Free Nissan Leaf charging station announced

#11SoulTrapperPosted 4/4/2013 5:00:00 AM
rikvanoostende posted...

Never been there myself, honestly. Yet. It's just my last name and a three hour drive from where I live ;)

I agree with you, on the point of keeping it balanced but EA did the same with British Petroleum in Simcity Societies and . They just slapped their logo on everything 'green' like windmills and solar panels, but they didn't make them free or OP or anything. (Guess that was before the Great Oil Spill)

Yeah, but they did make it fairly unbalanced here: a building providing free happiness at no cost is pretty OP.
---
PSN: El_Coon
#12SedatedPosted 4/4/2013 5:00:32 AM
rikvanoostende posted...
SoulTrapper posted...
rikvanoostende posted...
Hey if Fallout 3 featured Coca Cola instead of Nuka Cola and the game was sold for half price because of avertisement revenue, who am I to complain? This is the least annoying way to keep games affordable/profitable.

Problem would be that the Coca cola wouldn't have the negative effects (radiation) Nuka Cola has, because it would be bad for it's reputation.
Same as this charging station costs nothing, not even power.

It would be nice in some instances and if it's not too forced, especially if it would help keep prices down, I agree with that.

On an unrelated note: My family used to have a vacation house in Oostende, had a lot of fun there as a kid. Must be a nice place to live, as well.

Never been there myself, honestly. Yet. It's just my last name and a three hour drive from where I live ;)

I agree with you, on the point of keeping it balanced but EA did the same with British Petroleum in Simcity Societies and . They just slapped their logo on everything 'green' like windmills and solar panels, but they didn't make them free or OP or anything. (Guess that was before the Great Oil Spill)

@Sedated: I'm not talking about the game as a whole; you and Toast wrecked enough topics doing that. I was just talking about game developers using advertisement instead as a source of revenue.

Don't be naive. The money developers would make on advertising wouldn't trickle down to the consumer in the form of savings.
---
NegiBozu203 posted...
Facts don't mean **** to me.
#13rikvanoostendePosted 4/4/2013 5:16:15 AM
Sedated posted...
rikvanoostende posted...
SoulTrapper posted...
rikvanoostende posted...
Hey if Fallout 3 featured Coca Cola instead of Nuka Cola and the game was sold for half price because of avertisement revenue, who am I to complain? This is the least annoying way to keep games affordable/profitable.

Problem would be that the Coca cola wouldn't have the negative effects (radiation) Nuka Cola has, because it would be bad for it's reputation.
Same as this charging station costs nothing, not even power.

It would be nice in some instances and if it's not too forced, especially if it would help keep prices down, I agree with that.

On an unrelated note: My family used to have a vacation house in Oostende, had a lot of fun there as a kid. Must be a nice place to live, as well.

@Sedated: I'm not talking about the game as a whole; you and Toast wrecked enough topics doing that. I was just talking about game developers using advertisement instead as a source of revenue.

Don't be naive. The money developers would make on advertising wouldn't trickle down to the consumer in the form of savings.

Don't be cynical. Did you think EA would offer free games as comspensation for the bad launch if they didn't have deals like the one with Nissan to balance things out? In the end , somthing trickles down to us lowly consumers. And I don't care who's leaking - Nissan or EA.
---
'The last game was a lot better. This one is just a dumbed down spinoff, unworthy of its title, made for casual gamers.'
- Any 'hardcore' gamer on every sequel
#14SoulTrapperPosted 4/4/2013 5:38:51 AM(edited)
rikvanoostende posted...

Don't be cynical. Did you think EA would offer free games as comspensation for the bad launch if they didn't have deals like the one with Nissan to balance things out? In the end , somthing trickles down to us lowly consumers. And I don't care who's leaking - Nissan or EA.

Those free games are digital, so it doesn't cost them anything.

On top of that, how many people who bought this game were planning on buying any of those games they gave away? Maybe 10% or something.

And on top of that, they still make profits from the DLC people will buy separately.

Thinking that the free games was anything but a PR action to try and save their hides, or that it cost them anything and it was only thanks to the Nissan deal, is naive.
---
PSN: El_Coon