What causes wind direction to shift?

#1MikeH7186Posted 3/21/2013 6:52:18 AM
I started a city in January of Year 1. The wind was blowing west when I put the town layout down. I place industrial and by April of Year 1 the wind shifted to South West. Now it's around June and it's almost directly South, blowing into the residential. Is it going to do a full 360, or how does it work? Should I rezone the industrial before it creates too much ground pollution?
#2boochyPosted 3/21/2013 6:54:57 AM
Science bro.
---
Xbox Live GT/PSN ID - Duck Tales LOL/DuckTalesLOL
Steam ID: DuckTalesLOL
#3LordPonchoPosted 3/21/2013 7:32:47 AM
Your mom.
---
"lol der was a shdow on my carpet but ti looked like a stane and tried to clen it up but ti was a shadoow" -Ghost4800
#4innversion86Posted 3/21/2013 7:44:55 AM
They said that they wanted to keep the simulation somewhat realistic. The wind direction is supposed to change 15-20 degrees either direction from its starting direction. Plan your city accordingly!!
#5theblurchPosted 3/21/2013 8:08:18 AM
God.
---
XBL: T Skillet ///// Steam ID: The Blurch ///// Origin ID: TGJohnson
Currently Playing: SimCity, EDF 2017 Vita
#6xoxide124Posted 3/21/2013 12:20:53 PM
wind changes to make the game more realistic .. yet we don't have subways, bridges, under or over passes or one way streets and cars go down a single lane of a 3 lane road to get to a dirt road rather than go around each other until traffic is even on that street at that specific intersection assuming all lanes can turn..

HUH SAY WHAT??????

realistic??? Pff.

I'm still waiting for the real game to come out at this point.. cuz i midas well be playing with legos and 20 10 yearolds in a glassbox

all features are FIFO not even logical..
first house to get electric is the same one that gets out of bed and gets to the first place closes that needs a job?

yea .. realisitic... no same job.. no simulation of a city.. just all FIFO..

its a very flat FIFO game with some really nice graphics at this point.. RELEASE THE ROBOT CAR CRUSHING MACHINE.. oh wait.. i have yet to even see that in the game.. HMMMM wonder what else is miss UHM EVERYTHING
#7innversion86Posted 3/21/2013 7:03:38 PM
xoxide124 posted...
wind changes to make the game more realistic .. yet we don't have subways, bridges, under or over passes or one way streets and cars go down a single lane of a 3 lane road to get to a dirt road rather than go around each other until traffic is even on that street at that specific intersection assuming all lanes can turn..

HUH SAY WHAT??????

realistic??? Pff.

I'm still waiting for the real game to come out at this point.. cuz i midas well be playing with legos and 20 10 yearolds in a glassbox

all features are FIFO not even logical..
first house to get electric is the same one that gets out of bed and gets to the first place closes that needs a job?

yea .. realisitic... no same job.. no simulation of a city.. just all FIFO..

its a very flat FIFO game with some really nice graphics at this point.. RELEASE THE ROBOT CAR CRUSHING MACHINE.. oh wait.. i have yet to even see that in the game.. HMMMM wonder what else is miss UHM EVERYTHING

Done with the rant bro?
#8Hunta KillerPosted 3/21/2013 10:44:06 PM
you mad that he speaks the truth?
---
Battle.net 2.0 : HuntaKiller - 229
Xbox Live : Hunta Killer
#9rikvanoostendePosted 3/22/2013 12:41:49 AM
Hunta Killer posted...

The truth is he speaks mad.
I cannot even comprehend what his arguements could be. Maybe if he used grammar?
---
'The last game was a lot better. This one is just a dumbed down spinoff, unworthy of its title, made for casual gamers.'
- Any 'hardcore' gamer on every sequel
#10MikeH7186(Topic Creator)Posted 3/22/2013 1:11:04 AM
rikvanoostende posted...
Hunta Killer posted...

The truth is he speaks mad.
I cannot even comprehend what his arguements could be. Maybe if he used grammar?

Read that in tyrion lannister's voice. Good times were had.