So the game is fixed now?

#1bnarmzPosted 4/3/2013 9:41:25 AM
I saw an ad with SimCity about to receive DL content (something to do with Nissan or something), so this lead me to thinking the game is finally fixed. So I logged onto this board to see whatís happening, and I see many people are happy playing the game, but there still are a few people saying the game is broken (in so many words). Strange, because I figure they would address the games issues first before putting out DL content for a game that isnít working well. So, is the current state of SimCity the final build, or will the fix be included in the upcoming DLC?
#2wickdawg01Posted 4/3/2013 9:48:57 AM
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/663025-simcity/65862421

Here are the problems im having as of last night.
---
Karma will come to your house and wreck up the place.
------TimEnchanter
#3bnarmz(Topic Creator)Posted 4/3/2013 9:57:00 AM
Wow, that sucks, One of the main reasons I'm afraid to buy this game. All that time wasted, smh.

thanks thou, for the heads up....
#4wickdawg01Posted 4/3/2013 10:09:00 AM
bnarmz posted...
Wow, that sucks, One of the main reasons I'm afraid to buy this game. All that time wasted, smh.

thanks thou, for the heads up....

I mean its not a totally bad game. I still had fun building my city up to the point it vanished. It's just such a letdown to spend time on something only to have it wasted.

And this isn't happening to everyone either. Just be warned this can happen.
---
Karma will come to your house and wreck up the place.
------TimEnchanter
#5Lord_VaderPosted 4/3/2013 10:42:04 AM(edited)
This game is still extremely buggy right now. Sims might now show up for work in other cities. Regional trading is broken so water/power/goods/Sims might not be transported to other cities. Pathfinding is horrible which causes massive traffic jams. Service vehicles love to travel in herds which causes massive traffic jams while they get stuck. Before you know it the person in an ambulance can't get to the hospital or the firetruck is unable to put out a fire. And of course the worst part as others have mentioned is the chance of having your city rolled back or even deleted because of faulty EA servers.

But besides the bugs, the game is a direct downgrade from SimCity 4. SC2013 has no mods, very small maps, non-contiguous cities, no subways, no ploppable highways, and no terraforming. Want to build a metropolis spanning multiple cities surrounded by farms/suburbs? You can't. The game really limits your creativity because of all the restrictions. If you want a true sandbox style city building game where you can pretty much build any type of city you want to, I'd get SimCity 4 Deluxe plus the mods from Simtropolis.com. You should definitely get the network addon mod for SimCity 4 since it adds a ton of new transportation options like high speed rail, trams, highway interchanges, etc. I wouldn't buy this game until they fix the bugs and/or there's am massive price drop to $20.

I'd look at this review since it's pretty detailed and sums up most of the problems (bug and gameplay related) with this game: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GV_94TQUvBA
---
Live long and prosper.
#6_Burnt_USS_Posted 4/3/2013 10:45:26 AM
i gifted another city 10 million and then loaded that city played for ten minutes received the gift, "city not processing correctly" rolled back..... ledger records a gift of 10 million actual money? 50,000 lol ...nooooooooo!!!!!!
---
The Outbreak series were the best
#7I Like ToastPosted 4/3/2013 10:50:31 AM
most people that own the game, are having an enjoyable time.
most people that don't own the game, really hate that people like the game and will come here to tell and pretend that it's still launch week and servers are constantly down.
---
http://mikelikesthis.net/
MGS 5 Officially Confirmed
#8KaiserDoomPosted 4/3/2013 11:33:44 AM
This game still has too many frustrations. Rollbacks are probably my biggest complaint followed by the insane traffic jams on the highway leading into a city with a single connection. Those traffic jams will cripple my economy.