The First DLC is a Nissan Ad...

#21Drippy89Posted 4/8/2013 9:32:51 PM
PG50 posted...
A free optional DLC is not something to whine about. The game has problems, but free stuff is NOT a problem.

I think you are missing the bigger picture. Eventually this entire game is going to be a walking billboard. EA is beautifying the DLC as "realistic and free", but behind closed doors EA only sees $$$.

I would feel better about this advertisement if EA didn't rake in money because of it and it offered real value to the game.
#22clowningPosted 4/8/2013 11:09:39 PM
BEAMS_ae86 posted...

I know this because of common sense.

I don't think you know what "common sense" is. You also don't seem to know what "knowledge" is (Hint: they are not the same thing). What a sad state of affairs.

I think it's hilarious that some people are upset about EA making money through ads. It's so telling. The DLC is very cheesy and lame. If you're going to get upset about free optional content, then be upset about how lame it is, not about EA making money.
---
It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. ...one begins to twist facts to suit theories.... Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
#23SoulTrapperPosted 4/9/2013 2:02:29 AM(edited)
clowning posted...

I don't think you know what "common sense" is. You also don't seem to know what "knowledge" is (Hint: they are not the same thing). What a sad state of affairs.

I think it's hilarious that some people are upset about EA making money through ads. It's so telling. The DLC is very cheesy and lame. If you're going to get upset about free optional content, then be upset about how lame it is, not about EA making money.

Why don't you try replying to the entire post instead?

SoulTrapper posted...
clowning posted...

And you know this how, exactly? Why do you treat your absolute ignorance as a license to invent so-called "facts"?

If you don't want it, don't d/l it. It's a garbage promo for a garbage car that costs you nothing. How exactly does this cause you pain?

I know this because of common sense.

Why would a developer add a charging station that doesn't cost power or labor to run in a simulation game?
Can you give me one good reason as to why an electrical recharge station doesn't cost anything in a simulation game, that isn't purely because it's an advertisement?

The only reason that isn't "insanity", is because it's an advertisement and the people paying for it want their product to come out looking as good as possible: no negative effects.

The "if you don't want it, don't download it" thing is stupid.

It's the same as if people started living next a factory that suddenly started dumping it's unfiltered exhaust gas in the air and telling them "if you don't want it, just don't open your windows".

Problem with this, is that it further demonstrates that EA doesn't give a crap about making the game balanced or making their advertisements even somewhat realistic, if it doesn't suit the advertisers.

They should design this game for the people playing it, not for the advertisers.

---
PSN: El_Coon
#24Twinrova225Posted 4/9/2013 8:28:36 PM
The point being made is that it's free and non-essential, and therefore, does not detract from the experience what so ever.

Besides, the only reason it's free is because it's got Nissan stamped all over it. If it was generic, you can bet it'd have a price tag for it.
---
"Cid is badass. He's old and still crackin'. He can fight underwater with a lit cigarette in his mouth. He drinks the goddamn tea." -Gaming_Mastery
#25BEAMS_ae86Posted 4/9/2013 11:06:50 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#26clowningPosted 4/9/2013 11:22:47 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#27clowningPosted 4/9/2013 11:33:27 PM
SoulTrapper posted...

Why don't you try replying to the entire post instead?

Because the entire post does not change the error that concerns me. Speculate all you want, but it is still speculation, not knowledge or common sense.

And my apologies for mis-attributing the quote.
---
It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. ...one begins to twist facts to suit theories.... Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
#28SoulTrapperPosted 4/10/2013 4:26:52 AM
clowning posted...

Because the entire post does not change the error that concerns me. Speculate all you want, but it is still speculation, not knowledge or common sense.

And my apologies for mis-attributing the quote.

No, it's simple logic:

EA gets paid for however many downloads they get for the DLC.
So the best way to get many downloads is by making it free and have no negative effects.
It doesn't even cost any power or labor to run.

This is a publisher sacrificing game play and balance in favor of advertisements, simple as that.
---
PSN: El_Coon