Anyone else having trouble with services?

#1SalOmegaPosted 4/2/2013 1:45:47 AM
So twice now i've started cities that are connected to other people's cities and twice now i've been unable to buy power water and sewage treatment from them. Has anyone else had this problem? I checked to make sure those cities had power and water before setting up next to them and the option to buy is right there but when I click it the power and water don't flow into my city at all, anyone know about this?

PS: In my own cities linked to each other I don't have this problem, do I need to visit the other cities before I can buy from them?
---
"This is what happens when you spend too much time hugging things, Sire." -Gnarl
#2rikvanoostendePosted 4/2/2013 2:04:59 AM
SalOmega posted...
So twice now i've started cities that are connected to other people's cities and twice now i've been unable to buy power water and sewage treatment from them. Has anyone else had this problem? I checked to make sure those cities had power and water before setting up next to them and the option to buy is right there but when I click it the power and water don't flow into my city at all, anyone know about this?

PS: In my own cities linked to each other I don't have this problem, do I need to visit the other cities before I can buy from them?

I don't know on which server you're playing but on Antarctica I've got those problems, and problems with university projects and city hall benefits not immediatly being shared between cities. Syncing takes up to an hour, and I guess the ongoing server problems are the cause.
---
'The last game was a lot better. This one is just a dumbed down spinoff, unworthy of its title, made for casual gamers.'
- Any 'hardcore' gamer on every sequel
#3I Like ToastPosted 4/2/2013 8:00:53 AM

they have to be connected by road to your city.

It's a dumb concept that makes the 16 player maps pretty meaningless as they're basically 4 groups of 4 cities.
---
http://mikelikesthis.net/
MGS 5 Officially Confirmed
#4SalOmega(Topic Creator)Posted 4/2/2013 9:33:26 PM
They are attached by road, I made sure of that. I had a problem with only having rail lines once and since then I made sure they were indeed connected by road. I wouldn't be able to buy the services if they weren't connected anyway so that isn't the problem. I buy it but the flow of power and water and out going sewage just never starts.
---
"This is what happens when you spend too much time hugging things, Sire." -Gnarl