EA CEO John Ricitiello resignation letter.

#1Laylow12Posted 3/18/2013 2:25:30 PM
Read it and weep or .....NOT

http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/188732/EA_CEO_John_Riccitiello_steps_down_after_what_could_be_a_rough_quarter.php

Cya!!!
---
The Queen of Light took her bow, and then she turned to go.
The Prince of Peace embraced the gloom, and walked the night alone.-Battle of Evermore/Zeppelin
#2thetravelerPosted 3/18/2013 4:13:23 PM
Laylow12 posted...
Read it and weep or .....NOT

http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/188732/EA_CEO_John_Riccitiello_steps_down_after_what_could_be_a_rough_quarter.php

Cya!!!

yep, their microtransaction expectations have been adjusted after their !@@#$# up. Serves them right.
---
PSN: Daswoot025. Bring it.
#3CRABSOFDOOMPosted 3/18/2013 4:27:42 PM
time to celebrate king ass clown has finally bite the dust.hip hip hurrah?
---
All Hail slyfox729 bodacious wench/samwich MAKER
#4loseswithluigiPosted 3/18/2013 4:36:46 PM
Watching EA fall down stairs for the past few years ha been more fun than most games i've played in that time.
#5DraconisRexPosted 3/18/2013 4:39:16 PM
I've been calling for his firing for THREE YEARS. He was a BLEACH and POUNDCAKE salesman.

He had no clue.

I just hope they find someone that understands:

A. Gamers want quality games, not cripple ware set-up for the cash-shop expansion that are a good value for the money. Not substandard crap like 17-hour CRPGs or 4-hour shooters.

B. Gamers don't want to be hassled by bugs, forced multi-player and BS DRMs that make playing the game a major hassle.

Get those two things right, and people will forgive you the small crap.
---
Ding-Dong! The Witch Is Dead
#6CRABSOFDOOMPosted 3/18/2013 4:52:15 PM
ill never understand how anyone could fail as often or as long as ea and still be profitable
---
All Hail slyfox729 bodacious wench/samwich MAKER
#7LordPonchoPosted 3/18/2013 5:00:45 PM
DraconisRex posted...
I've been calling for his firing for THREE YEARS. He was a BLEACH and POUNDCAKE salesman.

He had no clue.

A. Gamers want quality games, not cripple ware set-up for the cash-shop expansion that are a good value for the money. Not substandard crap like 17-hour CRPGs or 4-hour shooters.

B. Gamers don't want to be hassled by bugs, forced multi-player and BS DRMs that make playing the game a major hassle.

The only problem is that pay shops have been proven to be more profitable. I don't like them myself, but to say gamers don't want it is a blanket statement that really applies to a small percentage unfortunately.
---
"lol der was a shdow on my carpet but ti looked like a stane and tried to clen it up but ti was a shadoow" -Ghost4800
#8DeadlyInsanePosted 3/18/2013 5:01:32 PM
DraconisRex posted...

He had no clue.

C: New EA games on Steam, and not force the crap-ware that is Origin on your customers.
#9zankokuryuPosted 3/18/2013 5:13:43 PM
It seems EA treats the management the same as its product. Didn't make a gajillion dollars? Scrap it...

We won't know for sure until the fiscal year report is out, but the working of the letter doesn't imply a loss for the year, just less profit than expected. There's gonna need to be a change in the corporate culture of EA before they can earn the trust, and eventually respect of gamers and investors again.

Let's hop this move can facilitate that.
---
Sharpen up the greatsword, hunting season is coming.
#10AtmosOmegaPosted 3/18/2013 5:29:23 PM
His resignation is meaningless.
Ricitiello is a becoming a pariah for the EA's recent failings, and I highly doubt that his departure will fix or change any of the major problems in the company's business model.

Were this a sane world; hell, were this anything other than a ploy to appease unhappy shareholders, he'd be busted down to middle management for his failure.

But I wouldn't be surprised if his career continues unabated elsewhere; only the rich can punish the rich after all, and today they sure aren't acting like they're punishing him.

All of the problems the vocal gaming community is harping on are problems EA wants, but doesn't want to admit publicly: They want customers to ignore the obvious price-gouging DLC, shady DRM, and PR lies made to get customers to pre-order.
The sooner people start accepting that, the sooner it helps their bottom line, even if their end product/service has to suffer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A6TmTv6deTI

This was made a year ago about EA, and why it doesn't matter, but it's a solid video.
---
If you don't like what a gaming company is trying to force upon you and the market, don't buy that company's games.
Cruel DRM can only flourish if you let it.