EA Announced that they will takeover Nintendo

#1QuakeMan87Posted 4/1/2013 3:53:14 AM
This is not funny, i've just found that they will takeover nintendo since they lost a great deal of income after they killed simcity with that DRM and always hates customers for the issues.
---
GT: Antares8782
#2CrypticsPosted 4/1/2013 4:48:10 AM
It's an Aprils fools joke as you could clearly see on the front page of the poll on GameFAQS.
---
________( )====()_____________________.
I_|||||__/'''''''''[{]''''''''{_Pwned_}'''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''' Would you Kindly?
#3SedatedPosted 4/1/2013 5:33:43 AM
The funny part is if this was true I really wohldnt give a crap.

The only thing decent about nintendo is the occasional Zelda game and even that they keep doing that windwaker junk now.

It's all the same stuff I've played from nintendo since I was old enough to hold a NES controller...I just don't care anymore.

They released GameCube with mini discs...umm why? Was real nice getting the tiniest scratch on one of those things and it refusing to play.

The Wii is barely functional just like kinnect and whatever Sony calls their stupid version. Not to mention its a slightly upgraded ps2... I mean for as crappy as kinnect is at least Microsoft didn't build an entire console around it.

Now they release Wii u...it has a gamegear DS with it or something..who cares? The thing is a current gen console when we are right around the corner from the next gen.

I don't know what the deal is with Nintendo insisting on being behind a generation but I'm pretty sick of everything they do. I don't have anything against them really...I just don't seem to care about anything they do at this point. I own a 3ds and I kinda enjoy it...sometimes, that's about it.

Their 3rd party support has been atrocious ever since n64.

It almost blows my mind how they're still so successful and then I remember that they cater to casuals, children, and chicks. There's nothing wrong with that......I just don't see why they can't try to appeal to the more "traditional" gamer too but oh well...

P.S. I'm not saying motion technology is worthless...its cool and all and eventually will be a lot of fun but now? A controller that works most of the time or some of the time gets old REALLY fast. None of it is that responsive..maybe the Wii u is different but I doubt it.
---
NegiBozu203 posted...
Facts don't mean **** to me.
#4Kabuto_YPosted 4/1/2013 5:51:25 AM
Sedated posted...

It almost blows my mind how they're still so successful and then I remember that they cater to casuals, children, and chicks. There's nothing wrong with that......I just don't see why they can't try to appeal to the more "traditional" gamer too but oh well...

What do you consider a "traditional" gamer? Do you think SimCity players generally are? Or is there something else that makes someone a "traditional" gamer? It's kind of a thing that doesn't exist as a unified term like you think it does.

Fun fact: Call of Duty is so successful precisely because it appeals to casual gamers.
#5I Like ToastPosted 4/1/2013 6:23:07 AM
What do you consider a "traditional" gamer?

he plays Call of Duty and League of Legends and bashes SimCity. so Frat gamers basically..
---
http://mikelikesthis.net/
MGS 5 Officially Confirmed
#6darkace77450Posted 4/1/2013 6:33:41 AM
I Like Toast posted...

he plays Call of Duty and League of Legends and bashes SimCity. so Frat gamers basically..

Monday morning, time for Toast to begin another 40 hours of asinine trolling.
#7SedatedPosted 4/1/2013 1:58:49 PM
Kabuto_Y posted...
Sedated posted...

What do you consider a "traditional" gamer? Do you think SimCity players generally are? Or is there something else that makes someone a "traditional" gamer? It's kind of a thing that doesn't exist as a unified term like you think it does.

Fun fact: Call of Duty is so successful precisely because it appeals to casual gamers.

I never said it existed in a uniform term that's why I put quotation marks on it, I decided to go with traditional instead of "hardcore" because hardcore sounds like you want to grind experience points for hours on end but perhaps traditional wasn't the right term either.

I used it to try to get the point across that it would be nice if Nintendo would try to branch out a little and develop some games more geared towards adults, or even just branched out from their usual "Oh? It's a new generation? We better make a couple games of Mario, Metroid, Zelda, Mario Party, blah blah blah"

It would be nice if the tried to develop something really story driven/dialogue driven, something a little dark/gritty...it's all sunshine and lollipops over there.. I'm just not 7 anymore. Instead they just keep pumping out mostly the same silent characters of yesteryear. Which again, it's fine... people seem to like it..but that's all Nintendo brings to the table at this point and I'm personally over it.

