EA in running the worst Consumerist's Company in America title... Again!

#1QuakeMan87Posted 3/22/2013 1:34:28 PM
Well known for mistreating and of course lying to customers, EA is running the worst Consumerist's Company in America in fact twice! This was going to happen if they didn't F*** up simcity in the first place but the damage is already done, of course it's that no good DRM that's causing all sorts of trouble!
---
GT: Antares8782
#2KatarokPosted 3/22/2013 1:56:29 PM
They've got nothing on Comcast. Who have a government backed monopoly.
#3Lord_Shadow_19Posted 3/22/2013 2:12:48 PM
EA is definitely the scum of the Earth as far as gaming companies go, but when you compare to the true horrific companies such as banks, and Walmart (who have done thousands of times more damage than EA could do even if given a hundred years), you'll find that EA is quite tame.

Walmart would get my vote without hesitation.
---
Playing UMvC3, Far Cry 3, Black Ops 2. PSN: Entropy19
#4mikurubeamPosted 3/22/2013 2:15:21 PM
Bank of America is the worst. They were my banking institution of choice back when I was a student in College. Never again will I ever use them for anything financially related.
---
i7-3930k, Asus RIVE, 3x Sapphire 7970, G-Skill 16gig DDR-2133, Corsair AX1200 & H100, 4x Samsung 830, Asus Essence STX, Samsung S27B970D 2560x1440
#5spankytheslothPosted 3/22/2013 2:36:53 PM
I'm not really a fan of any company. Since companies are made up of people, and people are generally terrible, same goes for companies.
---
Brushes with death are like snowflakes; each one is unique, and if you have enough of them you can make a snowman.
#6darkace77450Posted 3/22/2013 2:41:00 PM
In my opinion, EA is a piece of **** company that deserves nothing more than total bankruptcy. But they're small potatoes compared to some of the other companies. I'll still take some measure of delight if they win, but I don't think they should.

Wells Fargo, for example, was busted a while back doing some really shady stuff. They were sitting on personal checks, not processing them until quite a quite a few had been written. They'd then process the largest checks first in an attempt to clear the checking account of all funds. After that they'd process the smaller checks, one at a time, charging an Overdraft Fee for each check processed with no money in the account. That kind of crap makes lying about server-side processing of Sims look like child's play.

Lord_Shadow_19 posted...

I'm not in the know, care to fill me in on what makes Wal Mart so bad? I mean, I know they're bad. But have they done anything particularly egregious to earn more scorn than companies like Bank of America or Wells Fargo?
#7clowningPosted 3/22/2013 2:46:49 PM
Wal-Mart is hated by liberals and the media. Everything they supposedly did is done by every big company on the planet.

Worst companies? News media, like the Times or the Post. These people are supposed to be providing objective information, but they don't. They are biased, and worst, both organizations got into trouble for inventing sources for their stories. Half of the NY Times was fired for it not that long ago, when they got busted.
---
It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. ...one begins to twist facts to suit theories.... Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
#8Lord_Shadow_19Posted 3/22/2013 2:48:33 PM
darkace77450 posted...
In my opinion, EA is a piece of **** company that deserves nothing more than total bankruptcy. But they're small potatoes compared to some of the other companies. I'll still take some measure of delight if they win, but I don't think they should.

Wells Fargo, for example, was busted a while back doing some really shady stuff. They were sitting on personal checks, not processing them until quite a quite a few had been written. They'd then process the largest checks first in an attempt to clear the checking account of all funds. After that they'd process the smaller checks, one at a time, charging an Overdraft Fee for each check processed with no money in the account. That kind of crap makes lying about server-side processing of Sims look like child's play.

Lord_Shadow_19 posted...

I'm not in the know, care to fill me in on what makes Wal Mart so bad? I mean, I know they're bad. But have they done anything particularly egregious to earn more scorn than companies like Bank of America or Wells Fargo?

Honestly, I don't know if they're worse than the big banks, but gobbling up and ruining the economies of small towns, not allowing unions, offering no benefits whatsoever, and firing people for literally no reason at all except to keep overhead low (they do this). Not saying there aren't other companies that do this to their employees, but they are far bigger than anyone else.

Walmart is slowly destroying the economy.

That said, banks are probably much worse, and they get bonuses for screwing over the average citizen.
---
Playing UMvC3, Far Cry 3, Black Ops 2. PSN: Entropy19
#9jaijasty2Posted 3/22/2013 3:09:32 PM
Lord_Shadow_19 posted...
darkace77450 posted...

Lord_Shadow_19 posted...

Honestly, I don't know if they're worse than the big banks, but gobbling up and ruining the economies of small towns, not allowing unions, offering no benefits whatsoever, and firing people for literally no reason at all except to keep overhead low (they do this). Not saying there aren't other companies that do this to their employees, but they are far bigger than anyone else.

Walmart is slowly destroying the economy.

That said, banks are probably much worse, and they get bonuses for screwing over the average citizen.

To bad the 99.8% of people don't know this like how 99.8% of germs are killed from sanitizers when in reality, its more like 75%. If it really was 99.8%, most of the world would be germ free by now but isn't. Many people still by from Walmart, including most of my family and I don't obviously. One day, the world will end from Wal-Mart becoming a type of government and country which is basically the entire world except Antarctica.

Also a question, why the heck would EA go to Antarctica to Set up a server there. Why would a scientist want to play simcity with a 3G enabled Laptop? or is it just a server located some where in a secret HQ of EA's Evil deeds on land and just named "Antarctica".
---
Youtube Channel at youtube.com/user/jaijasty Gamefaqs jaijasty2 ,Chatango: Jaijasty2,Facebook Jai Jasty,Youtube Jai Jasty See ya MATT
#10LordPonchoPosted 3/22/2013 3:13:23 PM
Is anybody surprised TC thinks EA truly deserves this award? His posts previously have shown a general lack of know how when it comes to the world.
---
"lol der was a shdow on my carpet but ti looked like a stane and tried to clen it up but ti was a shadoow" -Ghost4800