People are still playing this?

#1wickdawg01Posted 3/28/2013 1:41:15 PM
I got it day one and actually had not that many problems. I even enjoyed the game and found little wrong with it (other than my cities being randomly deleted).

But after about one week the game just lost that flavor that it had. I blame the small map size. It gets old very quick having to start another new city just to support your first or second or third city.
---
Karma will come to your house and wreck up the place.
------TimEnchanter
#2OrangePoetPosted 3/28/2013 1:59:07 PM
I play it. Although I don't play with others, I like to do private regions so people don't screw with my region.
---
XBL Gamertag: oPUNCHDRUNKo
It's not a matter of luck,It's just a matter of time
#3Kandar888Posted 3/28/2013 2:04:13 PM
I've played a little bit. I've now hit 150k+ population with a second city, but I still feel like I have no idea what I'm doing. All I hear are complaints about not enough workers and being broke. I had to quit my first city because I didn't know you had to build a sewage treatment plant and water plant next to each other to sustain a city over 50k. There's some things about the game I don't care for. They give you some tools to be creative and what-not but then they go and be extremely restrictive on how zoning works. So if you don't have the perfect amount of area for a building to expand, you're SoL.
#4I Like ToastPosted 3/28/2013 2:06:44 PM
. So if you don't have the perfect amount of area for a building to expand, you're SoL.

while true, a helpful tip is the baseball field is the same size as a max density building and helps you know how much room to leave when making your roads.
---
http://mikelikesthis.net/
MGS 5 Officially Confirmed
#5call of dutyPosted 3/28/2013 4:16:30 PM(edited)
. So if you don't have the perfect amount of area for a building to expand, you're SoL.

while true, a helpful tip is the baseball field is the same size as a max density building and helps you know how much room to leave when making your roads.

So is a large empty field. Except the large empty field is 10x cheaper.

It's a lot cheaper to just plop the field, get the road correct, delete it and plop a city park instead. Incidentally, the city park holds more people and has the same area of effect.
---
Piza -- a wonder? You mean because some guy failed engineering? No comment. - Abyssmal Fiend
#6I Like ToastPosted 3/28/2013 4:28:10 PM

you don't have to plop it to measure the size
---
http://mikelikesthis.net/
MGS 5 Officially Confirmed
#7Kandar888Posted 3/28/2013 6:55:46 PM
hmm, I'll have to figure out what this is you guys are talking about >_>
#8call of dutyPosted 3/29/2013 5:41:58 PM

you don't have to plop it to measure the size

? So you just memorise where the road is supposed to go?
---
Piza -- a wonder? You mean because some guy failed engineering? No comment. - Abyssmal Fiend
#9spankytheslothPosted 3/29/2013 5:46:31 PM
wickdawg01 posted...
I got it day one and actually had not that many problems. I even enjoyed the game and found little wrong with it (other than my cities being randomly deleted).

But after about one week the game just lost that flavor that it had. I blame the small map size. It gets old very quick having to start another new city just to support your first or second or third city.

Filling up the map is only like 5% of the fun. Trying to optimize population and traffic with this god awful AI is most of the fun, for me at least. You probably just need to delve a little deeper into the mechanics of the game to get to the fun parts.
---
Brushes with death are like snowflakes; each one is unique, and if you have enough of them you can make a snowman.