EA: we are only getting votes beause people are homophobes

#31SoulTrapperPosted 4/8/2013 6:17:27 AM
CELTEKK posted...

So someone who is married to an obese person is subjected to your own standards? Please kid, quit while you are ahead... I pre-ordered this game, not really knowing all the problems this game was going to have. Believe me, that will affect my future pre-release purchases. But to say I have low standards? Pipe down, you have no right to judge anyone.

I'm not going to say that that person is wrong for marrying that woman, but I will say that that woman is not a healthy person.

Same thing with this game: it's fine if people like it and think it's fun, but they're lying if they claim the game is good.

I have every right to judge you, as you judge people just the same. I'll post what you said once again, again pointing out your hypocrisy:

My God you look like a sad little child constantly ripping people on here. It's pathetic.

I would address more of your post but I'm running out of room, and frankly I do not want to get into an argument with either you or Sedated on the boards, where more constructive debate can be had.

You never wanted to debate anything, you just wanted to flame Sedated because he hurt your feelings.

Again, it's fine if you like the game, it's great if you think it's fun, but you're wrong and lying if you say the game is good or worth $60 at this point.
---
PSN: El_Coon
#32SoulTrapperPosted 4/8/2013 6:17:32 AM
CELTEKK posted...

Really, posting on a board that EA doesn't even look at is doing something? How about starting a petition? Organizing people who are unsatisfied with EA Games to start something bigger? Do something that EA will pay attention to. This board really isn't a great place to do that.

EA knows they're an awful company, the point is not to get EA to notice, it's getting people buying EA games to notice.
Hence why this is the perfect forum for it.

There have been petitions against EA already, they don't even bother replying.

http://www.change.org/petitions/electronic-arts-inc-remove-always-online-drm-from-simcity-and-future-games

77.000 signatures.

I never once said I was better than anyone. In fact, that's what Sedated was doing. Putting people down based on their own personal decisions. Sounds like something else that has been discussed here. Putting people down based on the decisions they make in their lives. Sounds oddly familiar... hmm.

No, you didn't say it, but you're acting like you are.

And again, that's the same thing you were doing:

If you hate the company and the game so much why don't you do something about it, instead of trolling a forum? Be proactive. Quit whining and do something. DO SOMETHING. My God you look like a sad little child constantly ripping people on here. It's pathetic.

Which is why it's so funny that you somehow think you're better or not doing the exact same thing.

He's been butting in on threads all over this board, antagonizing people who support this game despite it's flaws. This game was published by EA, but designed by Maxis. Maybe there are some Maxis supporters out there? No doubt EA threw it's weight around, forcing decisions on Maxis. They might not have had much say in the bigger design decisions.

No, supporting the game is fine, denying it's a buggy mess is not. Because that's lying.

Maxis is long dead, it's just EA now.

Maxis is a brand of EA, same with Bioware. The actual studios are long since dead.

Now you are arguing semantics. I'm speaking in pretty obvious terms here. I play games based on their "fun factor." If I decide a game is fun, who are you to say differently? Let the people decide how fun something is. Even if drinking your own urine is fun, who are YOU to say otherwise? Sure, it's not fun or right for you, (who knows, maybe it is?) but that doesn't mean you can belittle someone who thinks it is. Pretty subjective, no?

That's great, lots of people do, but don't use "fun" as an argument as to why a game is good.
Since the two are completely unrelated.

A buggy game that is unplayable for the first few days, causes people to lose hours of progress and entire cities is not a good game, no matter how fun it might be.
---
#33mfv12979Posted 4/8/2013 11:25:00 AM(edited)
No matter what EA does, people still buy their games. EA flooded with emails and protests and even voting them the worst company? Even with all the negativity people do at EA by the end of the day people will be buying a game made by EA. Voicing your concern is a good step but the biggest step is voting with your wallet.
---
copy ninja Kakashi has copied a thousand jutsu and i'm going to use them to their fullest Extent! - Kakashi Sensei Ep 266
#34RavenoussdPosted 4/8/2013 1:53:43 PM
Winning this contest means your customers are trying to tell you something. And that something is that you, out of all the companies, most deserve a plastic poop trophy.

