80,000 Sims in my city. Of those, only 8,000 are wokers, 2,000 are students.

#11bluemooglePosted 4/1/2013 10:28:29 PM
whitelytning posted...
Its pretty much the college graduate scene today. Although in SimCity the $1 trillion in student loan debt isn't a factor.

They probably spend a lot of time on video game message boards trolling games they don't own.

made me lol, hahaha
---
The statement below is true.
The statement above is false.
#12rikvanoostendePosted 4/1/2013 11:50:11 PM
ManiusPrime posted...
They fudge the numbers do to trying an abstract approach. The problem with that is they only do it to the population. They need to fudge the numbers on employment. If they can pack in 370k in such a small area. Why does the commercial jobs number so few.

Also, They should put the sims thought pattern to be to take a job they area actually qualified for. I have problems with them saying they need jobs, but there is job openings for their educational level. It really is annoying to say the least.

At least in Tropico you can just lower the requirements to get a college degree. That way everyone can run a nuclear plant!
---
'The last game was a lot better. This one is just a dumbed down spinoff, unworthy of its title, made for casual gamers.'
- Any 'hardcore' gamer on every sequel
#13HyperShadow4321Posted 4/2/2013 12:57:27 AM
Maybe your industry upgraded to a higher tech level, but your workers aren't skilled enough to do those jobs? That happens to me sometimes when I put down a College and the nearby buildings immediately rebuild into higher level tech buildings; however, since I just got the College, no one is skilled enough to do those jobs quite yet.
#14jhcho2Posted 4/2/2013 9:49:13 AM
Chargers_31 posted...
What exactly do the rest of the Sims do all day? I now have 9,000 unfilled jobs because I can't seem to get more workers.

I bet your city is mostly all high wealth citizens. High wealth citizens don't work. Low wealth ones do. It's only logical.
#15Chargers_31(Topic Creator)Posted 4/3/2013 8:24:54 PM
Chargers_31 posted...
What exactly do the rest of the Sims do all day? I now have 9,000 unfilled jobs because I can't seem to get more workers.

I bet your city is mostly all high wealth citizens. High wealth citizens don't work. Low wealth ones do. It's only logical.

Wrong. I only have about 3 high wealth buildings. It's about 60% low wealth, 35% medium wealth, 5% high wealth.
---
http://i47.tinypic.com/qybq4l.gif