EA's Free Games Isn't the Answer.

#11HardcoreFtwPosted 3/19/2013 2:26:52 PM
schweedubz posted...
I'll start by saying I am definitely surprised with the list of games they have provided, and I didn't get anything for dealing with Error 37. However, if you consider the upset gamers as a riot, our demands were not to give us a free game and make us go away. We should continue to protect until we receive an offline mode.

---
drink Russian, drive German, wear Italian.
#12KaneOfShadowsPosted 3/19/2013 2:35:40 PM
Who the hell complains about free anything?
#13Tiger93Posted 3/19/2013 2:44:08 PM
I Like Toast posted...
EULAs are not legally binding

yes they are, that bit was upheld by the supreme court when verizon pulled it. Which is why EA, Sony, and Valve all put it into theirs.

Although I'm sure you're aware that both this comment and the one about banning you from subsequent legal action when purchasing apply only to your jurisdiction, are you really sure the USA has no overarching federal statutory framework or common law through judgments regarding what can or cannot be agreed in a contract?

I mean, EULAs are binding in the UK, but not necessarily in their entirety. Where specific clauses clash with the established legal rights of the purchaser, these clauses at the least will remain unbinding, even if the rest of the EULA is found to be solid.

Just surprises me that that would be the case, even in America. Or is this kind of thing done at the State level and so varies?
#14thetravelerPosted 3/19/2013 2:49:45 PM
I Like Toast posted...
But it's not going to happen. You bought the game knowing it was online only.

They didn't do this to make up shut up and go away. It was done strictly as an apology for screwing up. They don't have to do anything at all. They could have just said sorry in a canned PR release or said and done nothing at all. Relax, be less mad.

what these two said.

Traffic patch out today, give me back cheetah, and i'm fine. I can live with the smaller cities and how the AI handles now that I understand it.

good job settling. I hope you are happy now. people like you are the problem with the gaming industry. You gladly accept mediocre games and poor excuses for why they are mediocre instead of the truth. And instead of saying ' I'm not buying your games till you fix them' you just go ahead and buy them. Have a little patience and read a book or something. You don't NEED to play the latest games the moment they release.
---
PSN: Daswoot025. Bring it.
#15flagg2kplusPosted 3/19/2013 2:58:16 PM
thetraveler posted...
I Like Toast posted...

They didn't do this to make up shut up and go away. It was done strictly as an apology for screwing up. They don't have to do anything at all. They could have just said sorry in a canned PR release or said and done nothing at all. Relax, be less mad.

what these two said.

Traffic patch out today, give me back cheetah, and i'm fine. I can live with the smaller cities and how the AI handles now that I understand it.

good job settling. I hope you are happy now. people like you are the problem with the gaming industry. You gladly accept mediocre games and poor excuses for why they are mediocre instead of the truth. And instead of saying ' I'm not buying your games till you fix them' you just go ahead and buy them. Have a little patience and read a book or something. You don't NEED to play the latest games the moment they release.

People like you are the problem.

What any person does with their money is none of your concern. If he wants to buy this game day one, thats his choice. If he enjoys the game as is or was, then more power to him. If a person wants to buy Madden or CoD or any other game along those veins, then let them be.

You're the same kind of person who thinks your particular taste in music is better than other. Your taste in movies is better. Your taste in TV is better. Well, surprise! It's not.

It is simply your opinion, and you are entitled to it, but dont piss in anyone else's cheerios because you dont like the taste of yours.
---
Don't take life too seriously. You'll never make it out alive.
#16KaneOfShadowsPosted 3/19/2013 3:01:39 PM
thetraveler posted...
I Like Toast posted...

what these two said.

You've probably given record companies and Hollywood tons of money for mediocre movies and music, but I'm not going to whine about it.
#17bluemooglePosted 3/19/2013 3:02:56 PM
thetraveler posted...

Hey bro, it's alright you don't like the game, but no need to get mad at the people that do like it. That's not cool.

Just be cool, man :))
---
The statement below is true.
The statement above is false.
#18I Like ToastPosted 3/19/2013 3:05:27 PM
Although I'm sure you're aware that both this comment and the one about banning you from subsequent legal action when purchasing apply only to your jurisdiction, are you really sure the USA has no overarching federal statutory framework or common law through judgments regarding what can or cannot be agreed in a contract?

This is US only, EU isn't impacted by it. Have no clue what Canada's laws are. Generally don't research things that don't impact me in anyway.

However the EULA is still legally binding in the country, however the bit about giving up class action, is in the US EULA only. It doesn't mean the agreement is legal, just legally binding. You can appeal the agreement and go through the court systems and see what happens.

I hope you are happy now.

very happy, gotten over 50 hours of enjoyment from the game. I hope you're getting your panties all bunched up and praying for the death of the industry because people like things you don't.

Have a little patience and read a book or something.

i read too! it's like i'm able to do more than one things. I also play Heart of the Swarm and MLB the show 13 and Fire Emblem Awakening and Persona 4 golden!
---
http://mikelikesthis.net/
Review: New SimCity
#19thetravelerPosted 3/19/2013 4:23:45 PM
I Like Toast posted...

This is US only, EU isn't impacted by it. Have no clue what Canada's laws are. Generally don't research things that don't impact me in anyway.

However the EULA is still legally binding in the country, however the bit about giving up class action, is in the US EULA only. It doesn't mean the agreement is legal, just legally binding. You can appeal the agreement and go through the court systems and see what happens.

I hope you are happy now.

very happy, gotten over 50 hours of enjoyment from the game. I hope you're getting your panties all bunched up and praying for the death of the industry because people like things you don't.

Have a little patience and read a book or something.

i read too! it's like i'm able to do more than one things. I also play Heart of the Swarm and MLB the show 13 and Fire Emblem Awakening and Persona 4 golden!

HOW can you like and enjoy an imcomplete product? you enjoyed not being able to log in possibly or having cities not even save? or having the algorithms for traffic etc. not even work like they are supposed to? Are you for real? and none of that is a problem to you? you willingly give your money to a company that straight out LIED TO YOUR FACE and the faces of consumers? I'm speechless...
---
PSN: Daswoot025. Bring it.
#20I Like ToastPosted 3/19/2013 8:39:10 PM
HOW can you like and enjoy an imcomplete product?

because it's a good game, simple concept.

you enjoyed not being able to log in possibly or having cities not even save?

in 50 hours of gameplay
# of time i couldn't log in: 1, a 20 minute queue. I read a book(the thing you even recomended doing!) and played later
# of times my city didn't save: 0

and contrary to what a bunch of people who don't own the game, like yourself, will try to tell you. My situtation isn't abnormal. People having issues, after launch day, are the minority.

? or having the algorithms for traffic etc.

It's the exact algorithim used in simcity 4, and it was patched before you even posted!

not even work like they are supposed to?

the game, has never, had a "supposed to work"

and none of that is a problem to you?

Nope. But i actually own the game and know the real problems with the game. Not hyberole that you know,

you willingly give your money to a company that straight out LIED TO YOUR FACE and the faces of consumers?

i'll ask you the same question the 30 other people who made this claim. What is this magical lie that EA told that only people who don't own the game seem to know and can't share?

I got an always online Sim City with focus on multiplayer and regional aspects. Exactly what I expected, and to my surprise, the multiplayer(while still not enough to justify the drm!) is damn fun! Of course since you don't own the game, don't know anything but comments from other people that don't own the game. I can see why you'd be so jaded, misinformed, and down right delusional. But please, keep your tin foil hat on. It looks spiffy.
---
http://mikelikesthis.net/
Review: New SimCity