EA: we are only getting votes beause people are homophobes

#11CELTEKKPosted 4/6/2013 9:48:23 PM
Sedated posted...
Hope everyone who bought this game feels great about them selves for supporting a company who hides behind gay people and tries to pretend if you hate EA its because you're an intolerant bigot who hated the cover of madden.

....and many of you still buy game from them? Seriously? Are you that addicted to video games that you really need your next fix this badly? Not to mention you got a broken piece of crap. Congratulations people, Job well done!

Wow bro. You need to relax. What do you care what people do with their money? Frankly it's none of your business, so take a chill pill and focus your anger on North Korea and people who abuse small animals.

If you hate the company and the game so much why don't you do something about it, instead of trolling a forum? Be proactive. Quit whining and do something. DO SOMETHING. My God you look like a sad little child constantly ripping people on here. It's pathetic.

I bought the game because I'm a SimCity fan. I'm not gonna say the game is perfect by ANY means, but its FUN. I buy games based on how fun they are to me. Who are you to criticize someone who spends their money how they want? They earned it, you punk, not you.

Finis.
---
"dimit canes bellum."
origin id: xmywillbedonex
#12darkace77450Posted 4/7/2013 1:03:20 AM
I wonder if they use these bull**** excuses in board meetings?
Board, "We're loathed! What gives!?"
Exec, "It's nothing; just a bunch of bigoted homophobes waging a smear campaign against us because we support the gay community."
#13SoulTrapperPosted 4/7/2013 1:34:01 AM
CELTEKK posted...

If you hate the company and the game so much why don't you do something about it, instead of trolling a forum? Be proactive. Quit whining and do something. DO SOMETHING. My God you look like a sad little child constantly ripping people on here. It's pathetic.

He IS doing something: telling everyone here how awful EA is and how they have zero respect for their customers. Which is proven time and again by them releasing buggy and unfinished games for $60.

And it's funny how you somehow think you're better then him while doing the exact same: "ripping" people for having a different opinion.

That said, I've only seen Sedated "rip" people who lie, people who claim all the bugs are fixed or that the game isn't broken.

I bought the game because I'm a SimCity fan. I'm not gonna say the game is perfect by ANY means, but its FUN. I buy games based on how fun they are to me. Who are you to criticize someone who spends their money how they want? They earned it, you punk, not you.

Finis.

"Fun" is a subjective criteria, it's great if you're having it, but bringing it up as an argument is just stupid.

Some people think it's fun to drink their own urine as well.

Some people were having fun until they lost 2 cities and hours of work due to server rollbacks.
Pretty sure that takes the fun right out of it.

If you honestly think this game in it's current state is worth $60, you have objectively low standards.

And again, who re you to criticize someone else for their opinion, while claiming the high ground because you have a different one. That's just ridiculous.

Pretty sure a lot of people were expecting to actually be able to play the game when they bought it.
They earned that as well, yet EA didn't let them.

And I'm pretty sure they didn't expect to lose hours of progress due to EA servers malfunctioning
Or did they not earn this either?

And I'm sure people were expecting a few bugs and glitches here and there, but the way it was and still is?
Pretty sure they earned the right to a game that at least has functioning traffic.

How about you criticize that, instead of someone expressing his valid complained about getting screwed over by a company who is about to win the Worst Company in America award for the second time in a row?
---
PSN: El_Coon
#14SedatedPosted 4/7/2013 2:26:02 AM
I'm doing pretty much the only thing you can possibly do.

Perhaps I'm supposed to go to EA HQ with a bomb strapped to my chest..? lol

Soultrapper already handled you nicely so I really have nothing more to say on the matter except for great job continuing to support a company that HIDES BEHIND GAY PEOPLE.

Maybe next year they can release a game with a black person in it amd when they win the award again tell us we're all racist!

Oh! I got it! They can release a game with a woman in it! Then say its because we hated that game since we're all a bunch of wife beating, male chauvenist, closet homosexuals.