man if there was a such thing like a kickstarter for this, i'd chip in!!
---
1055T | M4a77d | 6gb ddr2 | AMD 6870 | Sonata III | Antec 500w earthwatts | 500gb HD | 27" Monitor | Blu ray/dvd burner | Win 7 Prof | Razer BlackWidow Ult
#35SSJ2__GohanPosted 4/8/2013 2:26:42 PM
The best thing is that EA hiding behind gay people has been expected already. See this: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/663025-simcity/65645415

Yep, an anti-homophobia video released during the time EA was under fire. And now we got the inevitable conclusion.
#36LordPonchoPosted 4/8/2013 5:20:23 PM
SSJ2__Gohan posted...
The best thing is that EA hiding behind gay people has been expected already. See this: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/663025-simcity/65645415

Yep, an anti-homophobia video released during the time EA was under fire. And now we got the inevitable conclusion.

A video/event planned months in advance. Dots aren't exactly connecting in this case. EA clearly didn't foresee the launch issues. So to act as if they threw together an anti homophobia thing tk cover themselves when it was in fact several months planned out is just stretching too far.
---
"lol der was a shdow on my carpet but ti looked like a stane and tried to clen it up but ti was a shadoow" -Ghost4800
#37SSJ2__GohanPosted 4/8/2013 5:41:13 PM
LordPoncho posted...
SSJ2__Gohan posted...

A video/event planned months in advance. Dots aren't exactly connecting in this case. EA clearly didn't foresee the launch issues. So to act as if they threw together an anti homophobia thing tk cover themselves when it was in fact several months planned out is just stretching too far.

For a company like EA, such a video is thrown together in a day tops. Also, there's no event: they just gave it a catchline and that's that. And of course: perhaps they did record it sooner, but specifically chose that date to post it.

But anyway, let's assume you're 100% right: that still doesn't take away EA's doing the same old thing (throw an anti-gay campaign, then call people homophobes for hating something from EA, or EA itself), just without the "covering up Simcity's problems"-part in that case.
#38MadigariPosted 4/8/2013 11:00:54 PM(edited)
I don't agree with their claims regarding the Consumerist poll, but saying they only put out a pro-gay stance to use it as a card later is misguided as well. EA could have just put out a video, done any other non-committal behaviors, and so on. But they've spent no small amount of company resources towards gay rights, up to and including filing a brief stating their opposition to DOMA.

http://kotaku.com/5927547/ea-zynga-microsoft-support-challenge-to-defense-of-marriage-act

So, again, usage of it in this case is inappropriate. It doesn't render their motivations or actions towards gay rights as purely selfish, however.
---
Gamertag is Madigari, for both Xbox 360 and PSN.
If you can't get what you want, then you come with me.
#39SoulTrapperPosted 4/9/2013 1:26:24 AM
Madigari posted...
I don't agree with their claims regarding the Consumerist poll, but saying they only put out a pro-gay stance to use it as a card later is misguided as well. EA could have just put out a video, done any other non-committal behaviors, and so on. But they've spent no small amount of company resources towards gay rights, up to and including filing a brief stating their opposition to DOMA.

http://kotaku.com/5927547/ea-zynga-microsoft-support-challenge-to-defense-of-marriage-act

So, again, usage of it in this case is inappropriate. It doesn't render their motivations or actions towards gay rights as purely selfish, however.

They did the same thing last year:

https://www.allout.org/en/actions/theforce

This came right after winning the award.

Their support for the LGBT community by itself would be great, but they're not doing it to support gay rights, they're using them as a shield.

Plenty of other games have homosexual relationships (see pic) , yet no one gives a damn there, why would it be different in EA games?

http://oi49.tinypic.com/2m4yb1x.jpg

EA isn't in it to support gay rights, they're doing it because it's one of the few things remaining that puts the company in a positive spotlight.
---
#40SedatedPosted 4/9/2013 1:41:25 AM
SoulTrapper posted...

EA knows they're an awful company, the point is not to get EA to notice, it's getting people buying EA games to notice.
Hence why this is the perfect forum for it.

---
NegiBozu203 posted...
Facts don't mean **** to me.