How low does the price of simcity have to go until you'll buy it?

#11thebeaslePosted 3/26/2013 11:03:52 AM
LordPoncho posted...
These sales are planned far in advance. Do you think they threw that sale up due to sales concerns? You're a fool if that's what you truly think. But what can I expect from you?

Poncho who are you responding to? By your definition I am a fool.

Starcraft 2 WoL, a great game that is 3 years old, sells for $34 on Amazon. http://www.amazon.com/Starcraft-II-Wings-Liberty-Pc/dp/B000ZKA0J6

SimCity sells for $40 3 weeks after release. It will be $20 or less by the end of the year.
#12Sedated(Topic Creator)Posted 3/26/2013 11:42:21 AM(edited)
LordPoncho posted...
Sedated posted...
LordPoncho posted...
These sales are planned far in advance. Do you think they threw that sale up due to sales concerns? You're a fool if that's what you truly think. But what can I expect from you?

I lol'd. You're funny/

Perhaps you should browse cheapassgamer.com.

One of the mods there is a rep for Amazon games and generally gives hints about what sales are coming over the next month. He knows what's going to be on sale weeks ahead.

Some sales are planned in advanced =/= all sales are planned in advanced.

That's like saying all the games in bargain bins that are 10 dollars a couple of months after released were just planned sales. Also when something is a planned sale it lasts for a set duration, they'll also tell you about in advanced to generate hype.

Simcity on the other hand? Randomly dropped in price by 20 dollars with out any advertising and it states zero about this being a limited time offer. Everything points to 39.99 simply being the price point for the game now.

Even target while stating it's a sale shows nothing about how long this sale lasts and there was no advertisement before hand.

Example: The buy 2 games get 1 free sale that I took advantage of from target was a pre planned sale. It was advertised ahead of time, had a start date and a end date.

What's happening with simcity is called marking down a poorly selling item in hopes of seeing an increase in sales and maybe if they're really lucky they'll be able to eventually raise the price back to normal.

---
NegiBozu203 posted...
Facts don't mean **** to me.
#13xoxide124Posted 3/26/2013 11:28:00 AM
i was a 2 copy pre order :/
#14MoganPosted 3/26/2013 11:32:36 AM
It's not about price, it's about SimCity being the game I want to play; and it isn't right now.
---
"I can't buy a pack of smokes without running into 9 guys you've ****ed!"
#15Sedated(Topic Creator)Posted 3/26/2013 1:49:17 PM
Mogan posted...
It's not about price, it's about SimCity being the game I want to play; and it isn't right now.

That goes without saying. The topic is about in its current state..what would it take for you to purchase or even install this game.
---
NegiBozu203 posted...
#16MoganPosted 3/26/2013 2:08:42 PM
That goes without saying. The topic is about in its current state..what would it take for you to purchase or even install this game.

There isn't an amount. I don't want EA's money, and I don't want to give them mine for SimCity. I just don't want SimCity, in the same way I don't want the new Metal Gear or Zelda game; they aren't the kind of thing I want to play. I'm not saying they're bad, just that they aren't for me.

It's state would have to change for me to purchase or install this game. I hope it does, because I really like the SimCity series.
---
"I can't buy a pack of smokes without running into 9 guys you've ****ed!"
#17Lord_Shadow_19Posted 3/26/2013 2:59:29 PM
It's not about the price for me so much as the quality of the game.

To put it bluntly, I have a well paying job that allows for a considerable disposable income. I want to buy SimCity, I've been a fan of the game since I played the original way back in the early 90s, but with all the bugs, the inconvenient DRM, and the tiny space in which to build a city, I'm simply not sold on the product. If SimCity were to at least fix the bugs and the city sizes, I would gladly buy it at full price (I have no doubt that at some point, an official patch will allow for offline play, it really is the only possible future for the game).

There are very very few situations where I'm sold on name alone and will ask questions later, unfortunately for EA, SimCity is not among those names.
---
Playing UMvC3, Far Cry 3, Black Ops 2. PSN: Entropy19
#18PG50Posted 3/26/2013 4:43:02 PM(edited)
As is, without bigger cities or highest speed, and without knowing about any DLC or anything like that, I would pay 10$ max. That's with expecting them to still fix and add those things obviously. If I knew that stuff would never be added/fixed, I wouldn't buy it all.

If they have bigger cities and better speed, and iron out the bugs, but without knowing about any DLC, I would pay 25$ max.
#19Lord_VaderPosted 3/26/2013 4:49:38 PM
$15-$20 in its current state. No more, no less.
---
Live long and prosper.
#20Sedated(Topic Creator)Posted 3/27/2013 1:06:43 PM
Lord_Vader posted...
$15-$20 in its current state. No more, no less.

I'm actually kinda surprised you'd pay that much lol
---
NegiBozu203 posted...