Are you satisfied with SimCity?

#1darkace77450Posted 3/29/2013 3:22:56 PM
Vote Below - Results (110 votes)
Yes
34.55% (38 votes)
No
65.45% (72 votes)
This poll is now closed.
The game has been out for 24 days now. What I'd like to know is whether or not you're satisfied with the game in its current state. I would ask those who did not purchase the game to please refrain from voting. Thanks.
#2holden4everPosted 3/29/2013 3:29:00 PM
I've only had it for a few days and the only problem I've seen is gifting money to another of my cities didn't work. I sent $100k to two different cities and even after waiting several hours it didn't get there.
---
http://thebulldogs.com.au/media/logo_2010.png - 2013 NRL Season - W/L: 1/2 - Last Game: Storm def Bulldogs 22-18 - Next Game: Rabbitohs
#3Styrofoam BoxPosted 3/29/2013 4:21:32 PM
I think it's the best SimCity ever, even with all its faults. I can't go back to any of the previous ones after playing this. I just wish the cities were bigger, and that there was an offline single player mode, since I only play on private regions. Traffic could also use some adjustments, to say the least.

I've encountered some of the common bugs that are now being addressed by the developers, but when you think about it, previous games in the series have always had some annoying bugs, but we just learned how to work around them. Most of the times, they just became part of the way we play. It's barely been a month since its launch, so I still have high hopes for what Maxis is going to be able to accomplish in later patches.

I'm not excusing EA for their terrible launch, for the forced online features, and for all the server problems. But when you manage to get over all of that, you find that the game itself is very satisfying.
#4happyscrub1Posted 3/29/2013 4:22:48 PM
No, but I have faith in EA fixing the A.I.
---
Happyscrub's league of legends rank is higher than 95% gamefaqs posters. This is why gamefaqs jealous of him. That's why they troll him. So sad, So bad, so mad.
#5josetjrPosted 3/29/2013 4:22:54 PM
when you send gifts, stay in that city until the notice(s) show up that you have sent a gift. Should take a few mins. Then load the other city and the gifts should appear in a few mins.
#6DignatoReRaisedPosted 3/29/2013 4:33:48 PM
._. I guess I'll delete mine.
---
DON'T F*** WITH THE SENATOR!
NANOMACHINES, SON!
#7josetjrPosted 3/29/2013 4:52:47 PM
I'm satisfied with it. The first few days sucked with the server issues. My biggest issues with the game is city size, the one highway link, the dumb traffic, and the way everything is free for the Sims to use (free buses, water, electric, land, etc). Also some details gone from SimCity 4 like subways and disabled cheetah speed. Now one SimCity day takes about 20-24 mins on fastest speed.

But the good things are quite satisfying so far. It's more alive and animated than any other SimCity. It doesn't feel like an excel file with colors and small graphical pics. I've spend over 100 hours playing trying to find more efficient ways to make money and go through other specialties and land designs. SimCity 4 got boring in a lot less time.
#8holden4everPosted 3/29/2013 5:21:15 PM
when you send gifts, stay in that city until the notice(s) show up that you have sent a gift. Should take a few mins. Then load the other city and the gifts should appear in a few mins.

Ok, thanks.
---
http://thebulldogs.com.au/media/logo_2010.png - 2013 NRL Season - W/L: 1/2 - Last Game: Storm def Bulldogs 22-18 - Next Game: Rabbitohs
#9RavenoussdPosted 3/29/2013 5:42:27 PM

LOL
---
1055T | M4a77d | 6gb ddr2 | AMD 6870 | Sonata III | Antec 500w earthwatts | 500gb HD | 27" Monitor | Blu ray/dvd burner | Win 7 Prof | Razer BlackWidow Ult
#10metroid331Posted 3/29/2013 6:49:28 PM
happyscrub1 posted...

Technically Maxis would fix game issues as EA is just the publisher.
---
Prof. Membrane: "Son,There better not be any walking dead up there!"
Dib: "Nothing to worry about dad, and i said i was sorry about that!"