I think it's a little hypocritical for people to get mad about sequels on one hand being money grabs but in a lot of ways that's most of nintendo's catalog...and they sell you a console to bring it to you, multiple consoles actually.

At the same time though Nintendo has been around forever and their methods clearly work, at least they aren't butchering franchises to give them mass appeal that doesn't exist or dumbing everything down in an attempt to make it all kid friendly, this is just what nintendo has always done. I'm just not their target audience anymore and that's fine but as a consumer it can still annoy me a bit.
---
NegiBozu203 posted...
#8meiyukiPosted 4/1/2013 2:07:23 PM
Sedated posted...

It would be nice if the tried to develop something really story driven/dialogue driven, something a little dark/gritty...it's all sunshine and lollipops over there.. I'm just not 7 anymore. Instead they just keep pumping out mostly the same silent characters of yesteryear. Which again, it's fine... people seem to like it..but that's all Nintendo brings to the table at this point and I'm personally over it.

Like metroid prime? Or xenoblade? Or fire emblem "I was ordered to retreat and get this message to you. Oh god I can still hear the screams of the other members of my unit being massacred, I should have been there, it's not right that they all died to allow me to escape." They make a bit of everything really.
#9clowningPosted 4/1/2013 2:20:17 PM
Sedated posted...
The funny part is if this was true I really wohldnt give a crap.

---
It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. ...one begins to twist facts to suit theories.... Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
#10SedatedPosted 4/1/2013 2:24:36 PM
darkace77450 posted...
I Like Toast posted...

Monday morning, time for Toast to begin another 40 hours of asinine trolling.

These forums are actually a fairly reasonable place where at least semi constructive debate can be had on the weekends. Then Toast comes back and it's all trololololol

Show us another video of your city on fire from your traffic problems.

but for the heck of it and because I'm so sporting and like talking about games in general and this topic might as well be the place for us to discuss other games.

Games I'm currently playing and enjoying:

1. Chivalry: I picked it up yesterday finally when I noticed it was on sale for 8 dollars. I wanted to get it for awhile but I had a 4870x2 and I didn't trust that game to work properly with crossifre. Now I have a new gpu and happened to see the sale so I grabbed it. It's not for everyone and it's far from perfect.. in a lot of ways you can say it's objectively a bad game even but damn it was worth the 8 bucks and I think I'd be happy with it for the full price of 25. If you haven't looked into it yet... check it out, it's a lot of fun, but can be rather hard...it's all multiplayer base.This game does have glitches/problems but it's not 60 dollars and they're not gamebreaking like Simcity.

2. Bioshock Infinite: It's a great game with amazing atmosphere, runs like butter too on the PC if your rig is decent. Does it reinvent bioshocks wheel in terms of gameplay? No, probably not. It does enough though.

3. Metal Gear Solid: Lots of fun, the sword mechanic of slashing everything up is awesome. It's over the top action all the way that will have you jumping from missle to missle and running down the sides of buildings and all that good stuff. It's a good time if you're into action.

4. Guild Wars 2: It's probably the best MMO out there currently unless you're somehow not burned out by WoW. I'm still burned out on the MMO genre in genral but there's a lot to like about this game for me.

5. God of war Ascension: God of war 3 disappointed me a little bit I actually enjoyed Dante's Inferno more. With that said I read up on this GOW some and so I went into it with lowered expectations. The scale is great but it has some problems that I never noticed before. Jumping is a nightmare...and the controls just feel clunky now, they need to be updated. The game also likes to zoom out to show scale...it looks cool but it gets really hard to keep track of Kratos or fight effectively. It's definitely my least favorite recent purchase, I'd suggest waiting until it's like 30 bucks for anyone interested. I haven't tried the multiplayer yet so maybe that's worth the price of admission...can't say yet.

I haven't got to play any of these games a real ton yet just with me having so much to play currently + life.

I play everything really, I like games in general. I play sports games, racing games, action games, adventure games, RPG's, JRPG's, MMO's, Simulators, RTS, puzzle games, FPS, 3PS... I don't think there's a genre I hate... except maybe MOBA games...I've tried them and simply don't like them...they're too passive and derpy for me but to each their own.
---
NegiBozu203 posted...