***The Best Simcity Game Poll !***

#41rikvanoostendePosted 3/27/2013 11:09:23 PM
LordPoncho posted...
I voted the original. Would love to know who the three people who voted for Societies are...

I misclicked. But SCS doesn't even belong in the list 'cause it wasn't made by Maxis.
---
'The last game was a lot better. This one is just a dumbed down spinoff, unworthy of its title, made for casual gamers.'
- Any 'hardcore' gamer on every sequel
#42TenzhiPosted 3/27/2013 11:23:06 PM
I haven't played all of them (I think I played the original, I know I played 2000, and I recently played 4 as it was my chosen free game from EA), but of the ones I have played I had to pick this one. It's relatively easy to get into and it's more macromanagement than micromanagement.

SimCity4 irritated me with its micromanagement, and the tiny service buildings that needed to be micromanaged got lost amidst the bland clutter (mind you, subways, elevated trains, terraforming and the ability to more purposefully create bridges are all some nice features that I wish were in a less irritating game).

I've been looking at the DS options, and from what I've seen Creator looks interesting but I've yet to acquire it and give it a go myself.
---
Often, when you try too hard to act superior, the opposite occurs.
#43LordPonchoPosted 3/28/2013 12:21:37 AM
rikvanoostende posted...
LordPoncho posted...
I voted the original. Would love to know who the three people who voted for Societies are...

I misclicked. But SCS doesn't even belong in the list 'cause it wasn't made by Maxis.

SCS was a cashin on the SimCity name. They can claim they wanted to try something new all they want, there was nothing SimCity about the game.
---
"lol der was a shdow on my carpet but ti looked like a stane and tried to clen it up but ti was a shadoow" -Ghost4800