The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

EA's Free Games Isn't the Answer.

#1schweedubzPosted 3/19/2013 11:21:17 AM
I'll start by saying I am definitely surprised with the list of games they have provided, and I didn't get anything for dealing with Error 37. However, if you consider the upset gamers as a riot, our demands were not to give us a free game and make us go away. We should continue to protect until we receive an offline mode.
#2Toasty_KabalPosted 3/19/2013 11:24:22 AM
But it's not going to happen. You bought the game knowing it was online only.
---
PSN: TheLoneCthulhu
#3SKYMAN07Posted 3/19/2013 11:32:15 AM
I'm no EA fan but this free game is a SOLID way of making it up.

I suffered maybe 2 hours of not being able to play on launch night in the EU and some minor hassle the next day. Since then it's been fine.

To me this is a surprisingly generous offer and I'm going to have trouble choosing.

#4Greggbird33Posted 3/19/2013 12:20:21 PM
schweedubz posted...
I'll start by saying I am definitely surprised with the list of games they have provided, and I didn't get anything for dealing with Error 37. However, if you consider the upset gamers as a riot, our demands were not to give us a free game and make us go away. We should continue to protect until we receive an offline mode.

They didn't do this to make up shut up and go away. It was done strictly as an apology for screwing up. They don't have to do anything at all. They could have just said sorry in a canned PR release or said and done nothing at all. Relax, be less mad.
---
This guy are sick.
#5I Like ToastPosted 3/19/2013 12:29:54 PM
But it's not going to happen. You bought the game knowing it was online only.

They didn't do this to make up shut up and go away. It was done strictly as an apology for screwing up. They don't have to do anything at all. They could have just said sorry in a canned PR release or said and done nothing at all. Relax, be less mad.

what these two said.

Traffic patch out today, give me back cheetah, and i'm fine. I can live with the smaller cities and how the AI handles now that I understand it.
---
http://mikelikesthis.net/
Review: New SimCity
#6Alamyst_Posted 3/19/2013 12:46:38 PM(edited)
Agreeing to the free game will bar you from a class action law suit later...
---
psn Alamyst
#7I Like ToastPosted 3/19/2013 12:57:59 PM(edited)
Agreeing to the free game will bar you from a class action law suit later...

EA already bars you from class action law suits. As does Sony and valve.

don't know if this site still works

http://www.gamersoptout.com/
---
#8Alamyst_Posted 3/19/2013 1:01:35 PM
EULAs are not legally binding
---
psn Alamyst
#9narfaPosted 3/19/2013 1:04:13 PM
I got a refund for the game, got to keep my license, and got a new game on top of that, so I don't have the right to complain as I pretty much got two games for free (though I doubt I'll ever touch SimCity again and have no interest in the free games, but whatever).

Realistically, all EA did was give out games to people that weren't going to buy them anyway and, since they're digital downloads, are pretty much out nothing by doing this. This wouldn't of swayed me had I not gotten a refund at all. It's about the very least they could do, especially considering most of those games are rather old and, if you were going to play them, you would of played them already. The exception is Dead Space 3, which is already marked down to 30 bucks and, surprise, just released a DLC pack.

But people are idiots and love free crap. I've seen people fist fight over free XXL shirts at basketball games, this isn't much different.
---
black out or get out.
#10I Like ToastPosted 3/19/2013 1:05:43 PM
EULAs are not legally binding

yes they are, that bit was upheld by the supreme court when verizon pulled it. Which is why EA, Sony, and Valve all put it into theirs.
---