What's the point of football and baseball pitches?

#1call of dutyPosted 3/26/2013 6:50:27 PM
They cost 3x more than city parks but with the same effect...
---
Piza -- a wonder? You mean because some guy failed engineering? No comment. - Abyssmal Fiend
#2PG50Posted 3/26/2013 6:52:52 PM
I don't own the game (yet), but I would assume that it's for variety. I've never been to a city or town that didn't have a baseball field, or multiple soccer fields, having those would make things seem more real.
#3I Like ToastPosted 3/26/2013 7:00:44 PM
the baseball one mentions it lowers crime, if it's true or not who knows.

It's also the same size as a max density building, letting you know how much space to leave when making roads:)
---
http://mikelikesthis.net/
Review: New SimCity
#4rikvanoostendePosted 3/27/2013 4:20:18 AM
They can make about 200 people happy (at once) instead of a couple dozen. Since sports and parks make them happy when money for shops isn't available, it also helps against poeple becoming homeless and if they are, take up relatively less space in them.
---
'The last game was a lot better. This one is just a dumbed down spinoff, unworthy of its title, made for casual gamers.'
- Any 'hardcore' gamer on every sequel
#5call of duty(Topic Creator)Posted 3/27/2013 6:18:12 PM
They can make about 200 people happy (at once) instead of a couple dozen. Since sports and parks make them happy when money for shops isn't available, it also helps against poeple becoming homeless and if they are, take up relatively less space in them.

City parks make 180 people happy, Baseball makes 192.
---
Piza -- a wonder? You mean because some guy failed engineering? No comment. - Abyssmal Fiend
#6call of duty(Topic Creator)Posted 3/27/2013 7:28:03 PM
^That's actually wrong, city parks make 192 whereas baseball makes 150.
---