City not sustainable!!!, Help!

#11I Like ToastPosted 3/27/2013 12:10:38 PM
you can get alloy from recycling.
---
http://mikelikesthis.net/
MGS 5 Officially Confirmed
#12boochyPosted 3/27/2013 12:13:48 PM
At the 50th minute of every hour, bump the taxes up to 20%. Then bump them back down once the hour hits.

Rinse and repeat.
---
Xbox Live GT/PSN ID - Duck Tales LOL/DuckTalesLOL
Steam ID: DuckTalesLOL
#13kristofer777Posted 3/27/2013 8:04:51 PM
If I was you shut down on fire, police health, and education and get a recycling plant since with the plant you get plastic, alloy, and metal. You can export the free metal and you get a free shipment of processors from the alloy and plastic. Also you can raise taxes to 20% for 8 in-game hours before people will start to leave to cushion your bank account to pay off those bonds, then lower your taxes to 9%. An example of this is to pause the game after midnight, raise taxes across the board to 20, then when it hits after 8am pause and lower the taxes to 9%.
#14CaanimalPosted 3/27/2013 10:19:37 PM
I would suggest shutting down all the expensive utilities except education until you can build up a good bit of money, DO get a recycling center up and running, it won't produce oodles of material but it will speed up the process of building up some money, I suggest selling it all for a while until you have a good nest egg, once you set up the TV factory switch the plastic and alloy from the recycling center to being used locally to help w/ TV production.
#15TenzhiPosted 3/27/2013 11:10:45 PM
If you finished the Electronics quest you should already be making money from exporting your processors despite the fact that your hourly income is in the red. I was at about -40,000 per hour when I finished the first part of the quest, but I was still making money. I'm currently around -60,000 per hour with that city but I'm profiting a couple million per day despite that. Of course, I also plopped a Trade HQ and got a Trade Port before I opened up the Electronics HQ which made the accumulation and disposition of resources a great deal easier.
---
Often, when you try too hard to act superior, the opposite occurs.