This is so far past the point of "is simcity good?" The fact that simcity is bad is just the icing on the cake that reads "how the **** can anyone still support this company?"
---
NegiBozu203 posted...
Facts don't mean **** to me.
#15GoreGamerPosted 4/7/2013 4:12:32 AM
Genericgamer667 posted...
also i love how he brings up the injustice of being worse than BP

the one problem..the contest if for American companies. BP is uh BRITISH petroleum genius

Sadly nothing is 'British' anymore. Margret Thatcher made sure of that. When Obama et al poked BP, it hurt many Americans who had shares in the company.
#16lunchbox2042Posted 4/7/2013 5:15:14 AM
The problem is that, like Microsoft, they are so out of touch with their customer base that they need to make these baseless accusations to brush off their incompetence.
---
GT: Mr Fn Lunchbox
#17whitelytningPosted 4/7/2013 7:38:28 AM
EA is just trolling the haters.
---
http://i.imgur.com/iZdWIKJ.jpg
#18ThirdDegreePosted 4/7/2013 8:07:19 AM
Ha I like how no one cares about any of these reasons he presented. I don't want to call someone a liar but there probably were a few complaints about the cover athlete and this chump figured he'd lower the credibility of this contest by attaching something trivial to it.

I'm sure someone out there has a problem with LGBT in the sims games or whatever the hell they are referring to. And I'm sure those someones are onemillionmoms.com or whatever those crazy ladies call themselves. They go after anything and everything sexual in the media and anything pro lgbt. So I'm certain one of those moms on their has a kid and she saw him or her playing the Sims with a gay family or something and she went to her fellow loons and petitioned EA to remove it from their games. Then this clown decided to attempt a diversion by throwing trivial Madden nonsense and the touchy subject of homophobia out there.

Regardless, if they are still making money they don't give a crap about this contest.
---
gamertag: HndrdDollarBaby
PSN: HundrdDollarBaby
#19clowningPosted 4/7/2013 9:14:33 AM
The consumerist is a joke, and that article has so much editorializing and unsourced claims, it would have gotten an F in journalism class.

That said, Moore seems pretty clueless, too.
---
It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. ...one begins to twist facts to suit theories.... Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
#20DraconisRexPosted 4/7/2013 9:16:09 AM
DraconisRex posted...
Genericgamer667 posted...
http://consumerist.com/2013/04/05/ea-admits-it-can-do-better-but-blames-worst-company-success-on-homophobes-and-whiny-madden-fans/

they are digging their own grave here

Yeah, I saw that. And my answer remains that EA gets the votes because they release incomplete, bug-filled games at $60 a pop then expect us to suffer for months-and-months as they ineptly patch it as well as drop another $40-to-$100 in DLC and micro-transactions to get the same level of playability I get from a $50 game like The Witcher 2...

ME3, 15-to-20 hours to play through requires multiple expansion packs to get 40-to-50 hour game with a reasonable (and not generous) number of relatively-simple side-missions, armor skins and alternative weapons. Total cost of the expansions, about $55 USD.

Or, enough money spent on one average CRPG to buy 2 good, full-length CRPGs where I can expect each to last between 50-and-80 hours. And, of course, there is the constant milking of EA franchises to death. Madden. Sims. Etc. Etc. Etc.

And here we are, just a few days after I made this post...:

Throughout a launch debacle that was characterized by broken servers, temporarily scaled back features, and numerous simulation bugs, at least SimCity backers could proudly say that the game wasn't infested with any sort of annoying in-game advertising. That's no longer true, however, as the first bit of post-release downloadable content (DLC) for the game adds a Nissan Leaf charging station to your city.

http://arstechnica.com/gaming/2013/04/simcitys-first-post-release-dlc-is-a-nissan-ad/

And now it's in-game advertising... And EA apologists, please don't act like this was recently thrown in to 'make nice.' This crap was planned a long time ago and it's EA's deliberate broken-game, franchise-milking way to monetize their customer base in every way possible.
---
Ding-Dong! The Witch Is Dead