12 cities later

#101DraconisRexPosted 3/21/2013 6:26:53 AM
Sedated posted...
arucard199 posted...
Played 15 cities now and have yet to run into any of those bugs.... I've seen a slew of other bugs, but never any of those. Guess I'm just lucky?

Or is this topic about to take an ironic turn where everyone calls me an EA fanboy and a liar?

If you admit that just because you haven't seen them doesn't mean they don't exist - that doesn't make you a fan boy. It's reasonable.

If you use toast logic and go "It hasn't happened to me, so it's all lies *sticks head in sand*" then people are going to call you a fan boy and question how you can come to such a ridiculous conclusion with out being paid to think that.

I'm pretty sure he's another EA guy. Just like are certain names I always associate with trolling, there are certain names I always associate with white knighting. His is in the second category.

Every game has problems and design choices I don't agree with. I, 99% of the time, just 'get over it.' They're not important in the grand scheme of things and most developers try to do an honest job and treat the gamer with some respect.

But I don't hide from them. The bugs are the bugs and they're not disputable because they're just facts. The design choices are personal preferences, for which there is no 'right answer' and are, therefore, not disputable because it's a matter of personal taste.

What smokes out people like Toast is the denial of real bugs and the denial of people's irritation with some of the more 'dubious' design choices.
---
Ding-Dong! The Witch Is Dead
#102I Like ToastPosted 3/21/2013 6:33:45 AM
What smokes out people like Toast is the denial of real bugs and the denial of people's irritation with some of the more 'dubious' design choices.

where is a post of me denying "real bugs"

oh right, you don't have one just blind accusations to justify your rage.
---
http://mikelikesthis.net/
Review: New SimCity
#103DraconisRexPosted 3/21/2013 7:09:11 AM
I Like Toast posted...
Take GW2, they had the rush in then the exodus you get from MMOs.

But, since December, the servers have been growing in population. Something only a few MMOs have managed to do in the past five years (LOTRO, DDO, Eve Online to name a few).

and all those, save Eve, have lower population counts than ToR. Go figure huh?

Laughable. Considering the 96% server deprecation rate off the high of 1.7 million accounts, TOR projects to be well under 100K now. LOTRO has about 500K. DDO about 150K.

For example, PCGamer said 'for a fact' there was 200 hours of UNIQUE CLASS STORY per class. There was not. There was less 20 hours of of UNIQUE class story while the rest of the story was padded crap everyone had to do and even that was just 50 hours unless you hit the spacebar.

http://www.pcgamer.com/review/star-wars-the-old-republic-review/

the only time 200 hours is mentioned is in the reviewer saying it would take 200 hours to grind out to level 50.

So, that whole 'get educated' thing... Right back at you,

So that whole, 'get educated' thing, you still need to work on it.

Silly me, I remembered the wrong specific article. Which actually doesn't really matter because that wasn't my point. My point was how it was taken as gospel by the bought-and-paid-for reviewers from earlier press releases promising the same:

Each of the six Star Wars:The Old Republic classes pack 200 hours of gameplay, EA has revealed - excluding crafting, raiding and "the multiplayer".

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011-06-29-ea-200-hours-of-play-per-swtor-class

The reviewer, like I said, just plagiarized the EA Press Release like a good corporate shill.

And, btw, 'class gameplay' does mean unique in the CONTEXT OF SWTOR. A class story is, in this game, only for the ONE class (Knight, Consular, etc.), Then you have a world story and a region story which are NOT class stories. To say each class, which is not the same as "CHARACTER," has 200 hours of gameplay wasn't true for two reasons:

1. It took no more the 50-hours for any competent MMO player to hit cap and the end of the story. (Lied about how much time that took.)

2. 60% of the leveling was not class-based but faction based (world and region stories). (So, what they did was play a semantics game. They included all 'non-class' game-play in the mix to lead us to believe, through their deliberate misrepresentation, that each story would have 200 hours of actual gameplay.)

So, EA shill, I might misremember which one of the scores of press-release articles and reviews. But I'm still 100% on the meta argument which was -- reviewers do not play the whole game and rely way too much on press releases and game company executives and thus repeat their lies and base too many of their reviews on those lies.

But nice try on the defect instead of arguing otherwise.

1. They're entirely dependent on game company advertising and revenues have been pulled over negative reviews (GameSpot).

the very site that gave sim city a 5, but hey you keep that tin foil hat.

lol I guess you don't understand bias creep with dependent 'independent' reviewers. It's a big problem in my (retired from) profession. It's a problem in the game review industry as well.
---
Ding-Dong! The Witch Is Dead
#104spankytheslothPosted 3/21/2013 7:19:34 AM
I Like Toast posted...
From: spankythesloth | Posted: 3/20/2013 11:16:23 PM | #094
Hyperbole means exaggeration

and maybe one day you'll apply that to the topic. Maybe.

, and saying most of the people who are reporting problems don't own the game is a pretty big one.

no it's not. This very topic the majority complaining do not own the game.

As to the rollbacks, there are millions of people playing the game. Since it happened to me once as well, I can reasonably assume that it has happened to hundreds of people out of the millions who play.

