SimCity fan, thinking of getting this.

#1Marine1185Posted 4/3/2013 1:01:31 AM
Well, I want it. It's had a tough start, and the issues are fairly well known at this point. As I understand it, some people love this game. Of course, theirs plenty that don't. Would you recommend this game?
---
"They have no capacity to feel nor act alone, so they live as sell swords. Myrmidons, they're called." -Adaro
#2Virus100Posted 4/3/2013 1:02:44 AM
Not worth the risk of all the problems you could have. I'd wait for price drop.
#3Marine1185(Topic Creator)Posted 4/3/2013 1:18:38 AM(edited)
*Sigh* Yeah, kinda figured that. Exactly why I've avoided it up to this point. Hopefully it gets fixed soon... Want this game... bad...
Thanks!

---
"They have no capacity to feel nor act alone, so they live as sell swords. Myrmidons, they're called." -Adaro
#4I Like ToastPosted 4/3/2013 5:24:48 AM
i strongly recommend the two detailed user reviews on this site.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/pc/663025-simcity/reviews

both do a good job of showing what is good about the game and what is lacking about the game.

While i'm sure you'll have a swarm of people who don't own the game who will begin to try to scare you out of buying it. The fact of the matter is that servers have been stable since launch week past. While rollbacks happen, they are extremely rare. Cheetah speed was finally put back on the test servers this past weekend which should mean it's going to be brought completly back.

It is a reboot, not a sequel. If SimCity 4 was your favorite SimCity, you might want to wait until you can get this at 20-30. If the earlier ones were your favorite you're a little more likely to enjoy it. It's not as much of a true simulation as SimCity4 it goes back to the a little simpler more arcady feel of SimCity 2000 to me personally. Which happens to be my personal favorite. A part of why I never got much into SimCity4 was that as the game became more of a true simulation it became more complex and less fun to me personally.

If you have questions, feel free to ask. Whil there are about 5 or 6 users on this board or want to act like EA killed their first born son, the rest of the board is fairly helpful.
---
http://mikelikesthis.net/
MGS 5 Officially Confirmed
#5wickdawg01Posted 4/3/2013 5:57:22 AM
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/663025-simcity/65862421

Not saying you will have any problems but it is very likely. The game is "playable" but there are still bugs abound. IF you can make a city and it survives rollbacks and such you CAN have fun with this game.

My advice: Be very cautious
---
Karma will come to your house and wreck up the place.
------TimEnchanter
#6LugovesPosted 4/3/2013 6:09:52 AM
My biggest complaint is the small city size. Every time I start a city and just when I'm about to get things going where I want them I'm nearly out of space.
---
"I want to see more of Lugoves' posts. That *%$# cracks me up." - mrvercetti
#7Lord_VaderPosted 4/3/2013 7:10:13 AM
Well for one thing this game is extremely buggy right now. Sims might now show up for work in other cities. Regional trading is broken so water/power/goods/Sims might not be transported to other cities. Pathfinding is horrible which causes massive traffic jams. Service vehicles love to travel in herds which causes massive traffic jams while they get stuck. Before you know it the person in an ambulance can't get to the hospital or the firetruck is unable to put out a fire.

But besides the bugs, the game is a direct downgrade from SimCity 4. SC2013 has no mods, very small maps, non-contiguous cities, no subways, no ploppable highways, and no terraforming. Want to build a metropolis spanning multiple cities surrounded by farms/suburbs? You can't. The game really limits your creativity because of all the restrictions. If you want a true sandbox style city building game where you can pretty much build any type of city you want to, I'd get SimCity 4 Deluxe plus the mods from Simtropolis.com. You should definitely get the network addon mod for SimCity 4 since it adds a ton of new transportation options like high speed rail, trams, highway interchanges, etc.

I'd look at this review since it's pretty detailed and sums up most of the problems (bug and gameplay related) with this game: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GV_94TQUvBA
---
Live long and prosper.
#8meiyukiPosted 4/3/2013 7:19:14 AM
SC4 has more features and is a better game, not to mention it's very cheap. That game is just better than this game on every level except graphics.
#9Marine1185(Topic Creator)Posted 4/3/2013 7:49:54 AM
Good insight, and I will read the reviews you guys mentioned. Looking forward to enjoying this game eventually.
---
#10LugovesPosted 4/3/2013 7:50:02 AM
I do have to admit that be best part about buying SC2013 was getting SC4 Deluxe for free. :P

Lost that disc years ago lol.
---
"I want to see more of Lugoves' posts. That *%$# cracks me up." - mrvercetti