***The Best Simcity Game Poll !***

#11MoganPosted 3/19/2013 1:57:04 PM
but with the small city sizes

That's the primary reason I haven't bought it. I really want to build large cities, not a bunch of little ones.
This new SimCity strikes me as a cool looking multiplayer component for a game that's missing its single player mode. : \
---
"I can't buy a pack of smokes without running into 9 guys you've ****ed!"
#12Borg1982(Topic Creator)Posted 3/19/2013 2:05:12 PM
Mogan posted...
but with the small city sizes

That's the primary reason I haven't bought it. I really want to build large cities, not a bunch of little ones.
This new SimCity strikes me as a cool looking multiplayer component for a game that's missing its single player mode. : \

Regardless of the size, it should be possible to have a gigantic population. But it will feel like you are squeezing your buildings in tight quarters.
---
Kain: Won't you call for help, doctor?
Dr. Lugae: Don't take me lightly or you'll get burned!
#13DumpsterMcNuggetsPosted 3/19/2013 2:54:08 PM(edited)
Interesting poll. And though I have so much nostalgia playing SC2K, I opted for 3K in the end. Would so love to play the new one, but haven't gotten it yet. And feel that I need to play 4 more, since I've had the disc for a good period of time, yet I've never properly played it enough to appreciate it(bad me).

Thanks for bringing this poll to my attention TC on the SNES board(by posting a thread about it there), otherwise I probably would've overlooked this poll.
---
np: Extm. G 3(PS2),Yoshi Island(SNES),Alpha Protocol(PS3), Krby Pnbl. Land(GB)
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/588740-super-mario-world-2-yoshis-island/63984893
#14Borg1982(Topic Creator)Posted 3/19/2013 3:15:43 PM
I'm still stunned at 4 winning this.

It's been a long time since I played it, but it was my only HATED one in the series...
Music no where close to as good as 3 or SNES, colors on the bland side (RES very high though, for 2003), pop up windows that annoy, people going on strike causing more intrusive pop ups, balancing budget more annoying because of all the whining that sims do, inferior interface....

All reasons above which are why clearly all the remakes for DS or iOS were based on 3000.

And yet somehow 4 wins?

Why? Need more replies on this. Really uplifting-sounding replies with honest answers on how that game was good...
---
#15DarkstaPosted 3/19/2013 3:54:35 PM
Quote:I'm still stunned at 4 winning this.

It's been a long time since I played it, but it was my only HATED one in the series...
Music no where close to as good as 3 or SNES, colors on the bland side (RES very high though, for 2003), pop up windows that annoy, people going on strike causing more intrusive pop ups, balancing budget more annoying because of all the whining that sims do, inferior interface....

All reasons above which are why clearly all the remakes for DS or iOS were based on 3000.

And yet somehow 4 wins?

Why? Need more replies on this. Really uplifting-sounding replies with honest answers on how that game was good...

@Borg1982

Because people like it. They are allowed to have a different opinion than you.

Also, SimCity 2013 is doing fairly well.
---
I'm a Christian. I play Diablo 3 and one of my favorite video game characters is the Lich King from Warcraft. Deal with it.
#16Borg1982(Topic Creator)Posted 3/19/2013 3:59:27 PM
It's probably as simple as the fact that most here are 50% my age and their first experience was with 4, and most of the voters for 4 haven't played many at all.
---
#17GruntlingPosted 3/19/2013 4:05:15 PM
Probably SimCity 3000. SimCity 4 is a close second but by that point the games started to get slightly too complex.
---
GRUNTLING
Since April 26th, 2003
#18SKYMAN07Posted 3/19/2013 4:16:54 PM
In terms of initial impact, I'd have to go with Sim City Snes, as it was the first Sim City game I played, and it pretty much nailed the core game play with great Nintendo style presentation

It was a hugely impressive game for the time, especially for a console.

#19whitelytningPosted 3/19/2013 4:19:11 PM
Kinda surprised to see all the SimCity 4 votes too. I thought 2000 would win this easily. I remember buying simcity 4 and not playing it very long. Without sounding like one of those people that think they are cooler for being old...

It's probably as simple as the fact that most here are 50% my age and their first experience was with 4, and most of the voters for 4 haven't played many at all.

this is probably correct.
---
http://i46.tinypic.com/29yhzzo.jpg
#20MoganPosted 3/19/2013 4:19:43 PM

I started with the 16 color SimCity in the early 90s, and I still think each SimCity has been better than the last up until now.
---
"I can't buy a pack of smokes without running into 9 guys you've ****ed!"