***The Best Simcity Game Poll !***

#21Borg1982(Topic Creator)Posted 3/19/2013 4:44:17 PM
Every computer (PC) Simcity from 1989 to 2003 added more and more content, until 5 failed at that aspect.
---
Kain: Won't you call for help, doctor?
Dr. Lugae: Don't take me lightly or you'll get burned!
#22Borg1982(Topic Creator)Posted 3/19/2013 5:50:02 PM
Bump for exposure :)
---
#23call of dutyPosted 3/19/2013 7:58:59 PM
I'm still stunned at 4 winning this.

It's been a long time since I played it, but it was my only HATED one in the series...
Music no where close to as good as 3 or SNES, colors on the bland side (RES very high though, for 2003), pop up windows that annoy, people going on strike causing more intrusive pop ups, balancing budget more annoying because of all the whining that sims do, inferior interface....

All reasons above which are why clearly all the remakes for DS or iOS were based on 3000.

And yet somehow 4 wins?

Why? Need more replies on this. Really uplifting-sounding replies with honest answers on how that game was good...

4 has alot more transparency on the game mechanics, much better views (especially the desirability views), and zones for different densities. I mean, I didn't even know about farms in 3 until I noticed it in a premade map. I didn't know how traffic worked or where the congestion points are.

To be fair, if I were to vote between 4 and 5, I would've chosen 5. But what makes 4 truly great is the Rush Hour expansion pack. Not only do you have to micromanage your city layout, but you also have to micromanage public transport; that made the game alot more fun.
---
Piza -- a wonder? You mean because some guy failed engineering? No comment. - Abyssmal Fiend
#24Borg1982(Topic Creator)Posted 3/19/2013 10:22:37 PM
It's a shame that SC4 is probably the most packed game there is in the series, but I don't like the colorization they use, the music, interface.

If only it had 3's music and interface, and colors (but kept the high RES buildings still), I would feel like its a more lively, fun experience.
---
#25RyonEnvalenPosted 3/19/2013 10:31:44 PM
Polling is not effective. This is not the time to poll for the best SimCity game. EA still works on latest SimCity series. Of course everyone who couldn't and won't adapt with the newest SC will poll for the previous SimCity 4 because it is the previous release of the series and had been on the market almost 10 years ago.
---
But its power goes beyond what is necessary... Does one really need the power to destroy everything?
Fei - Xenogears
#26GastroidPosted 3/19/2013 10:36:35 PM
It's a shame that SC4 is probably the most packed game there is in the series, but I don't like the colorization they use, the music, interface.

There's a lot more to a city simulation than just the music and the color palette used. As far as the game mechanics went, SimCity 4 was a lot more in-depth than 3000, which is what initially caused the fan schism on how complicated a game is too complicated (leading to SimCity Societies, unfortunately, which was based on the opinion that SimCity 4 was too complicated in its mechanics).
---
Gearoid
Gear-variant Android
#27RyonEnvalenPosted 3/19/2013 10:37:38 PM
Who picks the first SC game? It just doesn't make sense, given that he play the later series.
---
But its power goes beyond what is necessary... Does one really need the power to destroy everything?
Fei - Xenogears
#28DarkstaPosted 3/19/2013 11:21:03 PM
Quote:It's probably as simple as the fact that most here are 50% my age and their first experience was with 4, and most of the voters for 4 haven't played many at all.
@Borg1982

I highly doubt a lot of young kids are plying The Sim City games compared to the older folks. This isn't halo of cod.
---
I'm a Christian. I play Diablo 3 and one of my favorite video game characters is the Lich King from Warcraft. Deal with it.
#29MoganPosted 3/20/2013 6:06:54 AM
Who picks the first SC game? It just doesn't make sense, given that he play the later series.

That's probably the nostalgia vote. Or it could be the some folks haven't played a SimCity since then, and came back for this and were disappointed.
---
"I can't buy a pack of smokes without running into 9 guys you've ****ed!"
#30TanorFauxPosted 3/20/2013 6:42:34 AM
SimCity 2000, and I played the 1st, 2000, 3000 and 4. 2000 was my childhood when it comes to SimCity. 3000 is pretty good as well.
---
This signature is only a substitution, the real signature is hidden somewhere else. I don't know where it is, if you find it, have a Carbonox suit on first.