City running out of water solution?

#1TangjiPosted 3/18/2013 1:35:06 PM
I changed my water pumping station location once. Now is running low on this piece of land as well. Some of my land is polluted cant place water pump. What are the solution of water running dry later on when is going to run out eventually? O yea and my smelting factory is using a lot of water as well. If my water get below yellow it stops functioning. I even buy water from 2 of my neighbors still not enough.
#2Lastat27Posted 3/18/2013 1:44:35 PM
Infinite Water:

Place your Water Pumping Station directly beside your Sewage Treatment Plant. The Sewage Treatment plant pumps its clean water back into the water table making that area have infinite clean water. The water remains clean as long as your Sewage Treatment plant doesn't overflow (keep adding modules to prevent that.) Bam. Infinite Water without ever moving the Pumping Station.
---
Steam: Galactimus_Zero | Interest: Sim City, The Banner Saga, Guild Wars
Rank #1: http://stoicstudio.com/forum/showthread.php?1206-The-Strategy-of-Ultimate-Win
#3flagg2kplusPosted 3/18/2013 1:54:10 PM
Lastat27 posted...
Infinite Water:

Place your Water Pumping Station directly beside your Sewage Treatment Plant. The Sewage Treatment plant pumps its clean water back into the water table making that area have infinite clean water. The water remains clean as long as your Sewage Treatment plant doesn't overflow (keep adding modules to prevent that.) Bam. Infinite Water without ever moving the Pumping Station.

Sounds gross and counter-intuitive, but this is true.
---
Don't take life too seriously. You'll never make it out alive.
#4CrazyMammothPosted 3/18/2013 1:55:43 PM
can that setup be done with one on one side of a street and the other on the other side?

or must they be side by side or back to back?
---
Xbox LIVE Gamertag: CrazyMammoth1
#5Lastat27Posted 3/18/2013 2:03:57 PM(edited)
I separate mine with a road so that the modules for both buildings extend in the same direction. The sewage treatment plants pumps its clean water to a rather large area so it doesn't have to be directly on top of each other. Just get them as close as possible.

------------ Road
[][][][][][o] Water
------------ Road
[][][][][][o] Sewage
------------ Road

Legend
~~~~~~
[] - Modules
[o] - Main Building

---
Steam: Galactimus_Zero | Interest: Sim City, The Banner Saga, Guild Wars
Rank #1: http://stoicstudio.com/forum/showthread.php?1206-The-Strategy-of-Ultimate-Win