Are you satisfied with SimCity?

#11MikeH7186Posted 3/29/2013 7:58:24 PM
I put in just over 300 hours before I started to lose interest. I still turn it on but it's hard to be creative given the limited options in terms of maps and terrain. After building a few cities on plots that have hills I just can't bring myself to build a completely flat lot because I find it generic and uninspired.

If it had a terrain editing tool I could easily invest another 300 hours into it. Probably take a small break and come back and invest another 100+ hours regardless.
#12TenzhiPosted 3/29/2013 10:47:22 PM
I think I've put about 60 hours into it so far and I've been enjoying it in relatively small doses. 60 hours of enjoyment is more than I get out of most full price new games, so I'm pretty satisfied. It's buggy and I can think of a number of options I wish it had, but I can also say that about many other games I've played over the last several years.
---
Often, when you try too hard to act superior, the opposite occurs.
#13Borg1982Posted 3/29/2013 10:59:16 PM
I'm not satisfied with my purchase because of the bugs & problems.

I think that it could have been the best-in-series without those, and also bigger city sizes.

Maybe fixes + additional content that we deserve for our money will happen, and I can say this game finally beat 3000 IMO.
---
Kain: Won't you call for help, doctor?
Dr. Lugae: Don't take me lightly or you'll get burned!
#14CaanimalPosted 3/29/2013 10:59:29 PM
130 hours satisfied...
#15LightHawKnightPosted 3/29/2013 11:14:47 PM
Was til I got rollbacks....
---
The Official Odin of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board.
"You know how confusing the whole good-evil concept is for me."
#16Laylow12Posted 3/30/2013 9:08:42 PM
Ravenoussd posted...
No, but I have faith in EA fixing the A.I.

LOL

---
The Queen of Light took her bow, and then she turned to go.
The Prince of Peace embraced the gloom, and walked the night alone.-Battle of Evermore/Zeppelin
#17spankytheslothPosted 3/30/2013 9:18:18 PM
Don't think I have posted in this one yet so here it goes:

I've gotten a fair amount of enjoyment out of the game, but also an equal amount of frustration. In fact I don't think I've been this constantly frustrated with a game for quite some time. Same goes for bugs. I don't remember ever playing a game that was this buggy before. The fact that I can still get some enjoyment out of it despite the bugs is a testament to how amazing the game could have been if the bugs were dealt with before launch. I don't really think the enjoyment I've got outweighs the frustration though, so no, I'm not satisfied with the game.
---
Brushes with death are like snowflakes; each one is unique, and if you have enough of them you can make a snowman.