SimCity on Athlon II 2.0 ghz ATI mobility HD 4570 512 mb ?

#1spyrmacPosted 4/9/2013 5:41:54 AM
will it run ?

i 'd hate to buy the game and not run

i know it's going to be on low settings if it runs but i just want to play it .

also any news on the mac version ?

i have a 24 '' early 2009 imac with a better cpu ( intel core2duo 2.93 ghz ) 8 gb ram
BUT nvidia gt 120 256 mb which is exactly the minimum ( as far as the gpu is concerned - 265 mb )
#2ReDDevil2112Posted 4/9/2013 8:36:24 AM
I dont know about the first one, but the second machine IIRC meets the minimum requirements, so you should be good. But im not an expert so you might want to wait for someone else to confirm. All I know is my computer doesnt meet the minimum requirements and I can run the game anyway, it just gets laggy when the city becomes very big, but it's still playable.
---
They're a herd of people eating monsters! We can't let them have their way!!
#3DeftallicaPosted 4/9/2013 6:29:24 PM
www.systemrequirementslab.com

It's usually pretty reliable on gauging how well your PC will handle a game.
---
GT: Deftallica
SC2: Deftallica Code: 529
#4ReDDevil2112Posted 4/9/2013 6:56:38 PM
Not really, it told me I couldnt run the game :/
---
#5SedatedPosted 4/10/2013 7:34:31 PM
ReDDevil2112 posted...
Not really, it told me I couldnt run the game :/

Sounds like you got your answer
---
NegiBozu203 posted...
Facts don't mean **** to me.
#6spyrmac(Topic Creator)Posted 4/14/2013 1:10:46 PM
ReDDevil2112 posted...
I dont know about the first one, but the second machine IIRC meets the minimum requirements, so you should be good. But im not an expert so you might want to wait for someone else to confirm. All I know is my computer doesnt meet the minimum requirements and I can run the game anyway, it just gets laggy when the city becomes very big, but it's still playable.

so it has more chances on the mac with the gt 120 256 mb and not on the win laptop with a 512 mb graphics ?

and you run it even your pc is below minimum ?
then i ''ll try it

the price is a bit steep though

( if i get the pc version - retail copy - will i get the mac version ? any news on that )

thanks for the help !
#7ReDDevil2112Posted 4/14/2013 4:55:01 PM
Oh I didnt realize one was mac and one was PC. Yeah I'm not really good with these things so I cant give you too much help, unfortunately. All I can say is that the game seems to be designed to run on most machines, and that you dont need to meet the minimum requirements to play the game. But you might want to wait for someone to give you a more conclusive answer before spending your money. Sorry I couldnt be of more help.
---