SimCity fan, thinking of getting this.

#11nogravyPosted 4/3/2013 12:22:08 PM
I would wait. I was like you, but not as patient. I was hoping they would improve SimCity 4 and I'm not wild about the changes they've made.

After having the freedom of creating a region exactly as I want and building a metropolis surrounded by suburbs and then rural areas, being shoehorned into little squares with huge spaces in between is a major letdown. I think this is what has me most disappointed with the game.

There is still an RCI bar, because who wants to play a city building simulator without one, but it doesn't have any real effect on gameplay anymore. I'm unhappy about that.

If they had added the improved graphics, city specialization, curved roads, multi-player capability(without the always online requirement) and the removal of the need to micromanage city services from SimCity(2013) to SimCity 4 I think I'd give the game a 10/10. The only thing I'd want then is for rivers/lakes to flow from higher elevations to lower.

As it is, I'd probably give it a 4/10, bumped up to a 5/10 once they take care of the bugs. It's not that it's a bad game, it's just that I've played the SimCity games in between the SNES version and this one, and Maxis has cut out to much of what I loved about the previous versions to really care about this one.