Skim Milk SimCity

#21xoxide124(Topic Creator)Posted 4/10/2013 2:37:21 PM
SlyClone2k posted...
Much better points put Xoxide. :)

Did you play spore? Check out some of the early videos. Spore polarized opinion a lot like Simcity has. Not only that but some of the post dev comments have generated exactly the same replies. (i.e. we didn't think people would get it)

Personally I enjoyed Spore (and the 3 time DRM never caused me a problem). But I can see why it annoyed people, the early videos (which you can still find on Youtube) are not the same as the game we got in the end. However, Spore was not broken - It wasn't full of bugs that rendered the game unplayable or at least not meaning you had to play the game in a particular way to "win". It had some flaws and could have used a lot more love to make it a better product which it never got... (which I do blame Maxis for).

Whats interesting is the comparisons that can be drawn between the two. Both EA & Maxis. Both had massive pre-launch followings. Both had huge publicity campaigns (not advertising, anyone who believes in advertising deserves to get butt-hurt). Both failed to deliver what people had been led to expect.

Anywhooo, I'm rambling. I like this thread. The whole reason I keep coming back to this forum is for you, Sedated and the guy you all keep arguing with. Its truly hilarious!

ROFLMAO.. thanks for putting me in the same category as those other rants :P

I liked spore.. i liked how it started from a very simple concept and you would build on it to generate an organism... but after a point when you had to explore the galaxy i kinda left it behind.. i lost interest..

i'm going to go put a time line together for spore and see what i find then.. only difference there was wasn't will actually working ON the game vs this one where he had nothing to do with it.. or sims 3 (am i right or wrong)

how can the father of city building be happy with simcity 2013.. he had to have been playing a different version then the rest of us.. hahaha.. no way would he have let this hit the streets..

which is exactly how i feel now after playing 300+ hours of simcity 2013

i also was just reading on the tweets about the person whom was quoted as saying the game was to complex blah blah was miss qujoted and he is going to post the real conversation..

i'm pretty sure at this point if he posts anything it would be an EA edition of the transcripts not the real deal.. unless they are willing to release live footage im gonna take the postings of anything that disputes what has been published as PR in motion.

and i'm not that bad am i ??? :(
#22SevenTenthsPosted 4/10/2013 2:39:58 PM
10 years of work,

they didn't start working on this simcity the day simcity 4 was released you know.
---
http://mikelikesthis.net/
MGS 5 Officially Confirmed
#23xoxide124(Topic Creator)Posted 4/10/2013 3:00:05 PM
SevenTenths posted...
10 years of work,

they didn't start working on this simcity the day simcity 4 was released you know.

i'm aware.. .. that was a comment directed towards the love of the franchise .. if you look at the trailer .. it was about how it was going to be released after 10 years from the sc4 release etc..

wish will had worked on it 10 years.. we would all be way happier .. in an article i read some time ago.. 2009 or 8 .. he was saying how he was always wanting more power than the machines could produce.. just imagine if he were the person pushing the product and maxis team..

great mind surrounded by great tallent can produce an amazing product if it has heart soul and the energy .. almost will to become something great.. just like SC4 did.. it was mean to out live its creation.. and its kept up better than most..
#24xoxide124(Topic Creator)Posted 4/10/2013 3:01:48 PM
SlyClone2k posted...
P.S. In case you didn't guess I'm English. I forget America has to shorten the name of everything
(http://simple.wikipedia.org/wiki/Skimmed_milk)

That whole bit about milk was actually just trolling :o)

OHHHhh.. actually that joke went over my head till you pointed it out. my jokes are limited to DR who.. :) haha

chips and custard..
#25Laylow12Posted 4/10/2013 8:33:01 PM
Just posting in here to say that EA sucks donkey b****.
---
The Queen of Light took her bow, and then she turned to go.
The Prince of Peace embraced the gloom, and walked the night alone.-Battle of Evermore/Zeppelin
#26SlyClone2kPosted 4/12/2013 2:27:03 PM
xoxide124 posted...
8< snip

I liked spore.. i liked how it started from a very simple concept and you would build on it to generate an organism... but after a point when you had to explore the galaxy i kinda left it behind.. i lost interest..

i'm going to go put a time line together for spore and see what i find then.. only difference there was wasn't will actually working ON the game vs this one where he had nothing to do with it.. or sims 3 (am i right or wrong)

how can the father of city building be happy with simcity 2013.. he had to have been playing a different version then the rest of us.. hahaha.. no way would he have let this hit the streets..

8< snip
and i'm not that bad am i ??? :(

I did eventually get to the center of the universe to see the "end" of Spore. There was a fair bit of grinding needed to complete that bit and after you'd got enough money, upgrades and what not to get there, you'd kind of had enough of the space part of the game (and it was that bit that could have used the most attention).

Yes I believe Will's last project was Spore. I'm not sure he's even an exec producer anymore (perhaps you can check the credits) But Sims 3 and SC5 are someone else brain children.

And naah, you're not that bad. ;)
---
"Have to start remembering there are 4 versions of reality.. past, present, Ea and pr.." - xoxide124
#27xoxide124(Topic Creator)Posted 4/15/2013 7:55:02 PM
someone has posted some strong information on this subject

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=35585202
#28JBDevinPosted 4/15/2013 8:46:03 PM
xoxide124 stop trolling

i am as disappointed with this game as everyone else. I do want my money back. HOWEVER i do take showers. So i can clean the sand out of places it shouldnt be :)

Make the best out of a broken game that you spent money on. You spent the money, so stop wasting your time complaining and play it. If that is to much to ask, Skyrim is always a good game to waste most of anyone's life on :)

CHEERS
#29xoxide124(Topic Creator)Posted 4/16/2013 12:01:53 PM
JBDevin posted...
xoxide124 stop trolling

i am as disappointed with this game as everyone else. I do want my money back. HOWEVER i do take showers. So i can clean the sand out of places it shouldnt be :)

Make the best out of a broken game that you spent money on. You spent the money, so stop wasting your time complaining and play it. If that is to much to ask, Skyrim is always a good game to waste most of anyone's life on :)

CHEERS

HEY JB i'm not a troll so if you wanna throw insults around then go play in the sandbox with the other sript and troll kiddies..

i'm sharing information and will continue to do so not only here but in all groups i belong.. so thanks for leaving just a negative comment for no reason..

CHEERS yourself
#30JBDevinPosted 4/16/2013 2:25:25 PM
xoxide124 posted...
JBDevin posted...
xoxide124 stop trolling

CHEERS

HEY JB i'm not a troll so if you wanna throw insults around then go play in the sandbox with the other sript and troll kiddies..

i'm sharing information and will continue to do so not only here but in all groups i belong.. so thanks for leaving just a negative comment for no reason..

CHEERS yourself

i apolgize that u found my comment so negative. but complaining about features shown in a game trailer vs the real game happens almost all the time. Watch e3 sometime. to me that would be trolling

thank you and have a good day