Skim Milk SimCity

#1xoxide124Posted 4/9/2013 9:37:22 AM
If you remember the teaser and trailer that was shown and then a second edition where Tip and Quigley explained each and every part of the teaser and how the engine would work.. it doesn't come close to what we got.

we were left with what i'm now calling

Skim Milk Simcity

They have stated they intentionally took out alot of detail to make it more fun and that the details made the game to complicated and took away how fun the game was.

I personally think its a story and of bait and switch... a story of we promise the fans and for our 10 year release from SC4 we promise you this Teaser

So.

where is the monster truck eating dino.. where is the hydro plant that couldn't work because of polution in the water.

where is the two users interactive game play were they are suppose to work together in order to create a central power plant on an ISLAND.. and yet if the game works as it is.. that island was never connected to either side if you remember the video.. since the Agents travel on roads.. how would that even be possible.

where are the mobs crossing the bridges which those models are not even in the game.

what happnened to all those types of buildings and agents that were there in the teaser that are now gone..

fluff.. they took the teaser and even removed what they showed up till launch what the game would be like

very sad

where is the massive cargo ship
where is the massive hydro electric plant
where is the massive ship yard with train and tons of action moving parts
where is the magic of the halo around the objects as you move them and plop them with all the smoke and dirt being kicked up in the air
where is the open dome stadium with seats and retractable roof and fire robo inside and big screen tv for the people to watch
where is the tech city with animation of a statue on top of a building being unvailed
where is the electric flickering in the city when power doesn't work right or is failing
where is the high tech facility that can blow off an EMP taking out half of the map
where is the mob on both sides running towards a bridge with tortches in hand since there is no power
where is the massive telescope you can build or have built when playing
where are those sleak building of glass all white and metal
where is the giant earthing moving earth mover

fact is .. if you look at the trailer / teaser its nothing like what we got.. period..

sad that if you read between the lines the engine could very well do it all.. and over a year ago they had a version of the game we would have enjoyed and we got what .. watered down simcity..

They took most likely took a very amazing skunkworks edition of the game and started carving out the best of what we were promised and left us with

Skim Milk Simcity

Any thoughts? specially since we have seen now some amazing work done with tricks to create freeway interchanges on reddit and all the tweets about changes and how they want were wanting to do xyz and broken promises along with lies..

we still got

Skim Milk Simcity
#2poweryogaPosted 4/9/2013 11:17:29 AM
DLC. EA will nickle and dime you for everything.
#3thebeaslePosted 4/9/2013 1:28:06 PM
xoxide124 posted...

fact is .. if you look at the trailer / teaser its nothing like what we got.. period..

sad that if you read between the lines the engine could very well do it all.. and over a year ago they had a version of the game we would have enjoyed and we got what .. watered down simcity..

They took most likely took a very amazing skunkworks edition of the game and started carving out the best of what we were promised and left us with

Skim Milk Simcity

Any thoughts? specially since we have seen now some amazing work done with tricks to create freeway interchanges on reddit and all the tweets about changes and how they want were wanting to do xyz and broken promises along with lies..

we still got

Skim Milk Simcity

Well yeah but it's an EA game. What did you expect?
#4xoxide124(Topic Creator)Posted 4/9/2013 1:54:34 PM
Ok.. lets stick to facts not fluff

here is the 2012 E3 Trailer / Demo LIVE .. and if you notice.. WOW things we dont have.. amazing they are showing us modules and ways things work that were just REMOVED.. due to complexity?

power lines are complex yet existed.. they showed it was even a solution to FIXING a power issue.. NO joke.. live on stage infront of people.. hmmm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f-kUpmXJUHY

the original trailer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IMxWvjlQKB8
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6vqg_kBqPBg

Enjoy this replay of the first ever Maxis Live Broadcast featuring a SimCity Q&A session with Lead Producer Kip Katsarelis and Producer Jason Haber answering top community questions moderated by Ian Fox of long-time community site Simtropolis. In addition to answering questions, witness the world premiere of live SimCity gameplay, including a first-look at one of the many disasters in the game!

here is another one with completely different zoneing

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SvpjZkAzXKQ

and another one being explained at e3 with Kip

fact is.. alot was removed and it looks like if you follow video footage.. about october of last year.. the game changed.. from version (what we have been working on for the last 3 yeras in the skunkworks) to ea's / maxis

skim milk simcity

this is not just DLC changes ... even look carefully at the way things move .. its not the same... more than we may ever know changed at point X in time to launch .. last 6 months..

maybe they were to complex and over thier heads.. THAT i would believe but they removed alot of things.. and when i say alot.. nearly 80% of what was described showed and previewed was removed from trailer, e3 launch video and previews, trailers and promised features

powerlines existed folks its there in footage.. from the author.. and it was a solution to power over areas not covered by roads.. zoning was different and showed more of a texture and size of area not just this little green line near road.. you could zone differently

all the things we were waiting for and wanting plucked out of the game in the last 7 months of development

why? who knows but what are we left with

Skim Milk SimCity with false promises and broken dreams and a broken game
#5poweryogaPosted 4/9/2013 2:34:59 PM
as much as I agree with you, demos or trailers are almost always spoofed or hacked together to make it look like they have more content then there is.
#6nonamesleftduhPosted 4/9/2013 2:46:45 PM
Wasn't there a different topic where you said the same thing, or was this revived. Also, how many more times can you call it skim milk simcity? Its not funny, and not original. As for the game? I offer no opinion.
---
psn: snoosnaa D2/D3: snoosnaa
My name in binary: 0101010001111001011011000110010101110010
#7xoxide124(Topic Creator)Posted 4/9/2013 2:55:40 PM
poweryoga posted...
as much as I agree with you, demos or trailers are almost always spoofed or hacked together to make it look like they have more content then there is.