"hundreds" out of the million that have bought the game = a fraction of a percent. One user claiming it's happened to him, alone, hundreds of times. Is a laughable hyberole. One that people who defend, makes it abudently clear who doesn't own the game and who doesn't.

This very topic, again, is full of people who own the game talking about how they aren't running into the problems. All people with high hour counts. Showing how uncommon the bugs are, contrary to what people who don't own the game so desperately want to claim.

And as for the disappearing cities, it's kind of impossible to prove even with a video, so arguing whether or not it has happened is pointless (although I could easily reason that it is likely it has).

Which is one of the issues he claimed and not even the one I asked him to show.

How do you know they don't own the game? I own it, have 40 hours played, and have run into numerous bugs. I can give you my origin ID to prove it if you want, or post an image of my city renamed to something you chose as to prove it isn't just a screenshot from the Internet.

Also, TC just said hundreds of rollbacks. He didn't say to him alone. First you said claiming hundreds of rollbacks is an exaggeration, now you say that's not that much?
---
Brushes with death are like snowflakes; each one is unique, and if you have enough of them you can make a snowman.
#105spankytheslothPosted 3/21/2013 7:30:05 AM
Sedated posted...
Don't mind toast, They got some new word of the day toilet paper at the EA office. He's really excited about it.

I wouldn't bother arguing with him unless I was getting something out of it--I love to argue :)
---
Brushes with death are like snowflakes; each one is unique, and if you have enough of them you can make a snowman.
#106Borg1982Posted 3/21/2013 7:36:57 AM
http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j216/ralph0925/costanzaPopcorn.gif
---
Kain: Won't you call for help, doctor?
Dr. Lugae: Don't take me lightly or you'll get burned!
#107I Like ToastPosted 3/21/2013 7:41:27 AM
TOR projects to be well under 100K now.

nope, but well being wrong is your thing.

. LOTRO has about 500K

500k "active" accounts. With no definition of what active means. I have a LOTRO account, it's active, i haven't played in 3+ years.

. Which actually doesn't really matter because that wasn't my point.

Right your point was a bunch of misguided and misinformed 'points' combined with some conspiracy theory no one can be trusted drivel.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011-06-29-ea-200-hours-of-play-per-swtor-class

The reviewer, like I said, just plagiarized the EA Press Release like a good corporate shill.

funny how the word unique isn't mentioned? and is again addressing the same part of it's going to take 200 hours to level to 50.

It's also not a review. Had you even bothered to read anything but the headline.

(So, what they did was play a semantics game. They included all 'non-class' game-play in the mix to lead us to believe, through their deliberate misrepresentation, that each story would have 200 hours of actual gameplay.)

And marketing is always going to play semantics. They are always going to pick the stat that best tells their story. Just like you pick on the Kane and Lynch review and ignore the Sim City review. You pick and choose what best tells the biased story you want. The only difference is, EA has an economic incentive to mislead people, you have what incentive?

How do you know they don't own the game?

Beyond them admitting in various post that they haven't?

reviewers do not play the whole game and rely way too much on press releases and game company executives and thus repeat their lies and base too many of their reviews on those lies.

You aren't, since you haven't been able to back it with anything factual.

But nice try on the defect instead of arguing otherwise.

Irony™

From: spankythesloth | Posted: 3/21/2013 11:19:34 AM | #104
Also, TC just said hundreds of rollbacks. He didn't say to him alone. First you said claiming hundreds of rollbacks is an exaggeration, now you say that's not that much?

Oh okay, i guess only 12 cities have been made by the million+ people that own the game.

TC was clearly talking about his own personal experience and even later post that everything happened to him if you somehow were still confused.

First you said claiming hundreds of rollbacks is an exaggeration, now you say that's not that much?

Nope
First i claim one person having hundreds of rollbacks is hyperbole. I'm stating hundreds of fire trucks, from one large fire house, is hyperbole. I'm stating one person having "multiple mysterious lost cities" is hyperbole. And one person having all of the above is even more hyperbole.

And I stated, the people that down' own the game would say he's telling the truth. And go figure, Vader and Sedated showed up on queue to do so.
---
#108Kosba_2142Posted 3/21/2013 7:53:38 AM
I Like Toast posted...
Using hyperbole for all of your points, isn't a way to get anyone to buy your story.

Don't worry though the trolls that don't own the game will still believe you.

Don't forget the 4739262738 ellipses
---
CATS. That's about it honestly...
#109darkace77450Posted 3/21/2013 8:04:59 AM
Kosba_2142 posted...
I Like Toast posted...
Using hyperbole for all of your points, isn't a way to get anyone to buy your story.

Don't worry though the trolls that don't own the game will still believe you.

Don't forget the 4739262738 ellipses

I'm beginning to think you, Toast, don't even know what hyperbole is.
#110I Like ToastPosted 3/21/2013 8:15:09 AM
From: darkace77450 | Posted: 3/21/2013 12:04:59 PM | #109
I'm beginning to think you, Toast, don't even know what hyperbole is

hey look another one of the guys that doesn't own the game but still comes to troll the board
---