Are you satisfied with SimCity?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. SimCity
  3. Are you satisfied with SimCity?

User Info: MikeH7186

MikeH7186
4 years ago#11
I put in just over 300 hours before I started to lose interest. I still turn it on but it's hard to be creative given the limited options in terms of maps and terrain. After building a few cities on plots that have hills I just can't bring myself to build a completely flat lot because I find it generic and uninspired.

If it had a terrain editing tool I could easily invest another 300 hours into it. Probably take a small break and come back and invest another 100+ hours regardless.

User Info: Tenzhi

Tenzhi
4 years ago#12
I think I've put about 60 hours into it so far and I've been enjoying it in relatively small doses. 60 hours of enjoyment is more than I get out of most full price new games, so I'm pretty satisfied. It's buggy and I can think of a number of options I wish it had, but I can also say that about many other games I've played over the last several years.
Often, when you try too hard to act superior, the opposite occurs.

User Info: Borg1982

Borg1982
4 years ago#13
I'm not satisfied with my purchase because of the bugs & problems.

I think that it could have been the best-in-series without those, and also bigger city sizes.

Maybe fixes + additional content that we deserve for our money will happen, and I can say this game finally beat 3000 IMO.
Kain: Won't you call for help, doctor?
Dr. Lugae: Don't take me lightly or you'll get burned!

User Info: Caanimal

Caanimal
4 years ago#14
130 hours satisfied...

User Info: LightHawKnight

LightHawKnight
4 years ago#15
Was til I got rollbacks....
The Official Odin of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board.
"You know how confusing the whole good-evil concept is for me."

User Info: Laylow12

Laylow12
4 years ago#16
Ravenoussd posted...
No, but I have faith in EA fixing the A.I.

LOL
The Queen of Light took her bow, and then she turned to go.
The Prince of Peace embraced the gloom, and walked the night alone.-Battle of Evermore/Zeppelin

User Info: spankythesloth

spankythesloth
4 years ago#17
Don't think I have posted in this one yet so here it goes:

I've gotten a fair amount of enjoyment out of the game, but also an equal amount of frustration. In fact I don't think I've been this constantly frustrated with a game for quite some time. Same goes for bugs. I don't remember ever playing a game that was this buggy before. The fact that I can still get some enjoyment out of it despite the bugs is a testament to how amazing the game could have been if the bugs were dealt with before launch. I don't really think the enjoyment I've got outweighs the frustration though, so no, I'm not satisfied with the game.
Brushes with death are like snowflakes; each one is unique, and if you have enough of them you can make a snowman.
  1. Boards
  2. SimCity
  3. Are you satisfied with SimCity?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived