Way too many diasters

#1KOYO_JPosted 4/5/2013 8:11:06 AM(edited)
Okay I get that some diasters are caused by the user, such as nuclear meltdown or the dinosaur popping up when garbage dump is full.

But just when my city is doing fine in every possible way (even with 0% tax ffs due to TV exports), now comes a bunch of meteors.

The worst thing about these meteors is that they cause radiation and now no one wants to live or work there anymore... FOREVER.. and it is not a small area.

Wow wtf. Every time I play this game I get at least 2 diasters per sitting.

Whose genius idea is it to put down so many frequent user-unpreventable PERMANENT damages to their cities...
#2MegabreathPosted 4/5/2013 8:40:10 AM
Why i play in sandbox, i can't be assed with disasters ruining my city
---
Beanz on toast
#3thefinalzapkeetPosted 4/5/2013 8:46:44 AM
what? meteors cause radiaion? I've never had that happen yet. Are you sure it's not blowing up your nuclear reactor?
---
Go the Distance is the most inspirational song ever
those that agree: 45
#4HyperShadow4321Posted 4/5/2013 9:04:38 AM
That's weird. I've put almost 50 hours into this game and I think I've only had a few disasters? An earthquake, a couple zombie outbreaks (which I think was caused by germs), and maybe a tornado?
#5TheVillageIdiotPosted 4/5/2013 9:06:43 AM
I agree that there should be a way to turn off or, at least disable individual, disasters. I had zombie outbreaks (seriously...even SimCity needs zombies?!) in 3 separate cities in a span of 2 hours when I was playing the other night. I'd love to be able to turn off all but tornado, earthquake, and meteors when I play. Those things are real natural disasters (nuclear meltdown I don't consider to be a 'natural disaster' and should always be in play). The regions should also have a modifier and visible indicator for which are more likely to happen, too. This would approximate the fact that different areas of the world have different disasters, i.e. tornadoes happen more often in the middle of the US, earthquakes happen on the west coast.
#6TheVillageIdiotPosted 4/5/2013 9:08:46 AM
HyperShadow4321 posted...
That's weird. I've put almost 50 hours into this game and I think I've only had a few disasters? An earthquake, a couple zombie outbreaks (which I think was caused by germs), and maybe a tornado?

Ahh, zombies caused by germs. That makes it make more sense as far as why I saw it so often, but I'd much prefer that there be a flu epidemic or something instead of stupid zombies.
#7LightHawKnightPosted 4/5/2013 9:33:27 AM
Bah, my dump was never full and the stupid lizard still attacked my city...
---
The Official Odin of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board.
"You know how confusing the whole good-evil concept is for me."
#8skrillas1337Posted 4/5/2013 10:27:10 AM
Megabreath posted...

thats why disasters should only be enabled in sandbox mode. regular mode should never have disasters. ea ****ed up on this issue, of course, one of many issues.
#9nickizgr8Posted 4/5/2013 1:50:29 PM
In one hour I had 3 ufo attacks a earthquake a tornado 2 giant lizard attacks a meteor strike.
#10ReDDevil2112Posted 4/5/2013 7:47:28 PM
Megabreath posted...

thats why disasters should only be enabled in sandbox mode. regular mode should never have disasters. ea ****ed up on this issue, of course, one of many issues.

Nah, disasters spice things up and keep you from settling in too much. The game is easy enough as it is. Disasters are pretty much necessary, though it should be an option for those who dont want it.

The giant lizard attacked my city twice in one hour and blew up my processor and trade ports both times, killing my only source of income, as well as destroying city hall, which stopped both the water and sewage treatment center from working at all, and led to a city wide blackout, which meant I couldnt create and sell electronics even if I rebuilt the facilities. Then my city was hit by a meteor. My city was brought to it's knees, but I recovered, and overcoming the challenge was fun.
---
They're a herd of people eating monsters! We can't let them have their way!!