmzPosted 3/18/2013 7:29:41 AM
Yombiee posted...
bnarmz posted...
so are you saying people should buy simcity4 to stick it to EA? The last time I checked EA owns Simcity 4 too. All you'll be doing is giving them more money. They'll get money for SimCity 2013 and even more money for their dated SimCity 4. Yeah, what a way to stick it to them. lmfao.

You must be missing some integral information here, son.

Anyone who redeems a simcity key before the 18th will be credited a free game from them.
You will be purchasing nothing..

Note how the title says "free game".

Away with you, go hang your head in shame.

too late. you should had waited a bit before rushing to respond. The Original message was edited. *pick up your face*
#9I Like ToastPosted 3/18/2013 7:32:48 AM
SimCity 4 was a on amazons top 20 sellers for video games launch week. So people already gave ea more money in response to new simcity.

Game is fun, traffic patch should be out soon, once cheetah gets reenabled all that's left is city size. Which will either be a patch or dlc, but likely either option won't be anytime soon.
---
http://mikelikesthis.net/
Review: New SimCity
#10Yombiee(Topic Creator)Posted 3/18/2013 7:35:42 AM
bnarmz posted...
*pick up your face*

You seem to be angry.

It is not fault of mine you had to retract your moronic response and edit it to fit the thread.

TO THE CORNER WITH YOU, YOU ARE NO SON OF MINE!