I normally agree.. until they go to the point of demo and showing working features in multiple locations and did so for nearly a year before something changed.

we get the explaination of they made and needed to simplify the game.. however i dont buy it it to be hoenst.

10 years of work, showing all this amazing work and Tip and Quig going out of thier way to say for the fans ..

even the fact that they showed alot of features in and at not only trailer, but e3 (which is benchmark points of progress and development) and it continued till as far as i can notice october of 2012 .. when things stopped being what they were showing.

In deed they went from what we expected to a nearly 180 change in direction and again we may never know why.

for the concept of the central power on an island to work .. we know from experience power lines or some connection would have to be made.. underwater cable something

power lines existed.. they were removed.

so they have all agents now travelling via road.. but if you look carefully and i'm saying look at as much footage as you can.. and pick every detail apart.. behavior changed completely in the game

al of footage i see shows walking sims doing much more realistic behavior, traffic changing lanes to the correct lane to make a turn left as well as right.. cars actually not filling up 1 lane but all 3 lanes.. if they were going straight or turning.. they would go around other cars and traffic

police and fire worked differently

so its like they threw out alot of things and rushed to create skim milk simcity

we are being told a story.. a story that doesn't match fact or documented information .. information that the authors themselves announced and then changed thier minds during pre launch.. launch and post launch..

again we may never know the truth but there is more to this than just what we see or are being told or not told.. between the lies is a completely different truth that doesn't yet make sense

i loved this game.. i was waiting ever since the trailer to get my hands on it.. and now i'm playing anno 2070 and wasted 160$ for two copies of a broken game thats watered down..

so i'm not being a hater.. i'm not being some poser saying i dont know the game.. i have put 300+ hours into it..

its not the same game.. its not what we were promised and its not the engine.. its the code on top.. the layers between graphics and engine.. they changed the agents and the way agents behave and made them dumber .. they dumbed down the engine for a reason they are not telling us but have explained its for our own benifit as a gamer experience.. i'm not buying it

especially when i see much more working demos with intact objects and less problems then in the final release than in alphas.. i'm now digging for more alpha information and footage..

and code..

the truth is there.. i'm just determined to find out..

why were we giving skim milk when we paid for and expected whipped cream

there is more than one version of this game .. maybe 3.. who knows.. but to much was altered in the last 6 months of development and i'm just not buying it

<shrug>
#8GastroidPosted 4/9/2013 11:44:59 PM
Maxis did the exact same thing with Spore, starting out grand and then making the gameplay as shallow and casual as possible. It's merely what's to be expected from the company now. Complex and deep just hasn't been a part of their business model for years now.
---
Judicoid
Judicator-variant Android
#9SlyClone2kPosted 4/10/2013 4:57:30 AM
I guess you don't do the grocery shopping. Its skimmed milk. Not skim. And yes, I think people get what you're trying to say without repeating it every couple of dozen words.

A lot of the content of the post looks vaguely familiar. Did you resurrect this thread or did you steal it from the EA site?

You want to get to the bottom of why Maxis decided to put out SimCity-lite? Why don't you read some of the blogs and articles that have already been submitted by the devs. Quite frankly that's all information you're going to get - because sure as eggs none of the devs are going to come to GFQs and give you an answer.

But in case you haven't seen them already it boils down to them saying "we don't think people were smart enough to get all the good ideas we had, so we took them out"

This post is a bit disappointing really, on the basis of some of your earlier posts I felt you had some interesting points, but this post is tired and covers nothing new at all.

Finally, like Gastroid says, Maxis did exactly the same with Spore. It should come as no surprise to anyone with any experience of Maxis that the game they've put out is not the same as the game that was hinted at.

Maxis used to be a respected developer (for me at least) but I don't really feel that way anymore. One might blame EA for putting pressure on their developer amidst spiralling development costs and offset it against EA's current share meltdown. But that's simply speculation as only the board members of Maxis and EA really know what's been demanded.

That said even though Will Wright is long gone from Maxis he should be turning in his sandbox at the demise of his once beloved label.
---
"Have to start remembering there are 4 versions of reality.. past, present, Ea and pr.." - xoxide124
#10KhadgarPosted 4/10/2013 5:20:54 AM(edited)
SlyClone2k posted...
I guess you don't do the grocery shopping. Its skimmed milk. Not skim. And yes, I think people get what you're trying to say without repeating it every couple of dozen words.

http://www.aedairy.com/products.cfm?ProductCategoryID=53ee2679-65be-f4bb-adf0-0af9721d3834&ProductID=abdfa704-65be-f4bb-aad0-c39dc0e74656