So about that Mac version

#1wwervinPosted 4/9/2013 9:05:44 AM
Is it coming or what? They were supposed to talk about it last month and then last I heard was they would announce something early this month but nothing has happened yet. I haven't seen any shred of information about it whatsoever lately. There's no release date at all for it.

This is very frustrating. There's actually a pretty big Mac community out there that's been starved for good quality gaming and they're just completely ignoring us.

I go back to grad school in the summer so I figured I'd get something new to play during the spring before things get hectic. I was looking forward to this game for a while now and I see absolutely nothing about it. Anybody know anything?

PS: The Mac board is pretty much dead for this game. Every single topic has been locked. It's as if even the GF mods don't want us discussing it. Weird..
#2jaijasty2Posted 4/9/2013 3:16:15 PM
USE BOOTCAMP!

theres your answer
---
Youtube Channel at youtube.com/user/jaijasty Gamefaqs jaijasty2 ,Chatango: Jaijasty2,Facebook Jai Jasty,Youtube Jai Jasty See ya MATT
#3xoxide124Posted 4/9/2013 3:18:37 PM
jaijasty2 posted...
USE BOOTCAMP!

theres your answer

i have a power pc xeon .. so i'm waiting for it as well.. dunno .. i'm not sure what state the mac edition will be in at this point
#4wwervin(Topic Creator)Posted 4/9/2013 4:19:08 PM
jaijasty2 posted...
USE BOOTCAMP!

theres your answer

That's not a good solution, especially given that the game is coming out soon with native Mac support. I don't wanna have to boot up Windows every time I wanna play this game. Get off your PC high horse. I was asking if anyone knew anything about the release or an announcement, not for your elitist BS.
#5Lord_BadmagicPosted 4/10/2013 5:48:15 AM
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/663026-simcity
---
"Whatever blows your hair back"
#6ArcholmPosted 4/10/2013 10:14:05 AM
not for your elitist BS.

Said the Mac user LOL
#7I Like ToastPosted 4/10/2013 10:56:52 AM
Coming 6/11/13, will be cross buy. i.e. if you own the pc version, you own the mac version. if you own the mac version you own the pc version. Surprising EA actually did that, but steam forces them to compete with steamplay.
---
http://mikelikesthis.net/
MGS 5 Officially Confirmed
#8jaijasty2Posted 4/10/2013 12:24:04 PM
Then wait. I wouldn't personally mind booting up windows everytime I play the game. Like stated above from toast, u can actually buy it right now, play it bootcamp, and then when it releases, play it on Mac. It isn't that hard.

P.S. : when u said they were locked by the moderators, I was shocked. When I saw the Mac board, they weren't locked, they were archived -_-
It happens when the topic is inactive for 30 days and no one can vote if it is a poll. Locked it only possible when the TC decides to close it so there is no discussing but u can still vote until the TC closes it as well.
When a moderator closes a topic of anothers' it gets deleted. If it was a previous sticky topic, it gets reviewed by two others as well. If it is not good, gets locked or deleted, a 50/50 shot.

HOPE IT HELPS :)
---
Youtube Channel at youtube.com/user/jaijasty Gamefaqs jaijasty2 ,Chatango: Jaijasty2,Facebook Jai Jasty,Youtube Jai Jasty See ya MATT